Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

1 hour ago, Robwin said:

Much is always being done to fight the conventional flu or maybe you haven't noticed.

For a start there are vaccines for flu which are regulary updated as the flu virus is forever mutating this is why, in the UK at  least, free vaccinations are given every year to those at most risk.

At this time there is no cure or vaccine for the Coronavirus which makes it potentially very dangerous and more so than flu at this point in time bearing in mind it is in it's infancy.

This is why the fuss, as you so detrimentally call it, is being taken very seriously by governments all over the world, again if you haven't noticed.

Next question?

Yes I know about the vaccines. My question was still a lot more people die from the conventional flu and people don't panic because of it. 

I agree we should make precautions because of it. But I don't understand people panicking because of it. 

When it gets warmer in the northern part of the planet the virus will most likely retreat again. 

45 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Yes I know about the vaccines. My question was still a lot more people die from the conventional flu and people don't panic because of it. 

I agree we should make precautions because of it. But I don't understand people panicking because of it. 

When it gets warmer in the northern part of the planet the virus will most likely retreat again. 

Probably because flu has been around much longer,more established and therefore more people catch it. Also the death rate may seem high but in relation to those who catch it is probably less proportionately especially as many cases are never even reported.

People are not panicking as you put it but in view that there is no vaccine at this present time everyone is being extremely wary and worried even if you aren't and are therefore trying to take the appropriate steps before it gets out of hand which it certainly would if no urgent precautions were taken.

Don't know what point you are trying to prove but this Coronavirus is potentially very deadly so you might be wise to wash your hands more.

Oh yes and when it gets warmer we may all get sunburnt.

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Probably because flu has been around much longer,more established and therefore more people catch it. Also the death rate may seem high but in relation to those who catch it is probably less proportionately especially as many cases are never even reported.

People are not panicking as you put it but in view that there is no vaccine at this present time everyone is being extremely wary and worried even if you aren't and are therefore trying to take the appropriate steps before it gets out of hand which it certainly would if no urgent precautions were taken.

Don't know what point you are trying to prove but this Coronavirus is potentially very deadly so you might be wise to wash your hands more.

Oh yes and when it gets warmer we may all get sunburnt.

Even if there were a vaccine, it would do nothing for the already exposed and infected people---Once it is created, it might help to stop future infections.  

Statistics show as of the present the coronavirus is less deadly than the flu--it just spreads more rapidly. 

WWW.BBC.COM

The current best guess of a 1% death rate does not apply to everyone.
WWW.NYTIMES.COM

As new cases appear on the West Coast, some — including the president — are comparing it to the seasonal flu. Here’s a close look at the differences.

4 minutes ago, happyone said:

Even if there were a vaccine, it would do nothing for the already exposed and infected people---Once it is created, it might help to stop future infections.  

Statistics show as of the present the coronavirus is less deadly than the the flu.

The current best guess of a 1% death rate does not apply to everyone.

Statistics and guesses not necessarily a good combination. Statistics can prove anything depending on your viewpoint.

On 3/2/2020 at 7:26 AM, StnCld316 said:

6 more Canadians from Ontario added to the list of being stricken with Coronavirus.

and 30 more for us yesterday and probably the same thing again today, the Louvre museum is closed for the moment

third death now here, 2,5% of death it's the average with this virus for the moment and it's more than the flu around 0,5%

22 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Finally our media can celebrate... they was getting too much depressed for not having positive cases in the country.
2 positives from today coming from Spain / Italy

i was surprised the other day when i posted the list of the countries infected to not see your country in the list,

every days there is new country contamined now

7 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I don't know the press in the other countries.. But here it have been ridiculous in the last weeks, specially when a new "suspection" was being analyzed 

It's probably that starts grow now. There is a positive case from a famous writer, Luis Sepulveda that was detected in Spain but had been in conferences and meetings with a lot of people prior in Portugal for 5 days 

here the media goes crazy, you have only that now on the news channels 

10 hours ago, firewall said:

and 30 more for us yesterday and probably the same thing again today, the Louvre museum is closed for the moment

third death now here, 3% of death it's the average with this virus for the moment and it's more than the flu around 0,5%

nope 61 more today 😏

9 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

New from China I heard is they have more healed that newly infected now. Maybe it's getting better already there

yes seems the virus start fall in china only around 200 people contamined yesterday in china but grow up in the other countries,

a funny moment yesterday when a minister of merkel refused to shake hands with her because of the virus

Capture-2020-03-03-08-59-04-21.jpg

• Haha 1