Thoughts on Illegal immigration?

8 minutes ago, blue is the colour said:

Technically all Americans are illegal immigrants apart from the native Americans who were there first.😀

Technically Native Americans who were here before Europeans, would also be considered illegal immigrants , since they're not native to the United States either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tracker58 said:

According to the Liberal Snopes, of course it is. Snopes use to be reliable fact check organization before the left wing nutcases got a hold of it, now everything that a republican or a moderate says publicly is false or partly false, and we all are not that foolish now are we ? 

You see what I mean:

Truth about Maxine Waters harrassment statements

Your search did not yield any results. Your search terms may need to be revised, or we have not written an article on that topic.

One of the best tips for locating articles on our site is to avoid the use of searches that are too lengthy or specific. Therefore, the optimal search strategy is to avoid pasting specific phrases from items (such as subject lines and opening sentences) into our search engine and instead focus on selecting a few distinctive words or names to use as search terms.

If you still don't find the item you're looking for, please use our Submission Form to send it to us. We can't write about it if we don't know about it!

Actually Starwriter, this story arose out of a June 28th twitter post that labels itself as a parody of CNN.  The account is under the handle that labels itself "@CNNPoltis".  The account also posted under a fake CNN chyron (see below) saying that:  :WATERS:  Next SCOTUS should be an illegal immigrant."  Twitter has since suspended the account.  I am no fan of Maxine Waters but I am a fan of the truth..

Fake_Maxine_Waters_quote_tweet.png

• Like 1

Uh, no Snopes is still run by the same couple it always has been since it's inception and numerous studies have shown it to be even-handed and accurate in it's fact-checking. See the Wikipedia page for references to those studies. They definitely call out liberally leaning urban legends when they find them as well.  Your image is a fake. The real one is in the Snopes article along with references, of which you have posted exactly zero.

3 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

Technically Native Americans who were here before Europeans, would also be considered illegal immigrants , since they're not native to the United States either.

In which case any population of humans that do not live on the African continent would be considered illegal immigrants, since that is the only place that humans are native to.

Ahh, glad to see that reductio ad absurdum is still going strong.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, mic351 said:

I am a fan of the truth..

Something Donald Trump still doesn't know the meaning of.  Just think a man in his 70's could bluff so many into voting for him.  All he does now is try to Dazzle People with his Brains and Baffle them with a lot of Bullshit. :biggrin:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Maturin said:

In which case any population of humans that do not live on the African continent would be considered illegal immigrants, since that is the only place that humans are native to.

Ahh, glad to see that reductio ad absurdum is still going strong.

I'm glad we're in agreement!

12 hours ago, ashleyxyz said:

I'm glad we're in agreement!

So...

If all of us who are not currently living in Africa at the moment are, by your reasoning, illegal, then surely those that are going around in countries outside of Africa labeling and arresting other people for being illegal are acting like psychopaths and we should stop them?

3 hours ago, Maturin said:

So...

If all of us who are not currently living in Africa at the moment are, by your reasoning, illegal, then surely those that are going around in countries outside of Africa labeling and arresting other people for being illegal are acting like psychopaths and we should stop them?

Your first paragraph is your ridiculous reasoning, not mine. So let's go with your reasoning and get to the point, what should happen to people who get into to U.S. , that are not US citizens. But come into the country any way other than an official port or point of entry?

• Like 2