Deborah & Ian (2020) Part #1

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst their style choices are not to my own personal liking I do think it is only fair to point out Sofi and Deborah are only following a specific current trend. Known widely as ‘e-girl’ or ‘Electronic girl’ it is a style prevalent on TikTok but spreading to other social media channels and features bold hair colouring (temporary) and heavy anime style makeup. 

Their constant viewing of anime and manga movies is another factor for followers of this aesthetic. They are young and to the best of their ability (and limited finances) will try to emulate the current trends that they identify with. 

I, like many people, made some terrible fashion choices in my youth and I am so pleased that there was not the immediacy of digital photography, publishing and social media to record it. We only have a window onto their world and it is their choices that we will see. Given the rate of change of fashion and styles it is quite possible that in a few months they will be following another trend. 

I do realise this is possibly a controversial post that will no doubt spark comment but it is intended to explain, not start a war of words in this apartment’s forum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Arkay2 said:

Whilst their style choices are not to my own personal liking I do think it is only fair to point out Sofi and Deborah are only following a specific current trend. Known widely as ‘e-girl’ or ‘Electronic girl’ it is a style prevalent on TikTok but spreading to other social media channels and features bold hair colouring (temporary) and heavy anime style makeup. 

Their constant viewing of anime and manga movies is another factor for followers of this aesthetic. They are young and to the best of their ability (and limited finances) will try to emulate the current trends that they identify with. 

I, like many people, made some terrible fashion choices in my youth and I am so pleased that there was not the immediacy of digital photography, publishing and social media to record it. We only have a window onto their world and it is their choices that we will see. Given the rate of change of fashion and styles it is quite possible that in a few months they will be following another trend. 

I do realise this is possibly a controversial post that will no doubt spark comment but it is intended to explain, not start a war of words in this apartment’s forum.

I appreciate and understand what you say.
I personally do not make a war of words but - when nothing happens - I enjoy making some jokes that I hope is witty.
Although like you I am of another generation, I hoped that all these young people who live together would be able to have more fun, even with a little sex.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, jabbath1987 said:

The two clowns are cooking 🤡🤣

I remember what you said days ago that when and if Valeria and Marcus gets their own apartment, this place will be doomed, completely agree! Deborah and Ian alone aren't capable of keeping this apartment up and running unless they have guests of Marcus and Valeria capability