Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

27 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

I'm not opposed to the economy presently being closed, but at some point it needs to open. Social programs can give people money when they are not working, but eventually that money will be worthless if there is nothing to buy.  If no one is working, how do products get produced?  No matter how well we plan I guarantee you people will die from the coronavirus once economies open, so some plan needs to be devised that allows us to open the economy while at the same time limiting the number of deaths.  Believing that we need to get to the point where no one dies from covid-19 before we can open the economy means that the economy will never open.

This is exactly why most countries are in confinement until the end of April or more, in order to be able to have the solutions to return to work while limiting human losses, while waiting to find the vaccine that will allow us to find our lives back 

Most countries are in a stagnation of the virus, this means that it is almost no longer transmitted, so containment works if hospitals do not receive many new cases of contamination
This means that during the next weeks of confinement, the curve should decrease and the hospitals will relieve
This will allow governments to produce and establish measures for the period of deconfinement that will allow the economy to start again.
But as long as there is no vaccine or real functional treatment at more or less 100%, it will surely still do what is necessary to protect health, it surely means glove and mask for anyone having to get out of at home, whether for work or pleasure

we need to do things with intelligence, not speed

14 minutes ago, moos54 said:

This is exactly why most countries are in confinement until the end of April or more, in order to be able to have the solutions to return to work while limiting human losses, while waiting to find the vaccine that will allow us to find our lives back 

Most countries are in a stagnation of the virus, this means that it is almost no longer transmitted, so containment works if hospitals do not receive many new cases of contamination
This means that during the next weeks of confinement, the curve should decrease and the hospitals will relieve
This will allow governments to produce and establish measures for the period of deconfinement that will allow the economy to start again.
But as long as there is no vaccine or real functional treatment at more or less 100%, it will surely still do what is necessary to protect health, it surely means glove and mask for anyone having to get out of at home, whether for work or pleasure

we need to do things with intelligence, not speed

I agree. How about opening the economy to those who are least at risk of dying from the virus and keeping those most at risk of dying in isolation?  Especially in sparsely populated rural areas.

The news media and Democrats have just proven what I said.  They are now saying that Trump does not have the Constititional authority to reopen the economy, after having previously criticized him for not shutting down the economy.  So how can he have legal authority to close the economy, but not have legal authority to reopen it? :huh::confused:   The truth is that they would have attacked him for "abuse of power" if he had closed the economy, just like they will attack him for "abuse of power" if he reopens the economy.  The bottom line is that the Democrats and news media will criticize and attack President Trump no matter what he does or says.

6 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I agree. How about opening the economy to those who are least at risk of dying from the virus and keeping those most at risk of dying in isolation?  Especially in sparsely populated rural areas.

those who die are mostly people at risk but there are many healthy people who end up in intensive care so it is hard to say if this or that person is not afraid of this virus because it really works differently depending on the people

it's a bit like playing russian roulette with only one bullet in, you can't be guaranteed not to take it in your head

• Like 1

For a smile of the day:

Tomorrow is the National Home school Tornado Drill. Lock your kids in the basement until you give the all clear. You’re welcome!

I was so bored I called Jake from State Farm just to talk to someone. He asked me what I was wearing.

2019: Stay away from negative people. 2020: Stay away from positive people.

The world has turned upside down. Old folks are sneaking out of the house, and their kids are yelling at them to stay indoors!

You think it’s bad now? In 20 years our country will be run by people homeschooled by day drinkers…

This virus has done what no woman had been able to do…cancel all sports, shut down all bars, and keep men at home!!!

Do not call the police on suspicious people in your neighborhood! Those are your neighbors without makeup and hair extensions!

Since we can’t eat out, now’s the perfect time to eat better, get fit, and stay healthy. We’re quarantined! Who are we trying to impress? We have snacks, we have sweatpants – I say we use them!

Day 7 at home and the dog is looking at me like, “See? This is why I chew the furniture!”

Does anyone know if we can take showers yet or should we just keep washing our hands???

never thought the comment “I wouldn’t touch him/her with a 6 foot pole” would become a national policy, but here we are!

Me: Alexa what’s the weather this weekend?

Alexa: It doesn’t matter – you’re not going anywhere.

Can everyone please just follow the government instructions so we can knock out this coronavirus and be done?! I feel like a kindergartner who keeps losing more recess time because one or two kids can’t follow directions.

I swear my fridge just said “what the hell do you want now?”

When this is over…what meeting do I attend first…Weight Watchers or AA?

Quarantine has turned us into dogs. We roam the house all day looking for food. We are told “no” if we get too close to strangers. And we get really excited about car rides

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, jjkopite said:

I see Trump has now suspended funding to the World Health Organisation.

Good. Since  you love the WHO so much, maybe the UK can make up the $450 billion the U.S. has been paying to that Chinese controlled organization. :cool:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Good. Since  you love the WHO so much, maybe the UK can make up the $450 billion the U.S. has been paying to that Chinese controlled organization. :cool:

Is this your personal opinion or do you blindly follow the words of your dear Trump?
I ask this because I feel like you're never going against your president's idea, when I read you, I feel like Trump is a living god
For what I say, it's a nice bullshit to have done this, already because it is surely thanks to them that we will be able to find a treatment and especially because it's been months that the WHO alerts on the dangerousness of the covid
But hey it is necessary to find guilty parties to veil the face

• Like 5