Site Issues

Admin

Is the chat working? It's just showing a blank window for me today. Was working fine up until yesterday. I can see the "who" list on the right but it's not showing any previous messages and seemingly no new ones either.

Never mind, it started working now. Perhaps some issue with my browser.

15 hours ago, Spoon said:

Is the chat working? It's just showing a blank window for me today. Was working fine up until yesterday. I can see the "who" list on the right but it's not showing any previous messages and seemingly no new ones either.

Never mind, it started working now. Perhaps some issue with my browser.

The chat screen does this alot-again right now

What is up with the site?

First of all I can't see the names of those approve my posts - not a major problem, but a bit strange.

Second, chat stops working for me.

Third, when I log out I find I can't log in. My password is wrong. I know it isn't. I have it written down and there are no CAPS LOCK issues

Fourth, I get locked out, but it doesn't really matter as it's not accepting my password.

Fifth, I ask for an e-mail to reset the password, but I don't think I have a received an e-mail site and after 3 attempts I gave up. I'm still receiving e-mails from other sites and the mail doesn't appear in Spam either. Maybe there is something my Virus Checker doesn't like about it ... I am not saying for one second that there would anything wrong such an e-mail, it's just that I never receive one.

Sixth, I am able to log in with my alternative CamCaps account I still cannot access chat or see approvals.

Seventh, suddenly exactly the same password starts working again so I am able to login now but with the same problems

I am apparently not the only one who have problems but I am not going to clear all my browser data again as I did last time because then I have to spend time logging into my other sites with the passwords. I don't have these problems with other sites especially when I type in the right password.

Yours, extremely frustrated, BBsq69

22 minutes ago, BBsq69 said:

What is up with the site?

First of all I can't see the names of those approve my posts - not a major problem, but a bit strange.

Second, chat stops working for me.

Third, when I log out I find I can't log in. My password is wrong. I know it isn't. I have it written down and there are no CAPS LOCK issues

Fourth, I get locked out, but it doesn't really matter as it's not accepting my password.

Fifth, I ask for an e-mail to reset the password, but I don't think I have a received an e-mail site and after 3 attempts I gave up. I'm still receiving e-mails from other sites and the mail doesn't appear in Spam either. Maybe there is something my Virus Checker doesn't like about it ... I am not saying for one second that there would anything wrong such an e-mail, it's just that I never receive one.

Sixth, I am able to log in with my alternative CamCaps account I still cannot access chat or see approvals.

Seventh, suddenly exactly the same password starts working again so I am able to login now but with the same problems

I am apparently not the only one who have problems but I am not going to clear all my browser data again as I did last time because then I have to spend time logging into my other sites with the passwords. I don't have these problems with other sites especially when I type in the right password.

Yours, extremely frustrated, BBsq69

1. That feature is not currently enabled for regular members. It was causing a lot of issues, some people want to be able to rate anonymously, and others were attacking people for giving them negative ratings. 

2. Please provide the error message if you received one. The chat is working for me currently, and there are consistently people in the chat. 

3. This may be a caching issue with your browser. I have not experienced this issue, and I am in and out several times per day on several different devices.

4. See point 3. 

5. Your mail system is likely filtering out the message. The mail system is functioning and it successfully sends several hundred e-mails per day, and we are not on any blacklists. If you have some type of mail log or error that would help to diagnose the issue. 

6. See point 3. 

7. See point 3. 

In summary, I don't believe the items that you've identified are systemic issues with the software. I think it's more likely some kind of caching issue with your browser, and/or your browser doesn't play well with Java Script.  To better troubleshoot this I'd need to know what browser your running and what OS you're using. Depending on the browser there are ways to clear the cache for specific websites. 

1 hour ago, Admin said:

1. That feature is not currently enabled for regular members. It was causing a lot of issues, some people want to be able to rate anonymously, and others were attacking people for giving them negative ratings. 

2. Please provide the error message if you received one. The chat is working for me currently, and there are consistently people in the chat. 

3. This may be a caching issue with your browser. I have not experienced this issue, and I am in and out several times per day on several different devices.

4. See point 3. 

5. Your mail system is likely filtering out the message. The mail system is functioning and it successfully sends several hundred e-mails per day, and we are not on any blacklists. If you have some type of mail log or error that would help to diagnose the issue. 

6. See point 3. 

7. See point 3. 

In summary, I don't believe the items that you've identified are systemic issues with the software. I think it's more likely some kind of caching issue with your browser, and/or your browser doesn't play well with Java Script.  To better troubleshoot this I'd need to know what browser your running and what OS you're using. Depending on the browser there are ways to clear the cache for specific websites. 

Windows 10, Chrome

1. Oh I see, well it would be nice to know who actually likes what I post, but at least that's an explanation. I've never given a negative rating and I think possibly you ought to stop that. People can always post if they have an issue. We all know there are some provocateurs on this site. 

2. All I get is the waiting symbol going round and round - there is no error message.

3. I cleared my cache, closed and reopened the browsers and chat still does not work. Maybe a reboot will work. I'll let you know if it does

5. I'll look into the reasons but it does not seem to be affecting over sites - as it happens because I know my password, it always seems to work eventually. Not that I believe have made a mistake because obviously I am being extra careful and I have a simple password, but perhaps up your 2 attempts to 4 or 5 like most sites before you look people out.

Update: Rebooting my PC has allowed me back into chat.

This is just short comment and I'm not complaining about anything

I just want to make short comment on Notifications..Red bell on right top corner. For me it's become inadequate and not useful function.I guess we should be informed about what we posted good or bad .And who actually like it or dislike it..Only based on that information is possible make analyze in order to improve content quality of our posts.

Basically we are blind now . And since i did follow the all activity in main stream i think I know real reason.why that function was disabled. Simply because all activities are visible there. And they suppose should not be.

In short All I want to say is: I have user name here on forum and i would like to be visible any time when i give reward to someone who deserve it

It's strange to accept as a fact that system named me somebody. I think have my user name and my reputation here. At least i hope so.

somebody gave you reputation for a post in a topic: Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures and Videos March/16 to ? 
4 minutes ago

somebody gave you reputation for a post in a topic: Leora and Paul Pictures ~ March 2016. 
58 minutes ago

somebody gave you reputation for a post in a topic: Pictures ~ March 2016. 
3 hours ago

2 people gave you reputation for a post in a topic: Pictures ~ March 2016. 

• Upvote 2