Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

10 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well maybe the crisis will have at least one good thing and Trump won't be re-elected. The problem is his opponent is Joe Biden... 🙈

I made the same mistake, but I think we should really discuss the USA election in the USA thread. 

This thread is a good place to discuss Covid-19.

Vor 20 Minuten sagte jabbath1987:

Nun, vielleicht hat die Krise mindestens eine gute Sache und Trump wird nicht wiedergewählt. Das Problem ist, dass sein Gegner Joe Biden ist ...  🙈

Die Idee ist gut - - - an die sachliche Intelligenz von Amerikanern glaube ich lange nicht mehr. Bei denen geht es nur um Geld und Gewinn-

wie dumm Kandidaten sind ist Nebensache. Die USA denken 150 Jahre zurück und jagen im Geiste immer noch Indianer und Büffel !!

Sind das wirklich Partner für die EU ??? Ich habe Zweifel.  Die USA wollen nun Corona besiegen ? Ich wünsche ihnen viel Glück - bei einem

medizinischen unsozialen kapitalistischen Gesundheits-System wie vor 100 Jahren. Wir werden die vielen vielen Toten zählen.

4 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I made the same mistake, but I think we should really discuss the USA election in the USA thread. 

Sorry. You are right. Back to topic. Seems numbers of new infections in many European countries are going back...

42 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well maybe the crisis will have at least one good thing and Trump won't be re-elected. The problem is his opponent is Joe Biden ...  🙈

If Joe Biden can ever figure out which office he is running for or where he is. :tongue: 

54 minutes ago, Alladino said:

For once I agree with you.

Keep the fucking politics out of this thread and move them to the other political threads. 

• Like 2

Just more facts for all to ponder: One Nation Under God, supposed to be indivisible, but that is not the case is it ?

Here’s the real timeline of what happened (all of this BEFORE we had even one death in the US):

1/6 CDC issues travel advisory for Wuhan.
1/11 CDC tweets about corona related “pneumonia outbreak in China”
1/14 WHO tweets that there is no evidence of human to human transmission.
1/17 CDC started doing health screenings at 3 airports of travelers from China.
1/21 first case in US for someone who traveled directly from Wuhan.
1/23 WHO again says no human to human transmission outside of China.
1/27 WHO raises alert level but is still saying China has it contained.
1/28 CDC states “ While CDC considers covid a serious situation and is taking preparedness measures, the immediate risk in the US is considered low.”
1/29 White House announces Coronavirus Task Force created Note - this is despite the WHO downplaying the threat!
1/31 Trump bans travel from China.

Media and multiple Democrats slam President Trump's decision calling it racist/xenophobic.

2/5 Trump acquitted (impeachment).

Chuck Schumer in a tweet continues to call Trumps’ travel ban from China “premature and racist"

2/7 White House’s Coronavirus Task Force gives press briefing.
2/9 White House Coronavirus Task Force meets with all governors regarding virus.
2/12 CDC waiting for approval from Chinese for CDC team to travel to China.
2/18 HHS announces partnership to develop vaccine.
2/21 Italy identifies its very first case in their country.
2/21 CDC tweets that it is working with States for preparedness.
2/24 Trump sent letter to Congress asking for $25B for virus effort.

Nancy Pelosi made a stop in Chinatown and encouraged people to “please come and visit and enjoy Chinatown.”

2/25 there is still no reported community spread in the US!!! (Per CDC tweet.)
2/27 first community transmission in US.
2/27 Trump appoints Pence to coordinate efforts.
2/29 FIRST reported Covid19 death in US.
3/4 democrats slam the president for "not doing enough fast enough

It is helpful to look at the actual timeline. All of this happened BEFORE the 1st death in US.

I got most of this info from CDC tweets so anyone can look it up to check for accuracy. There were many more actions in between, I just took some highlights.

• Thanks 1