Martina and Alberto - home activities #38

Noldus

2 hours ago, Kenpaul said:

Be very skeptical of Covid death reports. Does someone die because of Covid or with Covid?  There is a difference.  It seems that the government isn't our friend when it comes to Covid deaths, but an agent of fear. They never separate them out, no matter what country. Be wary, very wary.

Here in the US, it's been a running scandal that hospitals are counting ANY death regardless of cause as COVID if they were positive when they expired.  The theory is that they do this to get more government funding, because it's based on the infected fatality count.  I suspect the death numbers in the US are inflated due to that, however, I don't discount the severity of COVID, especially C19.D.  Many anti vaxxers claim it's no worse than the regular flu... ok, but how many people that you know, or people they know have died from the "regular" flu?  Can't say I know ANY in my 50 years on this earth, but I do now know quite a few who have passed from COVID, so that's proof enough for me that it's more serious.  That's all I'm contributing on this subject.  Moving on...

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Moosecini said:

Here in the US, it's been a running scandal that hospitals are counting ANY death regardless of cause as COVID if they were positive when they expired.  The theory is that they do this to get more government funding, because it's based on the infected fatality count.  I suspect the death numbers in the US are inflated due to that, however, I don't discount the severity of COVID, especially C19.D.  Many anti vaxxers claim it's no worse than the regular flu... ok, but how many people that you know, or people they know have died from the "regular" flu?  Can't say I know ANY in my 50 years on this earth, but I do now know quite a few who have passed from COVID, so that's proof enough for me that it's more serious.  That's all I'm contributing on this subject.  Moving on...

I've had 3 jabs which includes booster.  The thesis of my question what constitutes a Covid death, and one that dies with Covid present. How are those deaths calculated? I'm also US.

26 minutes ago, Moosecini said:

Just now, Kenpaul said:

I've had 3 jabs which includes booster.  The thesis of my question what constitutes a Covid death, and one that dies with Covid present. How are those deaths calculated? I'm also US.

Well, as I said, the conspiracy theory (apparently, there IS proof, and I certainly wouldn't reject this as being true based on the history of the US "system") is that regardless of the ACTUAL cause of death, if COVID is present in the body, then some (probably not all) hospitals count the death as COVID "related", which counts towards the tally of COVID deaths in the US.  I say, if you have preexisting respiratory issues, get COVID and die of complications, then I suppose that counts. However, if you say have COVID and do not have a foot already in the grave, yet die in a car accident, I say that had nothing to do with it.  That person was just an infected person who died in an unrelated way.  Imagine if all people that died who had colds (Rhinovirus) where considered "cold related deaths"... the numbers would be staggering!!

33 minutes ago, Keith Ramsay said:

in the UK most deaths in hospital are put down as covid related even if theyre not 

Yes...Cause of death, Covid, because they tested positive in the last 28 days...even though they've just walked out in front of a bus...😏

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, EMMETT111 said:

i feel the same way about the 1/3 or better of my countries people that wont get vaxxed then bitch about how the virus is still here and will do absolutely nothing to stop it out of a political point i hope those assholes get it 😀

The virus is not going anywhere Emmett.  It's here to stay regardless of who is or who isn't vaccinated.

3 hours ago, Kenpaul said:

Be very skeptical of Covid death reports. Does someone die because of Covid or with Covid?  There is a difference.  It seems that the government isn't our friend when it comes to Covid deaths, but an agent of fear. They never separate them out, no matter what country. Be wary, very wary.

Excellent post!!

1 hour ago, Moosecini said:

41 minutes ago, Kenpaul said:

Hope this helps ..

The protocols for recording the deaths of patients with covid-19 are not uniform, as a result of which comparable and therefore reliable data are not available in such a key field of the coronavirus epidemic.

Greece follows the protocol set from the beginning by the World Health Organization (WHO).  According to this, in the Register of covid deaths are registered all those who die in hospitals or at home and have been diagnosed positive in the coronavirus.  For example, a patient who was infected and hospitalized due to covid for weeks or even months in a clinic where he ended up, can be declared in the relevant register as "covid death".  In this result, of course, it is known and scientifically proven that the complications caused by covid disease or any underlying diseases of the patient play an important role, which is why they refer to the additional data of the fatal case.

In other countries the registration is done with different criteria, mainly chronologically.  In Britain, those who end up within 28 days of being diagnosed with coronavirus are registered as dead covid-19.  In fact, Mr. Zaoutis stated that the Covid Registry of Deaths in Greece would count fewer deaths, by 20% if the registration was based on the British death protocol.  This means that instead of the 17,005 dead covids that were included yesterday in the EODY report, Greece  would declare about 13,600 dead due to the coronavirus epidemic.

5 minutes ago, ddhm said:

Hope this helps ..

The protocols for recording the deaths of patients with covid-19 are not uniform, as a result of which comparable and therefore reliable data are not available in such a key field of the coronavirus epidemic.

Greece follows the protocol set from the beginning by the World Health Organization (WHO).  According to this, in the Register of covid deaths are registered all those who die in hospitals or at home and have been diagnosed positive in the coronavirus.  For example, a patient who was infected and hospitalized due to covid for weeks or even months in a clinic where he ended up, can be declared in the relevant register as "covid death".  In this result, of course, it is known and scientifically proven that the complications caused by covid disease or any underlying diseases of the patient play an important role, which is why they refer to the additional data of the fatal case.

In other countries the registration is done with different criteria, mainly chronologically.  In Britain, those who end up within 28 days of being diagnosed with coronavirus are registered as dead covid-19.  In fact, Mr. Zaoutis stated that the Covid Registry of Deaths in Greece would count fewer deaths, by 20% if the registration was based on the British death protocol.  This means that instead of the 17,005 dead covids that were included yesterday in the EODY report, Greece  would declare about 13,600 dead due to the coronavirus epidemic.

So in other words follow the science, when though the scientists/countries can't or won't agree on a standard definition of a Covid death. Why do I smell a combination of power and money? I must be paranoid(Black Sabbau).

• Upvote 1