Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

2 hours ago, letsdothis said:

This is what the FDA did. This is from the article I posted just above.

"The Food and Drug Administration has not approved hydroxychloroquine as a COVID-19 treatment, but the agency has provided an emergency use authorization for the anti-malarial drugs to be used in clinical trials or for hospitalized patients when a doctor deems it appropriate.

“We have not taken a stance, nor are we, on whether doctors should prescribe it,” FDA Commissioner Dr Stephen Hahn told Fox News last week. “We’re providing facts and information about the risks and benefits, but that really is and should be a doctor-patient decision.”

I didn't say they approved it for use, I said they "okayed" the use of it for treatment . 

• Like 1

The lawyers are still at the bargaining tables with the healthcare workers and the government about who is going to pay the survivors of the person that died for using them as a guinea pig.

Follow the money folks. It's all about the money! You all should know that by now. It's all part of the 'blame game'. 

55 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

So why won't the establishment and the news media not take seriously the positive results numerous doctors have been having with hydroxychloroquine?  I also don't think it is funny when "Morning Joe" and his idiot wife on MSNBC accuse President Trump of touting the drug because Trump wants to personally make money off it. :angry:

This bullshit about Trump versus establishment  really pisses me off. 

Trump, even as president of the USA, is in no way able to evaluate the effectiveness or usefulness of a drug. That's what experts do. There is no reason for a politician to advocate the use of a drug. That is what doctors do and they rely on the recommendations of experts. 

The task of the news channels is to report on all this. Including the unprofessional conduct of Trump. 

What makes me so angry about Trump's approach is that it will lead to people asking for medication they do not need. It is the task of the doctor to prescribe medication. Trump should have just kept his mouth shut here. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

So why won't the establishment and the news media not take seriously the positive results numerous doctors have been having with hydroxychloroquine?  I also don't think it is funny when "Morning Joe" and his idiot wife on MSNBC accuse President Trump of touting the drug because Trump wants to personally make money off it. :angry:

I'm afraid I can't answer your first question. That would have to come
from the media or the establishment. As for your second question,
you REALLY don't want to get me going on the person claiming to be
the leader of this country. I'm not going there.

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I didn't say they approved it for use, I said they "okayed" the use of it for treatment . 

That's pure semantics. They explicitely stated they did not approve/okay
(means the same thing) hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19.
They only provided an emergency use authorization for the drug.

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

That's pure semantics. They explicitely stated they did not approve/okay
(means the same thing) hydroxychloroquine as a treatment for COVID-19.
They only provided an emergency use authorization for the drug.

Agree. Chloroquine and also Remdesivir should only be used in very serious cases as last method. And it should be doctors deciding about it and not politicians.

I know three people who had it. Two of them recovered at home and the other one was in hospital for seven days. He got treated with Remdesivir to prevent permanent damage of the lungs. But only because the doctors said it is necessary to use it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I'm fine. Nothing has really changed that much. Since I'm retired, I spend most of my time at home anyway. Just miss going out to eat once or twice per week. Biggest problem is that I haven't been able to see my girlfriend for about a month now. We agreed to stay apart until it is safe to be together.

So not only are you staying safe you're practicing safe sex as well eh, good lad lol . ...... keep well eh 👍

5 hours ago, Alladino said:

This bullshit about Trump versus establishment  really pisses me off. 

Trump, even as president of the USA, is in no way able to evaluate the effectiveness or usefulness of a drug. That's what experts do. There is no reason for a politician to advocate the use of a drug. That is what doctors do and they rely on the recommendations of experts. 

The task of the news channels is to report on all this. Including the unprofessional conduct of Trump. 

What makes me so angry about Trump's approach is that it will lead to people asking for medication they do not need. It is the task of the doctor to prescribe medication. Trump should have just kept his mouth shut here. 

And who are the "experts"?  

4 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

Agree. Chloroquine and also Remdesivir should only be used in very serious cases as last method. And it should be doctors deciding about it and not politicians.

I know three people who had it. Two of them recovered at home and the other one was in hospital for seven days. He got treated with Remdesivir to prevent permanent damage of the lungs. But only because the doctors said it is necessary to use it. 

But there are doctors in the U.S. who have been using hydroxychloroquine combined with antibiotics in the early stages of the disease and have had success in curing the disease. In fact, they say the earlier the treatment is started the higher the success rate.

Why is Gov. Andrew Cuomo considered to be such a big hero by the news media and Democrats when his state has 40% of all U.S. deaths from the coronavirus?   That sounds like failure to me. He talks a big game, but is short on real results.   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

And who are the "experts"?  

The "experts" are of course the news media who do nothing wrong, always have the correct information, always report the truth and always  report their own unprofessional conduct.

• Like 1

There was a time when the establishment medical "experts" believed that "bleeding" a patient was the proper way to treat disease.  There was also a time when so called establishment "experts" stated as fact that the earth was flat, and those who dared to say that it was a sphere were considered to be kooks. 

• Like 1