Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

1 hour ago, firewall said:

how many people are infected in  usa and canada ?

the most danger area in my opinion is the africa, if the virus expand in this area i predict a disaster wit alot of dead

So far in the US there are 14 confirmed cases and in Canada there are 17 cases reported.  Now how many have it and it goes unreported is where the biggest problem lies. They just roam around freely and it becomes air-born infecting millions in the meantime.  With no vaccine in place you got a Pandemic.  

15 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

So far in the US there are 14 confirmed cases and in Canada there are 17 cases reported.  Now how many have it and it goes unreported is where the biggest problem lies. They just roam around freely and it becomes air-born infecting millions in the meantime.  With no vaccine in place you got a Pandemic.  

it's exactly what happened here, that person who was infected circuled during more than a week before being detected and during this time he contamined other people and now every days we have new people are contamined,

in my opinion it's just a start, in italy there is 888 people contamined now, this virus going very fast,

the pandemic is in front of us !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, firewall said:

it's exactly what happened here, that person who was infected circuled during more than a week before being detected and during this time he contamined other people and now every days we have new people are contamined,

in my opinion it's just a start, in italy there is 888 people contamined now, this virus going very fast,

the pandemic is in front of us !

I agree there. 

• Like 1

It's going to infect the health workers which will pass it on to their patients which will pass it on down the line. 

Let's take this to a conspiracy theory level. The virus was started in a lab and slowly put out among the populous to try and thin the population of the world. The way the population has risen, it's unsustainable in may high populous areas, such as...China and the Far East areas. Once moved into a continent such as Africa, where healthcare is minimal at best in a sizeable portion of the continent, it will kill off the older generations and the very young.

In a way, it's a lot easier than starting a World War, not that, that seems so far away but, the destruction of the countryside is very minimal with a virus. Look at the cruise ships. These things are floating disease carriers of all kinds. The are up to sizes carrying 4000-5000 passengers and another 3000 in crew that traverse the hidden hallways. People are consuming vast quantities of alcohol, dancing and drinking for as long as there is someone on the dance floor the club stays open. Then they pair up and go sleeping with who knows who in a lot of cases.

Personally, I feel fairly safe. I work alone, rarely go to public places, don't sleep around and stay out of healthcare places. That may sound boring to many, but I like my own company. I stay busy always working on home projects and if the right classic car project comes along, that absorbs my attention. Grease and grime win over some human bodily fluids. If I have to use a keypad accessible to the public, I use the end of my pen. I don't hold onto railings of stairs or touch things that are touched by many people. I'm a germaphobe per se', but humans are dirty creatures. Many think they only need to bathe once or twice a week. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, firewall said:

we have  57 people infected today in france (19 more than yesterday), the virus start progress here

and 73 now 24h later 😏, i don't know where we go it's not good, many events start to be canceled in the department the most infected and the semi-marathon of paris is canceled also

all meeting of more 5000 people in confined place will be deleted now, the internationnal agricultural show of paris is stopped  before the end

5 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

It's going to infect the health workers which will pass it on to their patients which will pass it on down the line. 

Let's take this to a conspiracy theory level. The virus was started in a lab and slowly put out among the populous to try and thin the population of the world. The way the population has risen, it's unsustainable in may high populous areas, such as...China and the Far East areas. Once moved into a continent such as Africa, where healthcare is minimal at best in a sizeable portion of the continent, it will kill off the older generations and the very young.

In a way, it's a lot easier than starting a World War, not that, that seems so far away but, the destruction of the countryside is very minimal with a virus. Look at the cruise ships. These things are floating disease carriers of all kinds. The are up to sizes carrying 4000-5000 passengers and another 3000 in crew that traverse the hidden hallways. People are consuming vast quantities of alcohol, dancing and drinking for as long as there is someone on the dance floor the club stays open. Then they pair up and go sleeping with who knows who in a lot of cases.

there are 1,386,000,000 people in China and until now "only"  2835 people died in 3 months. => 0.0024% of the population.

