Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

2 hours ago, TBG 150 said:

Vaccinating any person incarcerated it a joke.

Better than letting them out like some judges in California have ordered because they might get infected with Covid in such close quarters.😏 That's the bigger joke.

On 12/21/2020 at 6:27 PM, Ridgerunner said:

If Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden had been president the U.S. would have a million people dead and no vaccine for at least five more years. And the news media would be praising the president( Hillary or Joe) for the great job they were doing in combating the virus.:dodgy:

Explain to us please where you get these fantasy numbers?  Trump's asshole?  You're a lying fuck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

I study history, and what's scary is that I completely agree with this guy:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2020/12/26/german-economist-great-reset-will-cause-a-crash-worse-than-1930s/

He may well be right but what is the answer? Everyone is quick to point out faults and where everybody else is going wrong but no one comes up with any solutions. Hindsight is a wonderful thing eh.

Regarding the lockdowns what should have been done then? Do nothing and let the virus rip through society? I don't know what the answer should have been, the trouble is no one else knows either until after the event and then everyone has all the answers. Typical eh.

3 minutes ago, Robwin said:

He may well be right but what is the answer? Everyone is quick to points out faults and where everybody else is going wrong but no one comes up with any solutions. 

Regarding the lockdowns what should have been done then? Do nothing and let the virus rip through society? I don't know what the answer should have been, the trouble is no one else knows either until after the event and then everyone has all the answers. Typical eh.

Yes, agree, especially since no one will know until after the event. By then it becomes worthy of historical studies -- we call it "Monday morning quarterbacking" where I live.

I think it would have been more helpful to quarantine the sick, the elderly, and those that have health problems, and keep them away from the healthy working young people. I know more people who are financially ruined and/or have serious unattended medical problems because of the shut down, than I do people who have contracted the virus. I'm in that first group on both accounts, incidentally, so I'm not talking selfishly. The collateral damage is already enormous. Worry not, however, I'm not in the growing suicide group.

I prefer to "Always look on the bright side of life." (Eric Idle reference, here.)

I agree the solutions are complex, but I have yet to see an "expert" who knows what they hell they're talking about, and I have yet to see a politician who is not taking political advantage of the situation. Hell, Pelosi even got millions for gender studies in Pakistan into her goddamn Covid bill. Nothing like giving every citizen a $600 paycheck that ultimately will cost those same individual citizens hundreds of thousands of dollars each to pay for. This situation certainly isn't any better anywhere else in the world, either. Except maybe China.

Thankfully, Orange Man delivered and the vaccine appears to be the best solution for help the natural herd immunity along its inevitable path.

• Like 2