How about a 30-second break from the virus and politics? This may be
the longest marine creature on Earth. It's called a siphonophore — a
colony of cells that clone themselves to produce an extended, stringlike
body — spotted off the coast of Western Australia. It was estimated at
150 feet (45.72 m) long.

This Might Be the Longest Creature Ever Seen in the Ocean

• Upvote 1

Il y a 6 heures, Thestarider a dit :

Just more facts for all to ponder: One Nation Under God, supposed to be indivisible, but that is not the case is it ?

Here’s the real timeline of what happened (all of this BEFORE we had even one death in the US):

1/6 CDC issues travel advisory for Wuhan.
1/11 CDC tweets about corona related “pneumonia outbreak in China”
1/14 WHO tweets that there is no evidence of human to human transmission.
1/17 CDC started doing health screenings at 3 airports of travelers from China.
1/21 first case in US for someone who traveled directly from Wuhan. <--- not 21st but 20th (see source here)
1/23 WHO again says no human to human transmission outside of China.
1/27 WHO raises alert level but is still saying China has it contained.
1/28 CDC states “ While CDC considers covid a serious situation and is taking preparedness measures, the immediate risk in the US is considered low.”
1/29 White House announces Coronavirus Task Force created Note - this is despite the WHO downplaying the threat!
1/31 Trump bans travel from China.

Media and multiple Democrats slam President Trump's decision calling it racist/xenophobic.

2/5 Trump acquitted (impeachment).

Chuck Schumer in a tweet continues to call Trumps’ travel ban from China “premature and racist"

2/7 White House’s Coronavirus Task Force gives press briefing.
2/9 White House Coronavirus Task Force meets with all governors regarding virus.
2/12 CDC waiting for approval from Chinese for CDC team to travel to China.
2/18 HHS announces partnership to develop vaccine.
2/21 Italy identifies its very first case in their country.
2/21 CDC tweets that it is working with States for preparedness.
2/24 Trump sent letter to Congress asking for $25B for virus effort.

Nancy Pelosi made a stop in Chinatown and encouraged people to “please come and visit and enjoy Chinatown.”

2/25 there is still no reported community spread in the US!!! (Per CDC tweet.)
2/27 first community transmission in US.
2/27 Trump appoints Pence to coordinate efforts.
2/29 FIRST reported Covid19 death in US.
3/4 democrats slam the president for "not doing enough fast enough

It is helpful to look at the actual timeline. All of this happened BEFORE the 1st death in US.

I got most of this info from CDC tweets so anyone can look it up to check for accuracy. There were many more actions in between, I just took some highlights.

Timeline of Trump's responses to the virus outbreak from Jan 22nd with sources quoted - Reddit

The organization who did this timeline (listed by the mod) conveniently removed anything which may look Trump look bad & 'unwillingly' highlighted Democrats' reactions to Trump's 'fantastic' decision-making 😏

The first known case was confirmed in Washington on the Jan 20th but it took only just 9 days (clap* clap*) for Trump to set up this task force to tackle the virus threat.

And what he said from Jan 20th to Jan 29th?

January 22: When asked if there are worries about a pandemic, Trump responded: "No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." [ABC News]

January 24: "China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well." [via Twitter]

And what he said after Jan 29th?

January 30: "We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully." [Politico]

January 31: “We pretty much shut it down coming in from China.” [NYT]

February 10: "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away." [C-SPAN]

February 19: "I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along." [NYT]

February 23: "We have it very much under control." [via Press Briefing]

February 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!" [via Twitter]

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.” [via Twitter]

February 26: “When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” [via Press Briefing]

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.” [via Press Briefing]

February 26: "We're at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list so that we're going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time." [via Press Briefing]

February 26: "You know in many cases when you catch this it is very light — you don’t even know there’s a problem. Sometimes they just get the sniffles, sometimes they just get something where they are not feeling quite right and sometimes they feel really bad but that’s a little bit like the flu. It’s a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for and we will essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner." [via Press Briefing]

February 26: "This is a flu. This is like a flu." [via Press Briefing] <--- This is more than a flu & already debunked by people working in the Task Force & the Director of NIAID on Jan 23rd (see link) and this dimwit still tell the country of this nonsense!

February 27: "We're rapidly developing a vaccine. The vaccine is coming along well, and in speaking to the doctors we think this is something that we can develop fairly rapidly." [NBC News]

February 27: "It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear." [ABC News]

February 27: "The flu in our country kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people, and they're recovering, one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover. But the others are in great shape." [via Press Briefing]

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.” [via Press Briefing]

February 28: "The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. ... They tried the impeachment hoax. ... And this is their new hoax." [C-SPAN]

Don't worry, I will spare you guys from reading more of this dimwit's nonsense after February 2020 but you can still read them from the Reddit link above.

