Elise & Jim

Guest hacıvat

1 minute ago, groomy said:

I did not understand a little - what broke? If this equipment (routers) - no problem. Buy new. They live in a city 1 million+. Moreover - order for Aliexpress = delivery to them is really fast (2-3 days). So - considering that they have 1 set of equipment (Valerie and Glen) - 3-5 days offline. Or ISP part? Then it is strange - in apt are 2 different ISP.

net concentrator rather sounds like something power related. Maybe it is a power outage in the building?

• Like 1

Just now, jabbath1987 said:

net concentrator rather sounds like something power related. Maybe it is a power outage in the building?

I don't think so because after the start of the big outage I was still able to see timeline footage up to the point of the cut off point. If it was power outage then I might not have been able to see anything at all at that time. Having said this, even the previous timeline footage is out reach now. I recall when VV had a run of ISP problems they lost several subscribers. Now that Alan's guest has just left my mid week blues are back with a vengeance!

The power can't be out for such long time. The food in freezer will be spoiled.

As @groomymentioned the timeline was showing preview while the online view was off. That is usually an indication of disciplinary action.

This could be related to guests they bring to have sex. They could missed signing a consent doc for one of them.

I missed Sandy already....

I have to admit I am missing them all. Perhaps this is a good working model for apartments. A matriarch tenant to do all the admin and to keep order and supplying a series of interesting young unemployed guests looking for an easy cushy lifestyle and peer company. Whilst couples like Piper & Hunter and Nicole & Carl are OK, they are never going to be as exciting or as unpredictable or less set in their ways as these teenage guests imho.

Not signing a consent form would be taken very seriously by VH because of the litigation risk but as Groomy says, this should be a fine not an outage as it just passes the pain to subscribers also.

59 minutes ago, squish said:

I don't think so because after the start of the big outage I was still able to see timeline footage up to the point of the cut off point. If it was power outage then I might not have been able to see anything at all at that time. Having said this, even the previous timeline footage is out reach now. I recall when VV had a run of ISP problems they lost several subscribers. Now that Alan's guest has just left my mid week blues are back with a vengeance!

Not total sure on this, but i guess this part is normal because the images are being recording live to the VH servers .. that's why you can still see sometimes the timeline even when the house is offline. When blondie shutdown the power of the apartment to give a fuck you still was able to see the timeline till that moment he cut in the hall

1 hour ago, jabbath1987 said:

From Techopedia:

Some IT professionals may use the term “network concentrator” to talk
about a system that takes in buffered packets and puts them into a single
queue. The concentrator may take packets from FIFO (First In, First Out)
buffers and put them in a position for linear handling.

IT professionals may talk about a network concentrator as a “forwarder”
or more generally point out this function within a network system that
handles multiple streams or threads and combines them into a single
point of service. Concentrators may also be part of troubleshooting
efforts, where system administrators may check to see that the
concentrator is taking in and outputting signals correctly.

1 minute ago, letsdothis said:

From Techopedia:

Some IT professionals may use the term “network concentrator” to talk
about a system that takes in buffered packets and puts them into a single
queue. The concentrator may take packets from FIFO (First In, First Out)
buffers and put them in a position for linear handling.

IT professionals may talk about a network concentrator as a “forwarder”
or more generally point out this function within a network system that
handles multiple streams or threads and combines them into a single
point of service. Concentrators may also be part of troubleshooting
efforts, where system administrators may check to see that the
concentrator is taking in and outputting signals correctly.

Well this system for sure is part of the ISPs infrastructure outside the house. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well this system for sure is part of the ISPs infrastructure outside the house. 

Could very well be. This was also from Techopedia. It talks about it 
could be a router.

A concentrator aggregates and forwards data packets within a system.
A concentrator may also administrate various dial-up internet calls and
function as a network router. In general, the term “concentrator” is used
for either of these essential tasks.

Just now, letsdothis said:

Could very well be. This was also from Techopedia. It talks about it 
could be a router.

A concentrator aggregates and forwards data packets within a system.
A concentrator may also administrate various dial-up internet calls and
function as a network router. In general, the term “concentrator” is used
for either of these essential tasks.

I guess what is meant is a DSLAM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_subscriber_line_access_multiplexer

• Like 1

Just now, letsdothis said:

If you understood half of that, you're a better man than me, Charlie Brown. 😊

Well networks and stuff are basically my job. So yes I understand it. Easy said it is the thing who distributes the lines to the several houses connected to the DSLAM and "knows" which speed each subscriber payed for. When this thing is broken all houses connected to it have no more internet. 

• Like 1