Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

6 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I don't know, but should we take the risk of poisoning people who could perhaps get by without this treatment which has not yet proven itself, it would be a shame if the treatment did more dead as the virus itself because we didn't want to wait for the results of experiments

Yes, let's wait for bureaucrats to complete their studies, so that we can then give the drug to dead people.

2 minutes ago, happyone said:

Idiots die every day. 

certainly he won't be the first nor the last, but maybe by this time if he would still be alive if he hadn't had such information, or maybe he would have done it anyway this mistake
I'm not saying that the error comes from Trump, I'm just saying that he should let the doctors do their job and not announce things too quickly
He did it again with remarks aimed at the WHO before having to retract publicly regarding his remarks

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I don't know, but should we take the risk of poisoning people who could perhaps get by without this treatment which has not yet proven itself, it would be a shame if the treatment did more dead as the virus itself because we didn't want to wait for the results of experiments

From what I have been able to read, that is not the case--for those who were administered it along with other medications, few died (but would probably have died from the virus anyway) but many did not---

15 minutes ago, moos54 said:

Perhaps the right measure that should have been adopted was that to ban the gathering of the springbreak because apparently everything started from this event :angel:

Or maybe the Democrat governor of Louisiana and the Democrat mayor of New Orleans should have cancelled Mardi Gras which took place in late February? Why do you and the news media never say anything about that?  

4 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Yes, let's wait for bureaucrats to complete their studies, so that we can then give the drug to dead people.

the study is still in progress across all countries, we will not have these statistics for some time unfortunately
People will continue to die, that's for sure

1 minute ago, happyone said:

From what I have been able to read, that is not the case--for those who were administered it along with other medications, few died (but would probably have died from the virus anyway) but many did not---

The problem is that for the moment, no one can say whether these people are better with this drug or if they are better because they are simply recovering.
It is not because you have this virus that you are condemned, a large part of the people survive
This is why we really have to be certain that this medicine can be a miracle product, because if it is not the case, it will be a massacre anyway.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, moos54 said:

certainly he won't be the first nor the last, but maybe by this time if he would still be alive if he hadn't had such information, or maybe he would have done it anyway this mistake
I'm not saying that the error comes from Trump, I'm just saying that he should let the doctors do their job and not announce things too quickly
He did it again with remarks aimed at the WHO before having to retract publicly regarding his remarks

So in that same vein of thought, Dr Fauci should have kept his mouth shut and not announce too quickly that 100,000 people in the USA will die from this virus according to his models--

Turns out to be not true.

10 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Or maybe the Democrat governor of Louisiana and the Democrat mayor of New Orleans should have cancelled Mardi Gras which took place in late February? Why do you and the news media never say anything about that?  

I base myself on the statistics and the interactive map of modeling of this virus in your country, apparently the main part of the infection started from the event that I mentioned to you
The problem is that this event took place when it was already very complicated in Europe

In Europe, the problem was apparently football matches which helped spread the virus faster.
Without this kind of gathering with a lot of people, maybe the virus would have had a lesser spread

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, happyone said:

So in that same vein of thought, Dr Fauci should have kept his mouth shut and not announce too quickly that 100,000 people in the USA will die from this virus according to his models--

Turns out to be not true.

In this kind of situation it is better to give the worst scenario and modified this one by saying that ultimately it will be less worse, it is less scary in the end

But I think it is quite difficult to make this kind of statistics because this virus is unpredictable
People die without any health problems, others die from health problems and others have no symptoms

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, moos54 said:

the study is still in progress across all countries, we will not have these statistics for some time unfortunately
People will continue to die, that's for sure

The problem is that for the moment, no one can say whether these people are better with this drug or if they are better because they are simply recovering.
It is not because you have this virus that you are condemned, a large part of the people survive
This is why we really have to be certain that this medicine can be a miracle product, because if it is not the case, it will be a massacre anyway.

As far as I am concerned, all of the people working to find a cure can keep collecting all the data they want as it might help in the future,

Doctors, I would hope,  at the present are not just randomly prescribing drugs to see if they might work, but they are prescribing them to patients whose life is in jeopardy. 

And for the moment, If I were a person in ICU seriously ill and the prognosis was not good or my health was declining, I would want the doctors to try that drug or combo to try and save my life.

We just passed a law in the USA called "the right to try"--Jan 14, 2020 - The Right to Try Act permits/allows eligible patients to have access to eligible investigational drugs. An eligible patient is a patient who has: Been diagnosed with a life-threatening disease or condition.

6 minutes ago, happyone said:

As far as I am concerned, all of the people working to find a cure can keep collecting all the data they want as it might help in the future,

Doctors, I would hope,  at the present are not just randomly prescribing drugs to see if they might work, but they are prescribing them to patients whose life is in jeopardy. 

And for the moment, If I were a person in ICU seriously ill and the prognosis was not good or my health was declining, I would want the doctors to try that drug or combo to try and save my life.

We just passed a law in the USA called "the right to try"--Jan 14, 2020 - The Right to Try Act permits/allows eligible patients to have access to eligible investigational drugs. An eligible patient is a patient who has: Been diagnosed with a life-threatening disease or condition.

I really hope that Professor Raoult, who is the person who discovered this treatment is not mistaken about this one, but it still appeals to me that it is so questionable within the profession

Knowing that they take the oath to do everything necessary to save lives, I doubt that they would prefer to count the dead if they had the quick fix

however, normally this medication should be taken at the start of the illness, not at the end

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Right now the only drug that saves lives is me staying at home
this one works like miracles

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I really hope that Professor Raoult, who is the person who discovered this treatment is not mistaken about this one, but it still appeals to me that it is so questionable within the profession

Knowing that they take the oath to do everything necessary to save lives, I doubt that they would prefer to count the dead if they had the quick fix

however, normally this medication should be taken at the start of the illness, not at the end

That is true for any illness and is just common sense.  It is always better to diagnose and treat an illness in its early stages as we have been taught by our medical professionals