Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

200 cases here in India so far. 5 deaths so far. Mostly elderly and a young lady (23 years ) who traveled with the virus and landed here from UK.  No community spread reported. 
Most cities are under semi-lockdown as a precaution till Mar 31.  Malls, theatres, temples, historic monuments all closed. 
Most of the MNC’s and other companies have ordered Work from Home.

This Sunday, PM Modi has asked for a people’s curfew across the Country and has asked everyone to stay indoors.People need to cooperate to stop its spread. Social Distancing is the way to go. We are grateful to the Doctors, Nurses, Support staff, Police and other important public servants who are still working for us. God bless them and let’s be all safe !!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Hi young man (taking the piss of course) how be you then bearing up under the strain lol

Yeh we are all ok pal.As long as we stay infection free we can do the social distancing thing,different story if we get signs or symptoms.However the family are keeping in touch and keeping us supplied with essentials.I wonder if these arsehole stockpilers are proud of themselves.

Look after yourselves and stay safe buddy👍

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Keep it 'up' Dave. 32 for me here. Just a little give and take but, mostly give. 😁

As far as I'm concerned if you trust and respect each other I don't see the problem!!.Is that simplistic?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ashleyxyz said:

Put a clean pillow case over your head while bodily fluids are flying about. Then throw him out the front door when your finished for safety reasons.

Haha, are full body condoms a thing? If not then does anyone wanna back my kickstarter to create them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

He wants to be, but he's not sure it's the right time. First we need to get married. I'm gonna propose to him, I've really been thinking about that. Then we can buy a small house and move on.

With what is going on in the world today I think it proves there is never "a right time". Just grab happiness where you find it and enjoy each other!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, firewall said:

+627 new deaths on 24 h  in italy 😏, this number grow up every day it's crazy

I've heard there are many very old folks in the area, they're the most vulnerable unfortunately.

12 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

I've heard there are many very old folks in the area, they're the most vulnerable unfortunately.

the problem also is they are surpassed by the quantity of the people arrive to the hospital and they have to choose between the people who have the most chance to survive and between  one person of 80 yo  and one person of 50 yo they will choose this one of 50 yo in priority , many old person  die in their corner alone without their family ☹️ the situation is critical in italy,

i heard the history of a doctor at the radio with his patient before he die and it was horrible

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, firewall said:

the problem also is they are surpassed by the quantity of the people arrive to the hospital and they have to choose between the people who have the most chance to survive and between  one person of 80 yo  and one person of 50 yo they will choose this one of 50 yo in priority , many old person  die in their corner alone without their family ☹️ the situation is critical in italy,

i heard the history of a doctor at the radio with his patient before he die and it was horrible

from www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-18/99-of-those-who-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

99% of Those Who Died From Virus Had Other Illness, Italy Says

By Tommaso Ebhardt Chiara Remondini, and Marco Bertacche

March 18, 2020, 5:56 AM PDT

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

After deaths from the virus reached more than 2,500, with a 150% increase in the past week, health authorities have been combing through data to provide clues to help combat the spread of the disease.

Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte’s government is evaluating whether to extend a nationwide lockdown beyond the beginning of April, daily La Stampa reported Wednesday. Italy has more than 31,500 confirmed cases of the illness.The new study could provide insight into why Italy’s death rate, at about 8% of total infected people, is higher than in other countries.The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country’s coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions.

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

The median age of the infected is 63 but most of those who die are older

The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

While data released Tuesday point to a slowdown in the increase of cases, with a 12.6% rise, a separate study shows Italy could be underestimating the real number of cases by testing only patients presenting symptoms.

According to the GIMBE Foundation, about 100,000 Italians have contracted the virus, daily Il Sole 24 Ore reported. That would bring back the country’s death rate closer to the global average of about 2%.

4 hours ago, firewall said:

is it like that doctor i will die without my wife and my children around me ? he started to cry and a few minutes later he was dead,

when i heard this history two days ago on the radio related by this doctor i cried too, i really hope i would not die in this condition when my turn will come, it was in France because of the covid19.

• Sad 1