Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

7 hours ago, Alladino said:

The tests are not 100% correct, that was clear from the beginning and is no surprise. Sure, this also means that some people with false positive results have to stay at home unnecessarily, but that is still proportionate.

If not 100% correct, then what percentage correct are they?   300 testing centers in Florida showed everyone tested at the centers were positive.

10 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

If not 100% correct, then what percentage correct are they?   300 testing centers in Florida showed everyone tested at the centers were positive.

To be honest, it's not that easy.

23 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

If you can't trust the results, then the tests are useless.:sad:

The most important thing is to find participants who are ill. It is better to have a certain percentage of false positives at home as than to have all the people walking around without know they have Covid-19. A large part of the cases is probably still not found, because a lot of people do not show any symptoms.

Ultimately, this is again a statistical problem. Just like with the masks. Nothing is 100%, but to avoid overburdening hospitals with Covid-19 and keep the death number low, it doesn't have to be perfect.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I just checked YouTube. The March interview with Dr. Fauci where he said there was no benefit for American citizens to wear face masks as protection from covid-19 is still on YouTube. Wonder why that misleading video has not been removed?:huh:

YouTube...nearly 5 months ago Ridge!...You need to get a life 😏

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

BREAKING NEWS!  ACCORDING TO THE AP THE GOVERNOR OF OHIO HAS JUST TESTED NEGATIVE FOR COVID-19 AFTER TESTING POSITIVE EARLIER TODAY.  LMAO   So how many of the recent positive tests in the U.S. are also bogus?  But the general public doesn't get second tests they are just forced to isolate for 14 days based upon the original positive diagnosis. :sad:   

Of course that might work the other way...Someone who tested negative originally might actually be positive it they were retested...just a thought 😏

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Keep the whole world economy shutdown forever?  That way we can survive coronavirus, but starve to death. lol

Hey Ridge...if I recall, you're a huge fan of Kami. Am I right? 

I really wish she'd come back to the project.

1. Because she's a very tidy boiler
  2. You'd talk about something else...😏
  • Haha 2