Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

On 2/29/2020 at 7:43 AM, firewall said:

the most danger area in my opinion is the africa, if the virus expand in this area i predict a disaster wit alot of dead

Like every flu related virus it can't survive in hot climate areas. I think Africa is save...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

So not even 100.000 infected in the whole word where we have around 7,8 billion people? 

What a "killer virus" 😁Playing Plague Inc I would have already lost sooo bad. 😂

I doubt if family's who have lost loved ones think it so funny eh? It hasn't been around that long just a matter of weeks really the real test will be in say 6 months time. Might be best to remember that.

• Like 5

If you want to bash someone, take it to the Rants and Flame Wars section. No need for a discussion thread to become a name calling thread like many others. Just because you don't agree with a persons opinion doesn't mean you have to spout off with derogatory names. Not that it takes too much thought to know who you really are. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

If you want to bash someone, take it to the Rants and Flame Wars section. No need for a discussion thread to become a name calling thread like many others. Just because you don't agree with a persons opinion doesn't mean you have to spout off with derogatory names. Not that it takes too much thought to know who you really are. 

And who are you? He was out of order and will say what I want, where I want. And who am I then? 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

Well for someone to come out with such a stupid,juvenile and disgusting comment like that deserves all he gets in the current world situation whatever bloody thread it is in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jabbath1987 said:

So not even 100.000 infected in the whole word where we have around 7,8 billion people? 

What a "killer virus" 😁Playing Plague Inc I would have already lost sooo bad. 😂

I tend to say that we can laugh at everything but there are still more than 3000 dead who deserve maybe a little more respect from you

Yes, we probably react excessively because of this virus, but it is because it is new, it is transmitted quickly and it does a lot of damage in vulnerable people.

If world leaders are taking action against this virus and more and more events are being canceled, it is because there is an immediate risk of contamination on a larger scale than now, do not give the pleasure this virus to do even more damage than it can do now

We can talk about natural selection or that the planet regains its rights over humans, it is still human beings who die because of it

• Like 5

The above twitter references the seattle response--but it is primarily flu related if you delve deeper into the tweet.

This is the most current report from the CDC dated 2/29/2020

WWW.CDC.GOV

Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is a virus (more specifically, a coronavirus) identified as the cause of an outbreak of respiratory illness first detected in Wuhan, China.

An excerpt from the article.

At this time, however, most people in the United States will have little immediate risk of exposure to this virus. This virus is NOT currently spreading widely in the United States. However, it is important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic. This is a rapidly evolving situation and the risk assessment will be updated as needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, moos54 said:

I tend to say that we can laugh at everything but there are still more than 3000 dead who deserve maybe a little more respect from you

Yes, we probably react excessively because of this virus, but it is because it is new, it is transmitted quickly and it does a lot of damage in vulnerable people.

If world leaders are taking action against this virus and more and more events are being canceled, it is because there is an immediate risk of contamination on a larger scale than now, do not give the pleasure this virus to do even more damage than it can do now

We can talk about natural selection or that the planet regains its rights over humans, it is still human beings who die because of it

Well my following question was why nothing is done then against the conventional flu? A lot more people die from it each year. That is why I do not get all the fuss they make about it...

39 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well my following question was why nothing is done then against the conventional flu? A lot more people die from it each year. That is why I do not get all the fuss they make about it...

Much is always being done to fight the conventional flu or maybe you haven't noticed.

For a start there are vaccines for flu which are regulary updated as the flu virus is forever mutating this is why, in the UK at  least, free vaccinations are given every year to those at most risk.

At this time there is no cure or vaccine for the Coronavirus which makes it potentially very dangerous and more so than flu at this point in time bearing in mind it is in it's infancy.

This is why the fuss, as you so detrimentally call it, is being taken very seriously by governments all over the world, again if you haven't noticed.

Next question?

• Upvote 1