Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

39 minutes ago, happyone said:

Dave, COVID has no power to close businesses.  All it can do is make people sick,  The only thing that closed down business and the economy was the government leaders, who were persuaded by the "scientific community" to quarantine everyone. Now that it did happen, the leaders, some scientists, and especially the media continue the fear campaign to scare everyone into submission. 

WWW.TEXASTRIBUNE.ORG

As coronavirus caseloads soar across Texas, hospitals are seeing a surge of new patients. But getting information on which hospitals are hardest hit is nearly impossible.

The sand is pretty deep in some parts of the US these  days.  :dodgy:

Hospital officials in Houston and other parts of the state recently warned that hospitals could get overwhelmed if the number of infections keeps climbing. Statewide, 6,904 patients in Texas were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Wednesday — a figure that has been going up nearly every day since June 1.

Just now, maxfactor said:

WWW.TEXASTRIBUNE.ORG

As coronavirus caseloads soar across Texas, hospitals are seeing a surge of new patients. But getting information on which hospitals are hardest hit is nearly impossible.

The sand is pretty deep in some parts of the US these  days.  :dodgy:

Hospital officials in Houston and other parts of the state recently warned that hospitals could get overwhelmed if the number of infections keeps climbing. Statewide, 6,904 patients in Texas were hospitalized with COVID-19 on Wednesday — a figure that has been going up nearly every day since June 1.

I do not deny that there is an uptick in the number of infections and in some areas hospitalizations. IMO there is a correlation between unsafe personal practices--ie masks and social distancing.  The new infections, according to reports,

are from the new strain G614 which is more infectious and spreads more rapidly than the previous D614, but it is not making people any sicker than before.   

3 hours ago, happyone said:

Dave, COVID has no power to close businesses.  All it can do is make people sick,  The only thing that closed down business and the economy was the government leaders, who were persuaded by the "scientific community" to quarantine everyone. Now that it did happen, the leaders, some scientists, and especially the media continue the fear campaign to scare everyone into submission. 

Hi happy,you're making this political pal!!!.The UK and Devolved governments here closed down business on purely health grounds to slow the spread of the virus with the result the economy has suffered.There was no fear factor,threats or coercion it was simply the right and correct thing to do.The vast majority of the British public see the measures taken here as the only way to beat this.Trust me there is nobody in the UK"scared into submission".Correct me if I'm wrong but what I see in the USA is state governors adopting different methods of dealing with covid,some strict,some not so much so all over the country your not singing of the same song sheet whereas the UK has adopted the one method of dealing with covid which to me is more efficient.You maybe have issues with the way your government has reacted but we are pretty much behind ours and any conflicts or complaints are minor.At the moment the UK is slowly getting back to a "new" normal albeit slowly.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi happy,you're making this political pal!!!.The UK and Devolved governments here closed down business on purely health grounds to slow the spread of the virus with the result the economy has suffered.There was no fear factor,threats or coercion it was simply the right and correct thing to do.The vast majority of the British public see the measures taken here as the only way to beat this.Trust me there is nobody in the UK"scared into submission".Correct me if I'm wrong but what I see in the USA is state governors adopting different methods of dealing with covid,some strict,some not so much so all over the country your not singing of the same song sheet whereas the UK has adopted the one method of dealing with covid which to me is more efficient.You maybe have issues with the way your government has reacted but we are pretty much behind ours and any conflicts or complaints are minor.At the moment the UK is slowly getting back to a "new" normal albeit slowly.

As the title of the thread says "2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications".  In the USA, this has become a political football.    From what you indicate, it is was similar in the beginning to here in the USA, but our States. City, and County governments make their own decisions and a lot of us do not agree with some of the tactics that mostly Democrats are using saying protests are ok, but not attending funerals, church, or a political rally by President Trump for examples. . I was reacting to your posts and I was trying to clarify the reason for the closure of business, which was your original premise that COVID did it--not the government, which is a mischaracterization. If the UK is happy with the results of government action, then fine.

We are just living in different environments and scenarios and each giving their own life experience.  And that is OK with me---no animosity on my part.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, happyone said:

As the title of the thread says "2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications".  In the USA, this has become a political football.    From what you indicate, it is was similar in the beginning to here in the USA, but our States. City, and County governments make their own decisions and a lot of us do not agree with some of the tactics that mostly Democrats are using saying protests are ok, but not attending funerals, church, or a political rally by President Trump for examples. . I was reacting to your posts and I was trying to clarify the reason for the closure of business, which was your original premise that COVID did it--not the government, which is a mischaracterization. If the UK is happy with the results of government action, then fine.

We are just living in different environments and scenarios and each giving their own life experience.  And that is OK with me---no animosity on my part.  

Hi happy,I think when you look at how country's throughout the world depending on how they are governed of course are dealing with the pandemic throw's up all different scenarios,China for example"your in lockdown stick your head out the door and we'll shoot you"type thing but it gets the job done(f*** communism of course)just to clear that up😁However enough of that.

Re our conversation:For myself I read and follow a lot of you American guys comments because I can learn a lot about your politics,country and I'm a "people watcher",picking up on who are shall we say the sensible respectful ones on here and that is why I knew I could have our little"exchange'.Your a decent guy happy and I would in the future welcome any "swapping of opinions"😁but I prefer your wicked sense of humour👍.

P.S.The other day I received an e-mail telling me my holiday to Florida in Sept.has been cancelled.Margaret and I are gutted👎

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

Hi happy,I think when you look at how country's throughout the world depending on how they are governed of course are dealing with the pandemic throw's up all different scenarios,China for example"your in lockdown stick your head out the door and we'll shoot you"type thing but it gets the job done(f*** communism of course)just to clear that up😁However enough of that.

Re our conversation:For myself I read and follow a lot of you American guys comments because I can learn a lot about your politics,country and I'm a "people watcher",picking up on who are shall we say the sensible respectful ones on here and that is why I knew I could have our little"exchange'.Your a decent guy happy and I would in the future welcome any "swapping of opinions"😁but I prefer your wicked sense of humour👍.

P.S.The other day I received an e-mail telling me my holiday to Florida in Sept.has been cancelled.Margaret and I are gutted👎

To be honest pal anyone thinking of going on holiday this year at least needs their head examined. Not a risk i would take i must admit. Most of them go just to get burnt and pissed anyway :biggrin:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Robwin said:

To be honest pal anyone thinking of going on holiday this year at least needs their head examined. Not a risk i would take i must admit. Most of them go just to get burnt and pissed anyway :biggrin:

Hi Rob,your right of course but this holiday was booked last October.

We are actually thinking of visiting Somerset later on😁

What's that your saying,free digs,cheers pal😁👍

• Haha 1

Some may think that I am mean, but I have the impression that there is still some justice in the world because the president of Brazil has just been tested positive for covid19
I do not wish him death but on the other hand I would like him to be very sick so that he realizes what he is enduring to his people since the beginning of this pandemic

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, moos54 said:

Some may think that I am mean, but I have the impression that there is still some justice in the world because the president of Brazil has just been tested positive for covid19
I do not wish him death but on the other hand I would like him to be very sick so that he realizes what he is enduring to his people since the beginning of this pandemic

I know where you're coming from. He's an arrogent piece of shit. He'll be fine though coz I think he's taking Hydroxyquinoline...:dodgy:

• Haha 3

19 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I know where you're coming from. He's an arrogent piece of shit. He'll be fine though coz I think he's taking Hydroxyquinoline...:dodgy:

Hydroxyquinoline is used to lubricate and deodorize the vagina, and to prevent the growth of bacteria. 

Naga--you must know something most others do not know about him/her 😏

• Haha 4