Carla & Yanai (2023) #2

9 hours ago, moules said:

1.)  Unfortunately replay is no longer available for C&Y, so I cannot see how they left for their vacation on Sunday June 25.  Did they really go on vacation, or were they arrested off-cam?

They came out quietly and they had bags so they went out on vacation.

3 hours ago, Brokk! said:

They came out quietly and they had bags so they went out on vacation.

Thank you.

Very strange, given the timing of the police arrival the next morning, which was a Monday.  I doubt magistrate judges are sitting around on a Sunday waiting to review a police request for a search warrant to be carried out the next morning.

When this apartment was for sale, the phone number to call if you wanted to buy it was the number for a famous bar/cafe located in the same old quarter of Barcelona.  The business that was apparently on the same floor as B-6 had closed by 2019.

4 hours ago, moules said:

Thank you.

Very strange, given the timing of the police arrival the next morning, which was a Monday.  I doubt magistrate judges are sitting around on a Sunday waiting to review a police request for a search warrant to be carried out the next morning.

When this apartment was for sale, the phone number to call if you wanted to buy it was the number for a famous bar/cafe located in the same old quarter of Barcelona.  The business that was apparently on the same floor as B-6 had closed by 2019.

They left on Friday, the Police came on Monday

18 hours ago, moules said:

Of course I can.

1.)  Unfortunately replay is no longer available for C&Y, so I cannot see how they left for their vacation on Sunday June 25.  Did they really go on vacation, or were they arrested off-cam?

2.) If they were arrested on June 25, they could give consent to the search of the apartment.  The police showed up as I understand it at about 08:00AM on June 26, an hour typical if the police expect an apartment to be occupied by sleeping inhabitants..

3.) If C and Y were not arrested, under Spanish law as I understand it, consent for the search had to come from either RLC, or if RLC did not own the B-6 apartment, from the owner of the apartment.

4.) There is an exception to the requirement for consent, and that is when a 'flagrant crime' has occurred.  I am not about to look up definition of a 'flagrant crime', but I think it may be a crime where the police are in pursuit of a suspect.  For example, if a resident of this apartment had gone out into the street, stabbed someone, and then fled back to the apartment and locked it, the police would not need to go to a magistrate judge and obtain a search warrant before attempting to enter the apartment and arresting the suspect.  That would be my definition of a flagrant crime.

5.) Before the cameras went off, no one viewing the police search reported seeing dogs, who are often used when searching for contraband.

6.) So I still think the police were primarily interested in searching the space, about 25-30 square meters IIRC, that is not on cam, and which apparently has its own entrance.  Based on the nature of the business that once occupied that space, I believe this space would be quite secure, and entry would be restricted by the owner/proprietor..  This business was not selling croquetas to hungry tourists.

Much better, I 🤔 

1 hour ago, ashleyxyz said:

Much better, I 🤔 

Moos had to spoil it by saying they left on Friday, not on Sunday. 

This complicates the speculation because if they were arrested in Spain but outside of Catalonia, a different police force, such as the National Police, or the Guardia Civil, would be involved.  Or if they were arrested in another country, then I believe Interpol would be involved if there was to be a search of the apartment.

Maybe the search of the apartment has nothing to do with C&Y, but with the owner of the apartment.  And C&Y are just collateral damage.

• Like 1

A bit of history.

The B-6 apartment consisted of the on-cam space, and an additional off-cam space that was used as a business.  This apartment is accessed from the street by going up two flights of stairs.  The stairs have many steps.  I am guessing the business had its own separate set of stairs.

The business that was in the off-cam space was a dealer in semi-precious stones, crystals, and certain minerals used in jewelry or decor.  Unlikely that the business dealt in gold, diamonds, or truly precious stones.

Around 2018-19, this business apparently closed.  The closure probably coincided with the installation of a new bathroom and sauna in the apartment.  After first seeing B-6 when it opened with Bruno and Gina, I said only a mad Russian would install such a bathroom in this particular apartment.

After B-6 opened, I have no idea what this off-cam space was used for, and by whom,

-------

I should add that the other apartments in this building have their own separate entrance.  There may be two such entrances.

4 hours ago, moules said:

A bit of history.

The B-6 apartment consisted of the on-cam space, and an additional off-cam space that was used as a business.  This apartment is accessed from the street by going up two flights of stairs.  The stairs have many steps.  I am guessing the business had its own separate set of stairs.

The business that was in the off-cam space was a dealer in semi-precious stones, crystals, and certain minerals used in jewelry or decor.  Unlikely that the business dealt in gold, diamonds, or truly precious stones.

Around 2018-19, this business apparently closed.  The closure probably coincided with the installation of a new bathroom and sauna in the apartment.  After first seeing B-6 when it opened with Bruno and Gina, I said only a mad Russian would install such a bathroom in this particular apartment.

After B-6 opened, I have no idea what this off-cam space was used for, and by whom,

-------

I should add that the other apartments in this building have their own separate entrance.  There may be two such entrances.

who cares, move on

acaban de desarticular una banda , que se dedicaba al robo y venta posterior  de relojes de lujo en el distrito de SAN MARTI  . no se si tendra algo que ver .

WWW.ELTAQUIGRAFO.COM

Los Mossos d’Esquadra han desarticulado en Barcelona a un grupo de ‘relojeros’ compuesto por 6 hombres y 1 mujer, que acumulaban un...

4 hours ago, darkman said:

acaban de desarticular una banda , que se dedicaba al robo y venta posterior  de relojes de lujo en el distrito de SAN MARTI  . no se si tendra algo que ver .

WWW.ELTAQUIGRAFO.COM

Los Mossos d’Esquadra han desarticulado en Barcelona a un grupo de ‘relojeros’ compuesto por 6 hombres y 1 mujer, que acumulaban un...

I doubt they have anything to do with these watch thefts.