To my Americans camcapers here, if you want to be socially responsible & truly be useful to your nation's fight against this virus, YOU WILL DO WELL TO IGNORE ANYTHING SPOKEN BY DONALD TRUMP ABOUT THE VIRUS.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SierraTM said:

Timeline of Trump's responses to the virus outbreak from Jan 22nd with sources quoted - Reddit

The organization who did this timeline (listed by the mod) conveniently removed anything which may look Trump look bad & 'unwillingly' highlighted Democrats' reactions to Trump's 'fantastic' decision-making 😏

The first known case was confirmed in Washington on the Jan 20th but it took only just 9 days (clap* clap*) for Trump to set up this task force to tackle the virus threat.

January 22: When asked if there are worries about a pandemic, Trump responded: "No. Not at all. And we have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China, and we have it under control. It’s going to be just fine." [ABC News]

January 24: "China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well." [via Twitter]

January 30: "We have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully." [Politico]

February 10: "Looks like by April, you know, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away." [C-SPAN]

February 19: "I think the numbers are going to get progressively better as we go along." [NYT]

February 24: "The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA… Stock Market starting to look very good to me!" [via Twitter]

February 25: “CDC and my Administration are doing a GREAT job of handling Coronavirus.” [via Twitter]

February 26: “When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.” [via Press Briefing]

February 26: “We're going very substantially down, not up.” [via Press Briefing]

February 26: "We're at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list so that we're going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time." [via Press Briefing]

February 26: "You know in many cases when you catch this it is very light — you don’t even know there’s a problem. Sometimes they just get the sniffles, sometimes they just get something where they are not feeling quite right and sometimes they feel really bad but that’s a little bit like the flu. It’s a little like the regular flu that we have flu shots for and we will essentially have a flu shot for this in a fairly quick manner." [via Press Briefing]

February 26: "This is a flu. This is like a flu." [via Press Briefing] <--- This is more than a flu & already debunked by people working in the Task Force & the Director of NIAID on Jan 23rd (see link) and this dimwit still tell the country of this nonsense!

February 27: "We're rapidly developing a vaccine. The vaccine is coming along well, and in speaking to the doctors we think this is something that we can develop fairly rapidly." [NBC News]

February 27: "It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear." [ABC News]

February 27: "The flu in our country kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people, and they're recovering, one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover. But the others are in great shape." [via Press Briefing]

February 28: “We're ordering a lot of supplies. We're ordering a lot of, uh, elements that frankly we wouldn't be ordering unless it was something like this. But we're ordering a lot of different elements of medical.” [via Press Briefing]

February 28: "The Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus. ... They tried the impeachment hoax. ... And this is their new hoax." [C-SPAN]

Don't worry, I will spare you guys from reading more of this dimwit's nonsense after February 2020 but you can still read them from the Reddit link above.

To my Americans camcapers here, if you want to be socially responsible & truly be useful to your nation's fight against this virus, YOU WILL DO WELL TO IGNORE ANYTHING SPOKEN BY DONALD TRUMP ABOUT THE VIRUS.

DONALD WHO?(oh fuck his second name isn't World Health Organisation)😀

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SierraTM said:

Interesting that you use the political response but do not list the Center for Disease Control's response, or even the World Heath Organization response to the corona virus, which are both non political organizations funded mostly by the US taxpayers. Why in the hell would I watch President Trump anyway? He didn't create this virus, China and Communistic Government of China created this problem for the world, and now it appears they have covered up the truth, and the Governor of the State I live in issues all the guidelines I have to follow, not the President or the federal government. I most certainly don't pay any attention to the career politicians like Pelosi and Schumer or even McConnell for the facts and to tell the people the truth.

The beginning of the post: Just more facts for all to ponder: One Nation Under God, supposed to be indivisible, but that is not the case is it ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I most certainly don't pay any attention to the career politicians like Pelosi and Schumer or even McConnell for the facts and to tell the people the truth.

But, one thing is certain, you definitely won't get the facts from Trump.

• Like 3

Just now, letsdothis said:

But, one thing is certain, you definitely won't get the facts from Trump.

You will never get the truth from any politician. The facts actually come from the response team, not President Trump who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

You will never get the truth from any politician. The facts actually come from the response team, not President Trump who wears his emotions on his sleeve.

I agree, but you have to admit, when it comes to lying, hiding the facts
and the truth, blaming others, etc., Trump takes the cake/biscuit. I don't
see, however, any emotions on his sleeve, so to speak. He's one of the
most compassion-less, unsympathetic, thoughtless, uncaring, shallow,
remorseless people I've ever known to exist. He's the textbook definition
of a sociopath.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

I agree, but you have to admit, when it comes to lying, hiding the facts
and the truth, blaming others, etc., Trump takes the cake/biscuit. I don't
see, however, any emotions on his sleeve, so to speak. He's one of the
most compassion-less, unsympathetic, thoughtless, uncaring, shallow,
remorseless people I've ever known to exist. He's the textbook definition
of a sociopath.

Hi Let's,is there anything wrong with Personal Messenger or is it me being dumb again?

• Like 2