Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Lol, not really trying to prevaricate but just hope Jabs accepts now that it isn't just a media induced thing but that it is actually happening all over and seems to be speeding up which is bad news really. I just hope it doesn't get out of control, as to be honest there is not much any government can really do now to stop it apart from closing all borders and that would be terrible. The warmer weather is a long way away yet so it can only get worse unfortunately.

You understood me wrong. I always said you have to take it serious. But the media especially here in Germany wrote a load of nonsense making the people running to the supermarkets and buy supplies like tomorrow WW III will start. I say it again the German government and especially our authorities do a pretty damn good job. I still feel safe here. 

But we all have to be careful and aware and most important think before we do something stupid. That is the best against it.

Panic and fear won't help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thestarider said:

Do you believe that this influenza strain is the focus of the very best medical researchers in the world ? I do and before to long they will have it under control. Soon they will have a flu shot for this strain, and here in the US when you are over 50 you a get different flu shot than the younger crowd gets. The amount the older crowd gets is about 3 times what the younger crowd gets. 

I believe from Chinese now are beginning to get a handle on the outbreak in China, The smartest medical research personnel in the world are on this case and they will find a way to prevent a pandemic, this I am pretty sure of at this point,

here in france the medical researchers (institut pasteur) say: we will not have a vaccin for this new virus before 12-18 months they need to do alot of test before on the mouses,

after if in the other countries  they find a efficient vaccin faster it's a good news

7 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Do you believe that this influenza strain is the focus of the very best medical researchers in the world ? I do and before to long they will have it under control. Soon they will have a flu shot for this strain, and here in the US when you are over 50 you a get different flu shot than the younger crowd gets. The amount the older crowd gets is about 3 times what the younger crowd gets. 

I believe from Chinese now are beginning to get a handle on the outbreak in China, The smartest medical research personnel in the world are on this case and they will find a way to prevent a pandemic, this I am pretty sure of at this point,

The deaths are generally the elderly and people with other underlying conditions...pretty much like many other viral and bacterial infections...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, firewall said:

here in france the medical researchers (institut pasteur) say: we will not have a vaccin for this new virus before 12-18 months they need to do alot of test before on the mouses,

after if in the other countries  they find a efficient vaccin faster it's a good news

I heard in the UK they pay you 3500 pounds when they can get you infected and do some research for vaccine on you for two weeks...

6 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

The deaths are generally the elderly and people with other underlying conditions...pretty much like many other viral and bacterial infections...

This is not in any way meant cynical .But that is how evolution works. Survival of the fittest. 

1 minute ago, jabbath1987 said:

I heard in the UK they pay you 3500 pounds when they can get you infected and do some research for vaccine on you for two weeks...

it's called a cobaye no thanks, me i heard the usa and israel are close to find a vaccin but i doubt it will be very serious on a short time like that you have to do alot of test first on the mouses and on the humans after it's taking time

9 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Must admit i have not heard that, if it was true i would fully expect to see it in headlines all over the newspapers.

Generally i think the UK is not doing too bad as being a small island our population is around 65 million whereas Germany is much bigger and only has about 83 million so in theory it should be much worse in the UK  but the virus is expected to get much worse before it gets any better in all country's.

As it hits the elder people worse you may see  many of us disappear soon lol but i hope not anyway.

It has been reported though that this virus was actually created in the Chinese labs and accidentally escaped. Which if true makes you wonder why they were creating it in the first place eh.!!!!

• Like 2

University of Tennessee scientists may have found coronavirus cure

OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) - As the coronavirus outbreak edges closer to East Tennessee, a possible cure could be closer to coming from the region. Two researchers have discovered a chemical compound, which will be further tested soon, could stop the virus and prevent it from spreading further.

Jeremy Smith, Director of the Center for Molecular Biophysics, a partnership between the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, explained their work is made possible by the “world’s most powerful computer,” or the Summit, at ORNL.

14 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Must admit i have not heard that, if it was true i would fully expect to see it in headlines all over the newspapers.

Generally i think the UK is not doing too bad as being a small island our population is around 65 million whereas Germany is much bigger and only has about 83 million so in theory it should be much worse in the UK  but the virus is expected to get much worse before it gets any better in all country's.

As it hits the elder people worse you may see  many of us disappear soon lol but i hope not anyway.

It has been reported though that this virus was actually created in the Chinese labs and accidentally escaped. Which if true makes you wonder why they were creating it in the first place eh.!!!!

WWW.THETIMES.CO.UK

It sounds tempting: a payment of £3,500 to spend two weeks relaxing in front of the television, playing video games or catching up on some...

12 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:
WWW.THETIMES.CO.UK

It sounds tempting: a payment of £3,500 to spend two weeks relaxing in front of the television, playing video games or catching up on some...

Wow not heard that at all, nothing on the tv about it but then the The Times is a very upmarket paper not read by most people only those well heeled types lol.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

University of Tennessee scientists may have found coronavirus cure

OAK RIDGE, Tenn. (WATE) - As the coronavirus outbreak edges closer to East Tennessee, a possible cure could be closer to coming from the region. Two researchers have discovered a chemical compound, which will be further tested soon, could stop the virus and prevent it from spreading further.

Jeremy Smith, Director of the Center for Molecular Biophysics, a partnership between the University of Tennessee, Knoxville and the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, explained their work is made possible by the “world’s most powerful computer,” or the Summit, at ORNL.

Lets hope its true and they succeed but the earliest you would expect to be available would be the end of the year at least i expect.