Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

I see the China infections have started rising again in fits and jumps so it ain't all over yet by a long way i don't reckon. Though in all honesty until a vaccine is available it won't.

Social distancing is the only way to combat this at the moment but I think that the exit strategy is going to be as problematic and hopefully not the Chinese version.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

A video that is really worth watching, please the time to watch and form you own opinion.

😁

Ok, it's here...

Hey Thes...where did your post with that video go!! It's disappeared from this thread..I watched it from start to finish, btw...

We use to, and maybe still do, get lots of cheap clothes and stuff, saying on the label 'Made in Taiwan'...and it is/was a big joke...Respect to Taiwan now 👍...I wish we all took a leaf out of their book!! 
The other thing that bothered me...did that doc that spilt the beans really die of Coronavirus?...:undecided:

The worrying thing is that the asymptomatic cases can be the most dangerous...They're infected, but don't know, so a few, not all, will think 'I'm fine so I can go out and meet my mates'...and China didn't report these 40,000 plus cases who tested positive in there original figures..🥴

Apart from all that, I think China has behaved impeccably regarding this catastrophe...😏

Thanks for the great video Thes...I'll cut and paste this into the right thread now...

• Like 1

Funny how everyone is an expert after the event. Boris has only acted on the best advice he has had from so called experts and professionals. Personally has has done the best he could do with the advice and facilities available. Yes others will still criticise but it is so easy to do when you don't have to take decisions, hindsight is a wonderful thing to those who have had to do nothing. What Boris and the country needs is the support of everyone and to do the best job they are able to.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Robwin said:

Funny how everyone is an expert after the event. Boris has only acted on the best advice he has had from so called experts and professionals. Personally has has done the best he could do with the advice and facilities available. Yes others will still criticise but it is so easy to do when you don't have to take decisions, hindsight is a wonderful thing to those who have had to do nothing. What Boris and the country needs is the support of everyone and to do the best job they are able to.

Irrespective of how quickly or slowly the UK reacted we are in the position we are in and as such the politicians can only decide on what is the best and most effective way forward based on what the medical profession tell them.There is Medicine and there is Politics and at the moment only one of these matters.Here in the Scottish Parliament Nicola Sturgeon has the backing of all sides of the house and decisions are being made in a crossparty fashion in full co-operation with guidelines from the UK Govt.in London who are providing leadership and inspiration.

I applaud our Magnificent NHS and Medical professionals each and every one of them.

• Like 2

I dont think this topic is the right one to blame the politicians regardless if it's Trump, BoJo or somebody else. 

All do what they can to stop it maybe taking different approaches to it. When all is over we see who did best...

• Upvote 2