US General Domestic Politics #10 Begin 10/29/20

13 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah everyone assumes many things but it doesn't make it true unless the whole thing is rigged but then that's another matter. It does make you ask why they think it to be true unless they know something others don't? The whole thing smacks of corruption but then that's another story and assumption.

Didn't you read what I wrote? It's just a logical conclusion not corruption...

9 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Didn't you read what I wrote? It's just a logical conclusion not corruption...

Yeah i read it but nothing logical about it just biased opinions. I'm neither for one or the other as couldn't give a shit really as not my problem but just saying no one would know what's in a sealed ballot paper unless.........but that's another story ::)

What I find so strange about the USA electoral system is how many votes simply have no effect. Biden got 3 million more votes than Trump and still Trump could win. For me, as a big believer in democracy, that is a very broken system. 

Then all the lawyers from Trump, who are now trying to stop counting votes. A very broken system.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Yeah i read it but nothing logical about it just biased opinions. I'm neither for one or the other as couldn't give a shit really as not my problem but just saying no one would know what's in a sealed ballot paper unless.........but that's another story ::)

Nah what I said is when Trump says to his supporters mail votes are bad it's logical not many of his supporters will use them. So they will be in favor for Biden. Nothing biased at all. 

And you talking about possible fraud here without having any evidence makes no sense at all. 

4 minutes ago, Alladino said:

What I find so strange about the USA electoral system is how many votes simply have no effect. Biden got 3 million more votes than Trump and still Trump could win. For me, as a big believer in democracy, that is a very broken system. 

Then all the lawyers from Trump, who are now trying to stop counting votes. A very broken system.

Funny thing when they stop counting now Biden won Michigan and Nevada and will have the 270 votes regardless what happens in Pennsylvania

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alladino said:

I think after this election it is high time that the USA rebuilds the existing electoral system, which is a total mess.

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

Nah what I said is when Trump says to his supporters mail votes are bad it's logical not many of his supporters will use them. So they will be in favor for Biden. Nothing biased at all. 

And you talking about possible fraud here without having any evidence makes no sense at all. 

there is exit polls for mail in ballots and they are very accurate. they all show Biden having a big lead. 

17 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

No evidence either way or anything logical over there. Never mentioned fraud your words not mine but think honesty is in short supply across the pond. But hey ho so welcome President Biden eh no doubt within a few years may be President Harris then America will have something to worry about ::)

42 minutes ago, Alladino said:

You do realize that the US is not ruled by a single government? Each State has it's on government, with the Federal government governing the Federation of States. The people of each State gets to vote for who represents them with their State's (notice the possessive here...) electoral college representative. How each State's electoral college representative votes (whether based on over all popular vote, a collection of counties, etc...) is up to those States to decide. But they don't get to decide for each other State. I.E. Texas doesn't get to decide for Ohio, California doesn't get to decide for Wisconsin, etc...

If it went by popular vote, the States with the most people would get to decide everything for the States with the least. The electoral college was put in place to avoid exactly that.

Also, the US is not exactly a democracy... we're a Constitutional Democratic Republic. Kind of a Republic hybrid. We have democratic processes (i.e. each person gets to vote for their representative), but the representative's vote are who decide who gets to be President.

Edited by Stormshaedow
fumble fingers
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1