Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

5 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I know all about double blind studies. I also know that it takes much time to conduct those studies. People need treatment right now. Hydroxychloroquine has been proven to be a safe drug for fifty five years. 

At least 55 years. If I was dying from complications from covid, I'd beg my doc to give it to me. The medicine that is, for the dirty minded out there! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, happyone said:

So in that same vein of thought, Dr Fauci should have kept his mouth shut and not announce too quickly that 100,000 people in the USA will die from this virus according to his models--

Turns out to be not true.

But Dr. Fauci is an "expert", so any bullshit he puts out there is accepted as the gospel truth. The people who designed the IMHE model that Dr. Fauci uses for his predictions are also "experts". Originally they predicted 240,00 Americans would die. Now they are saying 61,000.  My question is, how many times is an "expert" allowed to be completely wrong until he/she is no longer considered to be an "expert"? 

2 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

At least 55 years. If I was dying from complications from covid, I'd beg my doc to give it to me. The medicine that is, for the dirty minded out there! 

Its ok Ash we all knew you really meant an injection and would only want the doc to give you a little prick although in your case preferably a big one 😂🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I saw the head of the FDA on tv tonight. He said there are two hydroxychloroquine  clinical tests being conducted in the U.S. right now.  And then he said results will be available in two months. Spoken like a true government bureaucrat.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Because they believe high covid-19 death numbers will hurt Trump in the 2020 election. Did you really need to ask why?

OMG this debate on here is getting more farcial every hour and i was last on here about 5hrs ago lol.

Good job all the CC experts ain't running things then or we would all be bloody dead before you reached a solution, and that would be from natural causes i may add as the virus would have probably burnt itself out years before :biggrin:

Carry on guys the world is waiting :biggrin:

• Like 4

6 hours ago, moos54 said:

certainly he won't be the first nor the last, but maybe by this time if he would still be alive if he hadn't had such information, or maybe he would have done it anyway this mistake
I'm not saying that the error comes from Trump, I'm just saying that he should let the doctors do their job and not announce things too quickly
He did it again with remarks aimed at the WHO before having to retract publicly regarding his remarks

moos, please name me a leader anywhere in the world that stands out in front of the Media everyday and gives the world an update on what is going on with this virus, not only does he not have a scripted answer by highly educated speech writer for every single question, the problem everyone seems to forget is that President Trump in not a refined politician, didn't take political science in college with hopes of becoming a public leader. He is in fact a person more like most all of the people of the world in which are having a normal conversation between each other. Most people wear their emotions on their sleeves, and say out loud just what ever pops into their heads and what they are thinking. Most all public leaders have an highly educated silver tonged devil that is called a press secretary who deflects every question with a political answer.

I actually find it kind of refreshing to see that a man who fully knows that every single word he utters will be highly scrutinized by the Media, knowing that every word will be twisted by the Media to fit their agenda and narrative, so they can make the high lite reels and gain ratings power. Yet day after day, he makes his way to the podium and tries to assure the American people that there is hope in this crisis.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I saw the head of the FDA on tv tonight. He said there are two hydroxychloroquine  clinical tests being conducted in the U.S. right now.  And then he said results will be available in two months. Spoken like a true government bureaucrat.

Thats for sure.! 2 months!? That's ridiculous, well people are already using it, if their doc thinks it will help. I guess the feds will be better late than never. In case this makes a big return in the fall.

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Because they believe high covid-19 death numbers will hurt Trump in the 2020 election. Did you really need to ask why?

They should put something like" Heart Attack,  complication by covid 19. My Dad has diabetes, if hea a heart attack that's the cause of death, not diabetes. Same with smoking, if a guy smokes 3 packs a day and dies from lung cancer, they wont put smoking as a cause of death.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

Thats for sure.! 2 months!? That's ridiculous, well people are already using it, if their doc thinks it will help. I guess the feds will be better late than never. In case this makes a big return in the fall.

Glad theses guys weren't in charge of the D-day invasion. They would have probably bombarded the beaches after our soldiers were on the beaches rather than before they went ashore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1