Comments, Quotes & Thanks for Pictures and Videos ~ April 2016.

2 hours ago, mr1010 said:

Foamy, any chance of a fix for the server uploading issues by April 14? I know mikey and others would like to know.

I'm not the technical wizard of the group. Site issues should be sent to the Site Issues topic of General Discussions where Admin (aka Mr. Wizard) can work his magic if the problem is on the CamCaps side. There are also articles there about how to deal with attachments and the attachment center.

• Upvote 1

It's not a bother. I try to look out for site problems and get them referred to whomever can explain or fix them. I'm not clear on what the nature of the problem is, or how to fix it. As for Des, I don't think he's pissing and moaning, I just think he wants to see a secured https header when he goes to pay for membership. That's reasonable.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DES7469 said:

When the owner gets some kind of security for the transaction I'll gladly join. Or get another way to join. Hell he could raise the price to cover the cost. I'd pay $20 a year to join. But I don't buy anything for an unsecured site. Not going to happen. 

9 hours ago, alanohio said:

This likely won't go over well with some of the members that do not like the idea of not seeing all photos all of the time, but I think it needs to be said, and this is the way I feel about it.

Paying $12 a year to join this site and get access to all media also puts a responsibility on us. If we upload all of our captures to 3rd party sites that can be seen by anyone, we are CHEATING both RLC and CC. If everyone did that, no one would pay RLC's $45 to join to see closed rooms, and neither would they join CC for $12 to see its library. Let's face it, if you can see everything without paying - why would you?

This has nothing to do with "class" and everything to do with respect.

I upload my captures to the CC database, and everyone who pays the $12 annual fee gets to see them. I think that's only fair to the website that has an investment in creating and maintaining CC in the first place.

It's really not only cheating, but also Copy-Write Infringement  to repost  RLC pictures . I believe that RLC allows this site to operate in order to gain subscribers ; because they could easily have it taken down with 1 court action . I enjoy the pictures, comments and the videos ; and if I knew of a way to pay for a subscription securely and anonymously , I would join . If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.  Please PM me or post .  Thanks. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, slider_69 said:

It's really not only cheating, but also Copy-Write Infringement  to repost  RLC pictures . I believe that RLC allows this site to operate in order to gain subscribers ; because they could easily have it taken down with 1 court action . I enjoy the pictures, comments and the videos ; and if I knew of a way to pay for a subscription securely and anonymously , I would join . If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate them.  Please PM me or post .  Thanks. 

Had the same problem for payment and solved it with VISA prepaid card. In Europe you can buy at gas stations etc, load by cash there and as name is printed on the card "My name". And it works well, at least for online payments.....

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, spielo said:

Had the same problem for payment and solved it with VISA prepaid card. In Europe you can buy at gas stations etc, load by cash there and as name is printed on the card "My name". And it works well, at least for online payments.....

Thanks,

I'll try it !

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Admin said:

What issue are you referring to?

The issue about the CC members posting pictures using third party hosts which I understood was going to be impossible to do as of April 14. 

I know they can post to Gallery or Attachments center. Will all the pictures previously posted another way be gone as of then?

7 minutes ago, mr1010 said:

The issue about the CC members posting pictures using third party hosts which I understood was going to be impossible to do as of April 14. 

I know they can post to Gallery or Attachments center. Will all the pictures previously posted another way be gone as of then?

Where did you see that?

7 minutes ago, mr1010 said:

Click on blue link and read the topic. And if you prefer short version than read just last two posts.

• Upvote 1