Em & Sia

23 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

I had to look it up, but I laughed at the example they gave for the
definition of "stroppy". I don't think that sounds much like you, but
have you ever been that rowdy soccer fan? Just curious. ๐Ÿ˜Š

:biggrin: Yeah good word eh lol but we call someone stroppy if they get a bit agitated or very short and sharp in their responses ie a bad tempered old bastard lol. No never been a rowdy soccer fan really though can shout and holler with the best of them if i have to lol.

You will be pleased to hear i have my main computer up and running now with a brand new 1GB SSHD, running like a dream now just have to flog through putting a lot of my software back on it. My old hard drive i think was giving up the ghost fast it was freezing up every bloody 5 mins which didn't improve the blood pressure either lol. Luckily i am very fussy with my backups so not lost anything just a bit of a bastard having to reinstall the software i use.

So back to my normal pervy self now :angel:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

:biggrin: Yeah good word eh lol but we call someone stroppy if they get a bit agitated or very short and sharp in their responses ie a bad tempered old bastard lol. No never been a rowdy soccer fan really though can shout and holler with the best of them if i have to lol.

You will be pleased to hear i have my main computer up and running now with a brand new 1GB SSHD, running like a dream now just have to flog through putting a lot of my software back on it. My old hard drive i think was giving up the ghost fast it was freezing up every bloody 5 mins which didn't improve the blood pressure either lol. Luckily i am very fussy with my backups so not lost anything just a bit of a bastard having to reinstall the software i use.

TB SSD disks didn't arrive to UK yet???ย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

TB SSD disks didn't arrive to UK yet???ย ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

We have had SSD disks in UK for a few years now but still fairly expensive what i have got is whats called a SSHD (a hybrid drive) which is a normal 3.5 hard disk but with a big 64MB ram resident cache in it which works faster than a standard hard disk but slower than a full SSD which is basically all ram with no moving parts.

UK ain't that far behind the times you knowย :biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

We have had SSD disks in UK for a few years now but still fairly expensive what i have got is whats called a SSHD (a hybrid drive) which is a normal 3.5 hard disk but with a big 64MB ram resident cache in it which works faster than a standard hard disk but slower than a full SSD which is basically all ram with no moving parts.

I just upgraded my 250 to a 500gb SSD for $100.00 USย ๐Ÿ˜

Just now, Robwin said:

Yes i know that.. i was just "joking" because you said 1Gbย ๐Ÿ˜ย But now with brexit who knowsย ๐Ÿ˜‚. I already mount a few (SSD) in clients equipment's (especially with some years) and the difference it's from day to night

I have an 256Gb SSD on my desktop only for the SO and Software.. The rest goes to standard 3.5 HD SataIII

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

With the upcoming QLC NAND SSDs will become so cheap hard disks are no longer needed at all...

Just now, Sparkles said:

Yes i know that.. i was just "joking" because you said 1Gbย ๐Ÿ˜ย But now with brexit who knowsย ๐Ÿ˜‚. I already mount a few (SSD) in clients equipment's (especially with some years) and the difference it's from day to night

I have an 256Gb SSD on my desktop only for the SO and Software.. The rest goes to standard 3.5 HD SataIII

1 TB SSD and 4TB hard disk in my computer and 12TBย in my server.ย ๐Ÿ‘

4 hours ago, Amy3 said:

Hereโ€™s a question then? If I amย gettingย about 80mbps using WiFi while paying for 300 mbps, am I getting ripped off? If I cheap out and change my service toย 100 mbps, will I then only be getting 1/3 of that or about 35mbps?ย 

How many mbps does one need to play CSGO at a pro level?ย 

Thx! ๐Ÿ˜‚

80Mb throw Wifi Its good enought,myself have Maybe 40,50 at max.Should be mor than enought to play games,the ping etc also matters a lot.

2 minutes ago, ze81 said:

80Mb throw Wifi Its good enought,myself have Maybe 40,50 at max.Should be mor than enought to play games,the ping etc also matters a lot.

Playing online via WiFi I wont recommend at all as latency and ping will be always worse compared to a cable.ย 

• Upvote 1

Just now, jabbath1987 said:

Playing online via WiFi I wont recommend at all as latency and ping will be always worse compared to a cable.ย 

Indeed,Personaly only play games online(mainly in my ps4,and before in PS3)with the Ethernet connection.ย for rest of general use(surfing web etc)of course it's all with Hifi.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Robwin said:

Good to know who to come to with my tech questions. ๐Ÿ˜Š But, I'm
gonna take a wild guess you meant 1TB SSHD and not 1GB. How
much of it is solid state?