Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #3

8 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

He has called this virus the China virus, and the Wuhan virus, he has defunded the WHO for 90 days pending investigation into the corruption of the WHO, and it's connection and protection of China, He has launched an investigation into the Chinese government cover up of the virus, and he also launched an investigation into the Wuhan Institute of Virology biolab. 

Is there something else you would like him to hold China accountable for ?

Starider, you're talking to the wrong person.

I got interested in this virus because of the worldwide implications.
Through investigating the virus, I learned what Trump was not doing
for weeks and weeks and I got even angrier at him. Don't get me
wrong, I wanted him impeached and removed from office long before
he was impeached. Before that, I am not political, I don't keep up with
current events, but I'm an information junkie and a quick study.

But, you're asking the wrong person for an answer to that question. I
don't even have a desire to research the answer to that question. I
just want him GONE! FOREVER!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Other presidents would have held China accountable? Barack Obama gave China $3.7 million for the lab in Wuhan that the virus most likely came from. 

You need to read more carefully. I was replying to Starider's remarks
about Kennedy and Reagan. Maybe you should start with his post.

36 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

No. You selected just a portion of the statement that coincided with your agenda. Just like the media does. 

To condense and transmit the essential Information is ultimately the task of the media. The interpretation of events and even the expression of opinions is also part of it. 

I believe more and more that the critical voices towards the media are partly connected with the unwillingness to accept the news. Consider this thread as an example. People like @Ridgerunner intentionally ignore certain information. They want a strong economy, so they like to believe in a miracle cure of Covid-19. News that says otherwise is talked down and dismissed as an anti-Trump propaganda. Unconfirmed assumptions, if they fit into one's own perception, are reinforced and spread.     

We all want to get over this issue as soon as possible and that life becomes normal again. Only the quickest way is not to take shelter in a fantasy idea. Instead of ignore the issue we have to accept the challenge and manage it. Currently there is no miracle cure. This does not mean, however, that the economy cannot start again. It only means that there will still be restrictions and that smart ideas are needed on how to be still successful in this Situation. 

• Like 4

Here in So California the highest uv index for April 25 will be 9.9-that is high enough to kill all of the coronavirus pathogens in the air. 😏 (unless it decides to Wear SPF 30+ sunscreen, a shirt, sunglasses, and a hat.)

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Alladino said:

To condense and transmit the essential Information is ultimately the task of the media. The interpretation of events and even the expression of opinions is also part of it. 

I believe more and more that the critical voices towards the media are partly connected with the unwillingness to accept the news. Consider this thread as an example. People like @Ridgerunner intentionally ignore certain information. They want a strong economy, so they like to believe in a miracle cure of Covid-19. News that says otherwise is talked down and dismissed as an anti-Trump propaganda. Unconfirmed assumptions, if they fit into one's own perception, are reinforced and spread.     

We all want to get over this issue as soon as possible and that life becomes normal again. Only the quickest way is not to take shelter in a fantasy idea. Instead of ignore the issue we have to accept the challenge and manage it. Currently there is no miracle cure. This does not mean, however, that the economy cannot start again. It only means that there will still be restrictions and that smart ideas are needed on how to be still successful in this Situation. 

No, the job of the news media is to present unbiased factual news. Interpretation of events and opinions is the the job of op-ed writers in newspapers and opinion commentators on tv, not news reporters. In very many instances today news is not reported on, it is created by so called "news reporters".  Journalism schools in America fucked up when they decided a news reporter's job was "to make a difference in the world" rather than to just factually report the news. 

1 hour ago, happyone said:

Here is So California the highest uv indexfor April 25 will be 9.9-that is high enough to kill all of the coronavirus pathogens in the air. 😏 (unless it decides to Wear SPF 30+ sunscreen, a shirt, sunglasses, and a hat.)

Apparently, a large portion of the California population has already been infected and recovered from the coronavirus. Appears the virus has been on the West Coast for much longer than what officials previously thought.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

No, the job of the news media is to present unbiased factual news. Interpretation of events and opinions is the the job of op-ed writers in newspapers and opinion commentators on tv, not news reporters. In very many instances today news is not reported on, it is created by so called "news reporters".  Journalism schools in America fucked up when they decided a news reporter's job was "to make a difference in the world" rather than to just factually report the news. 

I do not agree with you. Anway, Let's stick with the subject of Covid-19. 

• Like 2