Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

China have a very rigid military presence I suspect and most probably stopped most people movement from Wuhan to other area's as they can be a very strict regime. I have read that this virus was a deliberately manufactured laboratory thing which accidentally escaped so what the hell they were planning to do with it god knows.

I think it's high time the rest of the world was strict about it too. I never thought I'd appreciate China's authoritarian approach until now. Definitely beats the two-party system atm which has people way too busy blaming the other party (including the freaking head of state!) like a bunch of moronic clowns. Time to unite and be strict about it just like China. I don't understand why people are still being allowed to fly all over the place, especially if it's just for pleasure and not important business. Recipe for disaster. 

I actually believe that conspiracy. Whatever doubts I had were squashed when I heard about the previous fictional books and movies published years ago that had mentioned this very same thing happening out of Wuhan of all places!! I mean I understand there is a huge research biolab there and it was really a matter of when not if, but still....🤔 thinking think GIF

• Like 1

I just watched an interesting history of the Spanish Flu. Of special note is that the cities that got it the worst had their efforts run by politicians.

The cities that got off easy listened to their medical people and acted in accordance. They were prepared, whereas the cities with the most deaths were in denial, and their leaders were more interested in CYA than anything else.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I just watched an interesting history of the Spanish Flu. Of special note is that the cities that got it the worst had their efforts run by politicians.

The cities that got off easy listened to their medical people and acted in accordance. They were prepared, whereas the cities with the most deaths were in denial, and their leaders were more interested in CYA than anything else.

Thanks! I'll keep this in mind when deciding to who to pay attention to because right now doesn't seem like doctors and politicians are agreeing on the right course of action here sin the US.

6 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

Well it is very strange over here in the UK as politicians of all party's are actually being nice to each other and agreeing with each other on the actions being taken, like living in a parallel universe lol. Appreciate that in the states this is election year so one has to make allowances I suppose 😁

18 hours ago, AntEater said:

Are schools actually closed? Because I read that in the news but then multiple Italians were commenting on the article saying it is a lie and most schools are open.

I don't understand how China has managed to contain this mainly within Wuhan and one other city. Other big cities within China like Beijing don't seem to be affected much especially compared to other countries. The rest of the world has had a whole month+ to prepare but they're only now starting to wake up to the seriousness of it all. Why are we not all looking to China to help figure out how to contain this virus? And how is the virus doing in China now because a lot of the coronavirus news I'm coming across is all about the U.S. and Europe. 

Will we ever know the true figures for China though?

• Like 1

We're concerned that in some countries the level of political commitment
& the actions that demonstrate that commitment don't match the level of
the threat we all face.
This is NOT a drill.
NOT the time to give up.
NOT a time for excuses.
This is a time for pulling out all the stops.

— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros), Director-General, World Health Organization (WHO) March 5, 2020
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, letsdothis said:

We're concerned that in some countries the level of political commitment
& the actions that demonstrate that commitment don't match the level of
the threat we all face.
This is NOT a drill.
NOT the time to give up.
NOT a time for excuses.
This is a time for pulling out all the stops.

— Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus (@DrTedros), Director-General, World Health Organization (WHO) March 5, 2020

Scary! 

• Like 1