Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

4 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Your reasons are sound but it still doesn't explain why everybody is not using it. i am no expert so have to trust in those who are i'm afraid.

So who are your experts? The same people who said 2.2 million Americans would die from the coronavirus?  The people prescribing the drugs are doctors. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ridgerunner said:

So who are your experts? The same people who said 2.2 million Americans would die from the coronavirus?  The people prescribing the drugs are doctors. 

Who are my experts? i don't have any but it certainly ain't Mr Trump. There are experts  and labs all over the world trying to fight this thing. Many people seem to think they have the easy answer  i am afraid but however well intentioned it ain't solving the problem yet.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Max I vaguely remember polio, but we kicked it's ass by trying. should we just let this virus kick our ass or should we fight like crazy. I am not ready to leave this world yet. I have too much too wisdom to pass along to my children and my grandchildren. I choose to fight to my last breath.

No  Chinese BS virus is going to kick my ass !!!!

I appreciate your sentiment but sentiment alone will not solve this problem. Science and research will and there ain't no magic bullet yet or vaccine.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

No, I just see the media and political establishment for who they really are.

Well griping about it on here ain't gonna do anything, as you yanks would say get out there and kick ass eh.

2 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Because the news media and the American ruling establishment hate Trump, so they will never support anything he is in favor of.  Sadly, that includes people in healthcare.

I agree, this drug has been around almost 80 years. The side effects are the diarrhea, headaches, loss of appetite, and weight loss. Every med has side effects. Most worse than those, but if the drug helps you more than side effects harm you, go for it. I would think most of those against it would give it to their Mom if she was dying and there was nothing else to be done. Oh wait, I wouldn't want to give her the shits, so maybe I'd let her die.🤔😷🧐. By the way Ridge, how are you making out with this mess?

2 minutes ago, ashleyxyz said:

I agree, this drug has been around almost 80 years. The side effects are the diarrhea, headaches, loss of appetite, and weight loss. Every med has side effects. Most worse than those, but if the drug helps you more than side effects harm you, go for it. I would think most of those against it would give it to their Mom if she was dying and there was nothing else to be done. Oh wait, I wouldn't want to give her the shits, so maybe I'd let her die.🤔😷🧐. By the way Ridge, how are you making out with this mess?

I'm fine. Nothing has really changed that much. Since I'm retired, I spend most of my time at home anyway. Just miss going out to eat once or twice per week. Biggest problem is that I haven't been able to see my girlfriend for about a month now. We agreed to stay apart until it is safe to be together.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Robwin said:

Then why aren't the states using it

This article is very informative about the use of hydroxychloroquine
in the US. For example, the orders for hydroxychloroquine have gone
from 40,000 pills per day in late  January, to 1.8 million pills per day in
late March.

Special Report: Doctors embrace drug touted by Trump for COVID-19, without hard evidence it works

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Also, the FDA has given the okay for using the drug to treat covid-19. Check out the work done by Dr. Stephen Smith of New Jersey. 

This is what the FDA did. This is from the article I posted just above.

"The Food and Drug Administration has not approved hydroxychloroquine as a COVID-19 treatment, but the agency has provided an emergency use authorization for the anti-malarial drugs to be used in clinical trials or for hospitalized patients when a doctor deems it appropriate.

“We have not taken a stance, nor are we, on whether doctors should prescribe it,” FDA Commissioner Dr Stephen Hahn told Fox News last week. “We’re providing facts and information about the risks and benefits, but that really is and should be a doctor-patient decision.”

18 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

I know how to make the news media and American establishment believers in hydroxychloroquine. President Trump should announce that because there is such a short supply of the drug, only Republicans are eligible to receive it.:tongue:

Sorry, Runner, not funny. Not even a little bit. This is serious shit. People
are dying by the 10s of thousands and it will probably be millions by the
time it's all over. The level of callousness and insensitivity exhibited by
your comment exceeds even what a Trump supporter should be capable
of. Sorry, buddy, not cool. Not. Cool. At. All. JMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, letsdothis said:

Sorry, Runner, not funny. Not even a little bit. This is serious shit. People
are dying by the 10s of thousands and it will probably be millions by the
time it's all over. The level of callousness and insensitivity exhibited by
your comment exceeds even what a Trump suppoter should be capable
of. Sorry, buddy, not cool. Not. Cool. At. All. JMHO.

So why won't the establishment and the news media not take seriously the positive results numerous doctors have been having with hydroxychloroquine?  I also don't think it is funny when "Morning Joe" and his idiot wife on MSNBC accuse President Trump of touting the drug because Trump wants to personally make money off it. :angry:

• Like 1