Ok the epidemic is not over in China but i defnitely don't think this virus is strong enough to impact the numbers of the population in the world, in a country even in a city area. The economic impact is much more a serious threat.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, phantomcapsnet said:

there are 1,386,000,000 people in China and until now "only"  2835 people died in 3 months. => 0.0024% of the population.

Ok the epidemic is not over in China but i defnitely don't think this virus is strong enough to impact the numbers of the population in the world, in a country even in a city area. The economic impact is much more a serious threat.

Referring to my earlier post on page 2 with stats

So overall, which is worse: coronavirus or flu?

That's not really an easy question to answer, says Dr. Brown. "It depends on what you mean by worse,” he says. “More easily spread? Then it appears to be coronavirus. Causes more cases of serious illness. Then it’s flu.”

•  
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree with @TBG 150 here in Florida, most everyone enjoys the Tropical surroundings, except for the Bugs. Florida has at least 12,500 insects, not including the Burmese Snakes, that are cracking eggs at an alarming rate. Then, “If you encounter a nuisance Gator, contact Florida Nuisance Gator Hotline at 866-FWC GATOR. The FWC then decides whether it poses a threat and then assigns a specialized trapper to remove it and relocate it.” Can you imagine someone calling, ah, can you send a trapper over to remove a Gator who is biting on my foot. lol. Yep, My home state. One reason a few of us here live Oceanfront. Less Bugs!They all eat something, and whether we call them "pests" depends on how they impact our lives. Some of them eat the plants we consider essential, and some of them bite, sting, or try to feed on us. Many insects are invasive species that arrived in Florida by accident or intentionally introduced. Many of the invaders affect Florida residents and our environment in a negative way. Scientist in one of our prestige University, experimented with "LOVE-BUGS" and a few bolted out the window. They multiplied into billions. Destroying most everything in their path. (Paint on Cars on houses, vegetation) No insects or Birds would touch them. Little Aliens full of fucking acid. They come around twice a year, during the daylight hours. The point is, we have everything under the Sun. Cruise Ships, People from all over the world, etc visiting our own Paradise.. IMO, the flu remains a far deadlier illness to worry about in Florida than the coronavirus. "Influenza is the elephant in the room no one is talking about." A Doctor voiced the matter to the "Senate Health Policy Committee." "It's killing people." 

"The federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention had received reports of more than 31 million cases of Influenza or influenza-type illnesses nationally between October and the first two weeks of February. More than 350,000 people have been hospitalized and there have been more than 25,000 deaths." Meanwhile, the coronavirus, or COVID-19, was first reported in Wuhan, China on Dec. 31, of this year. The organization reported 73,424 cases of the virus and 1,873 deaths as of this past Tuesday (GOOGLE IT) "The flu is an immediate threat to Florida's population," Influenza is here, whether we like it or not and it's a problem. We don't want to get distracted with (the coronavirus) when we have something quite serious going on here. Conspiracy seems logical to me. I know, I have posted my many Healthy ventures eating ONLY ORGANIC. I drink Green Juice every day. No Flu-Shots, Colds, Stomach, anything internal for the past twelve years. (it also helps with boners) 01.gif.f926e1f68343aa29a0dae9b4bac9b33f.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, phantomcapsnet said:

I do not in any way believe those figures.  They are from the Chinese government, an entity not known for it's integrity.  Fact is that they were so concerned that they built a 1000 bed hospital in a week.  Either a massive over-reaction?... or they needed it.  I think they needed it.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, firewall said:

and 73 now 24h later 😏, i don't know where we go it's not good, many events start to be canceled in the department the most infected and the semi-marathon of paris is canceled also

all meeting of more 5000 people in confined place will be deleted now, the internationnal agricultural show of paris is stopped  before the end

and 100 people infected now at 6.00 pm 😏 i stop here the count, more than 80 schools will be closed this monday in the department the most infected

7 hours ago, ipiratemedia said:

"The flu is an immediate threat to Florida's population,"

Because they let all the Snowbirds in for the Winter Months and they bring everything along with them.    

What's in Florida that is 1000 Feet Long and smells like Urine?      A bunch of Senior Citizens Country Line Dancing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1