HFB......Say what you want thread!!

HarleyFatboy

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

They gave Texas Billions of Dollars for Hurricane Harvey so I can't see them giving to One State and not the other.

I had 8 homes & the government thinks i'm rich, got tired of paying so much taxes, sold 4 homes & now I want too see if i get money back at the end of the year

1 minute ago, SPYING 1 said:

I had 8 homes & the government thinks i'm rich, got tired of paying so much taxes, sold 4 homes & now I want too see if i get money back at the end of the year

If you sold them for a profit, you will pay capital gains taxes, if you sold at a loss, the maximum write off per year is $3000.00 if you have no other offsetting capital losses.

You must keep track of your cost basis--amount you paid ( or inherited step up value) and the cost of capital improvements--and depreciation claimed in prior years if any.

Good luck!

1 minute ago, SPYING 1 said:

We'll find out in about 24 hours

Hurricanes will just start out with tons of Rain and High winds for a day before the Actual Storm makes Landfall.

The bad part is the ones that choose to stay, if they need any kind of assistance the First Responders won't be able to help them until after the Storm has died down enough to be safe to make any Rescue Attempts.

6 minutes ago, happyone said:

If you sold them for a profit, you will pay capital gains taxes, if you sold at a loss, the maximum write off per year is $3000.00 if you have no other offsetting capital losses.

You must keep track of your cost basis--amount you paid ( or inherited step up value) and the cost of capital improvements--and depreciation claimed in prior years if any.

Good luck!

Well their the lost of money from fixing the homes, tax break on the diesel superduty truck, cell phone, need those for my rental business.

4 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Hurricanes will just start out with tons of Rain and High winds for a day before the Actual Storm makes Landfall.

The bad part is the ones that choose to stay, if they need any kind of assistance the First Responders won't be able to help them until after the Storm has died down enough to be safe to make any Rescue Attempts.

Problem is that Miami is only about 3 feet above sea level, flooding scares me, cause i have a collection of expensive guns.

Just now, SPYING 1 said:

Problem is that Miami is only about 3 feet above sea level, flooding scares me, cause i have a collection of expensive guns.

If Houston Texas had 15 Feet or more of Water from Hurricane Harvey then you can tell what Miami is going to look like in the coming days with Hurricane Irma. Winds get so strong it even snaps off the Cellphone Towers.

9 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

If Houston Texas had 15 Feet or more of Water from Hurricane Harvey then you can tell what Miami is going to look like in the coming days with Hurricane Irma. Winds get so strong it even snaps off the Cellphone Towers.

Miami has many canals that the flood gates has been opened so we hopefully won't flood

http://vidmax.com/video/162557-UNREAL-FOOTAGE-Almost-200-Mile-Per-Hour-Winds-Batter-Puerto-Rico-with-Trees-around-like-Straws

More than 1 million residents in Puerto Rico are without power Thursday as Hurricane Irma bares down on the U.S. territory, former Governor Alejandro Garcia Padilla told CNBC Thursday.

The category 5 storm has been recorded to have sustained winds above 180 miles per hour, making it the most powerful Atlantic Ocean hurricane ever recorded.

The storm has already killed at least 10 people in the Caribbean, according to the Weather Channel and is expected to make landfall in Florida this weekend.

In addition to the loss of power, about 50,000 Puerto Rico residents are without water.

Officials warned that residents could be without power for up to six months following the storm as Puerto Rico's crumbling infrastructure remains ill-equipped to deal with a hurricane of this severity.