Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

2 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

The deaths are generally the elderly and people with other underlying conditions...pretty much like many other viral and bacterial infections...

I'm starting to get abit scared for the virus now too! 🧫 Italy has been hit very hard! 😟 It has spread around the world extremely fast, and new numbers from Italy show that it is 5% deadly if you get infected. That is worringly high! We can compare it to the Spanish flue, wich was an epidemic around 1920. It killed over 20 million, and that was only 2-3% deadly.

We must hope they find a vaxine very quick. 💉 In the mean time, wash your hands ALOT, and be careful where you go. 🧼

😷 

6 hours ago, Robwin said:

It has been reported though that this virus was actually created in the Chinese labs and accidentally escaped. Which if true makes you wonder why they were creating it in the first place eh.!!!!

The Soviet Union began a biological weapons program in the 1920s. During World War II, Joseph Stalin was forced to move his biological warfare (BW) operations out of the path of advancing German forces and may have used tularemia against German troops in 1942 near Stalingrad.

By 1960, numerous BW research facilities existed throughout the Soviet Union. Although the USSR also signed the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention (BWC), the Soviets subsequently augmented their bio-warfare programs. Over the course of its history, the Soviet program is known to have weaponized and stockpiled the following eleven bio-agents[1] (and to have pursued basic research on many more):

THEN:

Biopreparat (Russian: Биопрепарат, IPA: [bʲɪəprʲɪpɐˈrat], "Biological substance preparation") was the Soviet Union's major biological warfare agency from the 1970s on. It was a vast, ostensibly civilian, network of secret laboratories, each of which focused on a different deadly bioagent. Its 30,000 employees researched and produced pathogenic weapons for use in a major war.

In answer to Rob's question, you can make your own deductions.

If anyone would like to read more:

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

The Soviet Union began a biological weapons program in the 1920s. During World War II, Joseph Stalin was forced to move his biological warfare (BW) operations out of the path of advancing German forces and may have used tularemia against German troops in 1942 near Stalingrad.

By 1960, numerous BW research facilities existed throughout the Soviet Union. Although the USSR also signed the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention (BWC), the Soviets subsequently augmented their bio-warfare programs. Over the course of its history, the Soviet program is known to have weaponized and stockpiled the following eleven bio-agents[1] (and to have pursued basic research on many more):

THEN:

Biopreparat (Russian: Биопрепарат, IPA: [bʲɪəprʲɪpɐˈrat], "Biological substance preparation") was the Soviet Union's major biological warfare agency from the 1970s on. It was a vast, ostensibly civilian, network of secret laboratories, each of which focused on a different deadly bioagent. Its 30,000 employees researched and produced pathogenic weapons for use in a major war.

In answer to Rob's question, you can make your own deductions.

If anyone would like to read more:

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

Good work buddy👍👍

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Robwin said:

Must admit i have not heard that, if it was true i would fully expect to see it in headlines all over the newspapers.

Generally i think the UK is not doing too bad as being a small island our population is around 65 million whereas Germany is much bigger and only has about 83 million so in theory it should be much worse in the UK  but the virus is expected to get much worse before it gets any better in all country's.

As it hits the elder people worse you may see  many of us disappear soon lol but i hope not anyway.

It has been reported though that this virus was actually created in the Chinese labs and accidentally escaped. Which if true makes you wonder why they were creating it in the first place eh.!!!!

There is a research Lab.near Edinburgh which carry's out tests on males and females of varying ages.

Example:A middle aged female relative of mine did a three week test(not allowed home)for Aspirin which involved a number of people taking two different strengths and a placebo.I won't bore you with the details of how it all worked but she received £925 for it.

Footnote:She was bored out of her skull and swore she would never do it again!!!.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

I heard in the UK they pay you 3500 pounds when they can get you infected and do some research for vaccine on you for two weeks...

Imagine if in Germany they paid you 3500 euros to spend lengthy periods in front of your computer!!!?😀😀😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Robwin said:

Lets hope its true and they succeed but the earliest you would expect to be available would be the end of the year at least i expect.

yes i think also, if someone find a vaccin tomorrow there is all the phase test to do after on the mouses first and on the humans after and on the third time the production can start and all this process taking months,

this new virus have some months again in front of him, the discussion is very interesting btw it's much better than the barça apartments on rlc 🙂,

here the experts said the vaccin will be not ready before 12-18 months, let see if the summer will kill completly the virus

i am sick in this moment i don't know if i have the virus or not 😁

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, firewall said:

yes i think also, if someone find a vaccin tomorrow there is all the phase test to do after on the mouses first and on the humans after and on the third time the production can start and all this process taking months,

this new virus have some months again in front of him, the discussion is very interesting btw it's much better than the barça apartments on rlc 🙂,

here the experts said the vaccin will be not ready before 12-18 months, let see if the summer will kill completly the virus

i am sick in this moment i don't know if i have the virus or not 😁

Well here at work many people working from home when they think they caught a cold. 

Everybody is cautious now which is a good thing. I still feel fine. I had a a very bad flu infection in January where I almost had to go to hospital and so I jokingly say I already had it 😁

here the economy minister just announced today the economic impact will be strong and all meetings of more 1000 people are not authorized now it was 5000 the last week,

just imagine the impact there is  on the all  sportifs events and culturals

15 minutes ago, firewall said:

here the economy minister just announced today the economic impact will be strong and all meetings of more 1000 people are not authorized now it was 5000 the last week,

just imagine the impact there is  on the all  sportifs events and culturals

Well the faster we can contain it the faster we can go back to normality

I was in a restaurant on Friday evening and innocently sneezed into my napkin, which brought the whole restaurant to a standstill! Was quite embarrassing really and I felt I had to spend the rest of the evening gesturing and laughing exuberantly to show to the other diners that no, I did not indeed have the flu or coronavirus!

We haven't been hit so hard yet in Sweden but cases are rising.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4