Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

55 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

And who are the "experts"?  

31 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

There was a time when the establishment medical "experts" believed that "bleeding" a patient was the proper way to treat disease.  There was also a time when so called establishment "experts" stated as fact that the earth was flat, and those who dared to say that it was a sphere were considered to be kooks. 

Do you really compare the scientific methods of modern times with the predominantly religious dominated area of the middle ages?!? Don't you realize how stupid this comparison is?

Where does this deep skepticism towards science or knowledge comes from? What makes you trust a person like Trump more than someone who has been dealing with this kind of topic all their life in an scientific  manner? 

Without these experts there would be no hydroxychloroquine

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Do you really compare the scientific methods of modern times with the predominantly religious dominated area of the middle ages?!? Don't you realize how stupid this comparison is?

Where does this deep skepticism towards science or knowledge comes from? What makes you trust a person like Trump more than someone who has been dealing with this kind of topic all their life in an scientific  manner? 

Let's get one thing straight---Trump touted hydroxychloroquine as a possible remedy to Covid19---he didn't prescribe it to anyone--the professionals do that and those that do, have reported results using it along with other medications. 

10 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I believe in the truly objective scientific process, but a lot of the scientific process today has become contaminated by politics. Science in the middle ages was dominated by religion. Science today is becoming dominated by politics.

46 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

There was a time when the establishment medical "experts" believed that "bleeding" a patient was the proper way to treat disease.  There was also a time when so called establishment "experts" stated as fact that the earth was flat, and those who dared to say that it was a sphere were considered to be kooks. 

What is this b.s. you're spewing, just stay away from the edge and you won't fall off!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, happyone said:

Let's get one thing straight---Trump touted hydroxychloroquine as a possible remedy to Covid19---he didn't prescribe it to anyone--the professionals do that and those that do, have reported results using it along with other medications. 

I wonder one thing, if he had said that the remedy for the covid was to jump from a bridge, how many people would have followed his advice?

I ask this question because I have the impression that sometimes we take these words as if he were the savior of humanity

He said that the cure for covid was this medicine, so a lot of people left to buy it when they put their health at stake as much as taking this medicine if it is not controlled by doctors than having the covid :angel:

From time to time, I think he should do like children, turn his tongue 10 times in his mouth before speaking, that would avoid embarrassing the real professionals who are really fighting this virus,  and it would also be nice if he stopped trying to find culprits other than him in this crisis management

I am not a democrat or a republican, I'm not left or right, I'm not even a big fan of politics , in case it itches some people to make us this comparison which makes no sense to me

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I wonder one thing, if he had said that the remedy for the covid was to jump from a bridge, how many people would have followed his advice?

I ask this question because I have the impression that sometimes we take these words as if he were the savior of humanity

He said that the cure for covid was this medicine, so a lot of people left to buy it when they put their health at stake as much as taking this medicine if it is not controlled by doctors than having the covid :angel:

From time to time, I think he should do like children, turn his tongue 10 times in his mouth before speaking, that would avoid embarrassing the real professionals who are really fighting this virus,  and it would also be nice if he stopped trying to find culprits other than him in this crisis management

I am not a democrat or a republican, I'm not left or right, I'm not even a big fan of politics , in case it itches some people to make us this comparison which makes no sense to me

Hey Moos, how are you making out with this whole messy situation?  To answer your first question. he didnt say to jump off a bridge, and I suppose there would be a few idiots who would. He did say if you and your doctor think it could help, listen to you're doctor. Doctors around the world are saying they're getting some positive results. No one said  , I'm going to call it HC for short. No one said that HC, or  any other medication was a cure for covid. Amd You cant just :leave your house" and get some. You need to talk to a doctor and get a script to get it. If my Mom was dying from complications from covid, I would plead for my doctor to get some HC. I'm not sure where you get your info from, but it's mostly incorrect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

I'm not trusting Trump on this, I'm trusting the work of doctors who have been treating patients with hydroxychloroquine; and the statements of patients who have been cured with  the drug. That's also what Trump was doing.

2 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

I'm not trusting Trump on this, I'm trusting the work of doctors who have been treating patients with hydroxychloroquine; and the statements of patients who have been cured with  the drug. That's also what Trump was doing.

Do you know why medical studies are ideally conducted in a double-blind procedure?

1 minute ago, Alladino said:

Do you know why medical studies are ideally conducted in a double-blind procedure?

I know all about double blind studies. I also know that it takes much time to conduct those studies. People need treatment right now. Hydroxychloroquine has been proven to be a safe drug for fifty five years. 

• Upvote 1

Two years from now I can see the government bureaucrat Dr. Fauci proclaiming our clinical studies have determined hydroxychloroquine in combination with other drugs is an effective treatment for covid-19. What good does that do the people who died from covid-19 in 2020? :cry:

Just now, Ridgerunner said:

I know all about double blind studies. I also know that it takes much time to conduct those studies. People need treatment right now. Hydroxychloroquine has been proven to be a safe drug for fifty five years. 

The important thing is that not all participants need treatment. It may be that for people with mild syntoms, the danger from the drug is greater than the disease itself. 

Of course, when things become critical and no other option is available, alternatives will be used. But this already happens world wide without Trump needed so say a word about it. I do not understand why these decisions cannot be left to the experts. Why does Trump have to get involved in these things?  

• Like 3