Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #4

1 hour ago, maxfactor said:

I spent two weeks in Berlin eating the shittiest food that side of the UK.  Don't start posting that GERMANS make great food, because your culinary skills rival their sense of humor.

My comment was on a post about burgers. Someone wrote that good burgers can only be made by oneself and that the typical US chains like McDonald's do not offer quality. I wanted to show that there are better burger places out there. Still, It was a post about fast food and not the high cuisine.

Anyway, It's not my fault that you have no idea where to eat good food in Berlin. The traditional German cuisine has a few really nice recipes, but is certainly not comparable to that of, say, France. Going out for a good meal in germany usually does not mean going out for classic german food. Especially in Berlin you can make a culinary world trip without leaving the city. So many possibilities for really good food have developed here over the last years. Either your visit was a long time ago, or you just missed the right places.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, maxfactor said:

LOl... you lefties always use the"whataboutism" argument when you are losing.  You invented the "whataboutism" to shut down counter arguments that you don't like.

Whataboutism does not provide good arguments, instead it is the attempt to distract from critique.

The fact that Trump's handling of Covid-19 was catastrophic does not get any better because the virus first appeared in China. If someone tries to counter a critic of Trump, maybe the politicization of the masks and the resulting reduction in countermeasures to Covid-19, with China, he really only wants to distract from Trump mistakes. China is not to blame that many of the MAGA idiots are too stupid to wear masks or keep social distance. It is Trump who has lied to the american people, no matter which mistakes might have been made somewhere else.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Whataboutism does not provide good arguments, instead it is the attempt to distract from critique.

The fact that Trump's handling of Covid-19 was catastrophic does not get any better because the virus first appeared in China. If someone tries to counter a critic of Trump, maybe the politicization of the masks and the resulting reduction in countermeasures to Covid-19, with China, he really only wants to distract from Trump mistakes. China is not to blame that many of the MAGA idiots are too stupid to wear masks or keep social distance. It is Trump who has lied to the american people, no matter which mistakes might have been made somewhere else.

WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM

Face masks are an effective method for containing the spread of the virus, used along with staying six feet apart from other people.

The above article is lengthy, but very informative about the efficacy of masks, but the conclusion of the studies is this

Subsequent research has suggested that face masks are an effective method for containing the spread of the virus, used along with staying six feet apart from other people.

And so, not all masks are created equal, as shown in this study

WWW.HEALTH.COM

It's time to trade it in for something more effective.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Alladino said:

Yes, I should have written: "MAGA idiots are too stupid to wear masks and keep social distance".

You should have written, people, regardless of what country they are in, who do not wear the right kind of mask and keep social distance are stupid. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, happyone said:

You should have written, people, regardless of what country they are in, who do not wear the right kind of mask and keep social distance are stupid. 

You are not right, but that would not have fulfilled my goal to express my strong disfavour towards the ignorance of most MAGA followers. 😅

• Like 2

14 hours ago, letsdothis said:

I don't, and I don't need to because the life of a man in Richmond, VA has nothing to do with the life and moronic behavior of IQ45.

As I said, it's just you, once again, trying to change the subject, blame the opposition and deflect attention from the issue, with your multitude of inane "whataboutisms", just like the psychopath. As usual.

Who is blaming the opposition? I'm just saying why is Trump responsible for his becoming infected, but the Democrat governor of Virginia is not responsible for the governor's infection? Sounds like a perfectly valid question to me? :huh:

3 hours ago, O_U812 said:

Why do you have to be so nasty?  Does it make you feel like a better person to curse at me and say disgusting stuff?  Grow up.

Watch it, you are in danger of revealing that you and the golfer are the same person. And you were accusing me of having multiple accounts on CC. lol

3 hours ago, Alladino said:

My comment was on a post about burgers. Someone wrote that good burgers can only be made by oneself and that the typical US chains like McDonald's do not offer quality. I wanted to show that there are better burger places out there. Still, It was a post about fast food and not the high cuisine.

Anyway, It's not my fault that you have no idea where to eat good food in Berlin. The traditional German cuisine has a few really nice recipes, but is certainly not comparable to that of, say, France. Going out for a good meal in germany usually does not mean going out for classic german food. Especially in Berlin you can make a culinary world trip without leaving the city. So many possibilities for really good food have developed here over the last years. Either your visit was a long time ago, or you just missed the right places.

I spent a week in Munich as well, hosted by a German...same shit.  Lucky we ate Italian, Thai and only had to stomach schnitzel once.