Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

8 hours ago, happyone said:

This is the current data--pay close attention to the deaths per 1 million population and the cases per 1 million in population.

You can't accurately compare the per million numbers between countries
with vastly differing populations. For example, China has 1.4 billion people,
so their per million numbers will be much smaller, even if they had hundreds
of thousands total cases and deaths. On the other hand, a country like Spain
(46.7 million) or Italy (60.4 million) will have much higher per million numbers
because their populations are much smaller.

Even between the US and Germany, the US has almost 3 times as many people
as Germany.

In general, the larger your population, the lower the per million numbers will be.
If your total cases and deaths start getting closer to your total population, then
the per million numbers will start to rise, as well.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, moos54 said:

I just read that on the news  if it's true it's very scary

Expert evokes 100,000 to 200,000 deaths in the United State

The coronavirus could kill up to 200,000 people in the United States, an infectious diseases expert, Donald Trump's advisor on the pandemic, said on Sunday, while calling for caution about the projections.

Become in the eyes of millions of Americans a reassuring figure during his almost daily interventions within the "task force" of the White House on the virus, Dr. Anthony Fauci has also mentioned "millions of possible cases".

But if they discover a medication that cures or reduces the severity of the disease in infected people that changes everything. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, letsdothis said:

As evidenced by this catastrophe, that may depend on who is in office.

The Spanish Flu started in January 1918 and it lasted until December 1920. The World Population in 1918 was only 1.8 Billion People and it caused over 50 Million Deaths. 

The Coronavirus (COVID19) supposedly started in December 2019 or January 2020 and there is no end in site as to when this Virus will leave. With No Vaccine in place this thing could circle the globe and come back and harvest itself once again. Now the World Population is nearing 8 Billion People which is getting close to 6 Billion more than it had 102 Years ago.  Now if History should happen to repeat itself the World as whole is in deep trouble.  

This is either a Punishment from God or the Work of Lucifer.

• Upvote 1

When this started, all the experts were saying that Covid-19 (AKA, Corona, Wuflu, China Flu, One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest, etc.) would be ten times more lethal that our regular seasonal flu. We've had a vaccine for the standard flu for many years. Older people and people with medical issues are encouraged to get a flu shot every year so that they don't catch it and die.

I wonder what the death rate would be without the vaccine, and whether it could rival Covid-19.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

When this started, all the experts were saying that Covid-19 (AKA, Corona, Wuflu, China Flu, One Flu Over the Cuckoo's Nest, etc.) would be ten times more lethal that our regular seasonal flu. We've had a vaccine for the standard flu for many years. Older people and people with medical issues are encouraged to get a flu shot every year so that they don't catch it and die.

I wonder what the death rate would be without the vaccine, and whether it could rival Covid-19.

Hey Foamy, hope all is well! We could never know because I read half the people who are seniors or have underlying conditions dont get annual flu shots. My parents dont, they think you can get the flu from it. Duh Mom and Dad

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Sunday the FDA issued emergency authorization of anti-malaria drug for coronavirus care.  Hope this results in a big break through.

there is a big debate in France on this medicate called "hydrochloroquine", some professors want use that right now and the others want to wait the result of the clinical test in around 10 days for make sure there is no risk with this medicate and this virus and if it's a efficient medicate because there is a side effect on the heartbeat 

5 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Hey Foamy, hope all is well! We could never know because I read half the people who are seniors or have underlying conditions dont get annual flu shots. My parents dont, they think you can get the flu from it. Duh Mom and Dad

I can understand why they don't want the vaccine. I got a swine flu shot in 1976 during an outbreak of the swine flu; it made me deathly sick for several days, and I didn't get any more flu vaccines until a few years ago when the usual aging problems cropped up. (In other words, my doctors put a gun to my head.) That 1976 vaccine was rushed to market without proper testing. Pandemics are usually a lose-lose situation for everybody, including the governments of the world. More info at:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

The Spanish Flu started in January 1918 and it lasted until December 1920. The World Population in 1918 was only 1.8 Billion People and it caused over 50 Million Deaths. 

The Coronavirus (COVID19) supposedly started in December 2019 or January 2020 and there is no end in site as to when this Virus will leave. With No Vaccine in place this thing could circle the globe and come back and harvest itself once again. Now the World Population is nearing 8 Billion People which is getting close to 6 Billion more than it had 102 Years ago.  Now if History should happen to repeat itself the World as whole is in deep trouble.  

No god, no Lucifer. You have to blame Darwin. 😉

BTW, It's amazing how much really interesting information is freely available on the Internet. Here's a course about virology. Lecture 21 will be about evolution. Haven't seen it myself, so far. 

For all who can understand german, here is a really great and easy to understand podcast series about Covid-19. A lot of interesting explanations also with practical use (e.g. usefulness of masks etc.). 

WWW.NDR.DE

Der Virologe Prof. Christian Drosten hat Sars-CoV-2 so gut erforscht wie kaum ein anderer. Alle Welt fragt jetzt um seinen Rat - uns gibt er nun...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

Now if History should happen to repeat itself the World as whole is in deep trouble.  

Look on the bright side, when you are dead you won't know fuckall about it. Win win eh 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Some nations don't give a shit about coronavirus outbreak, read this 😂

NEWS.SKY.COM

Professional football has ground to a halt around the world because of the coronavirus pandemic, with one notable exception.