Forum Support - Bugs, errors, troubleshooting, etc.

Admin

This came up in reference to a post I made in the wrong thread. I wanted to go ahead and delete the post but I have no "Remove" option available to the right of the post. Only "Quote" and "Modify." Thank you.

:shithappens:

Occasionally I get a PM requesting removal of a member's post, and I have no problem going in and removing the post. Just PM me or the other mods, tell us what section it's in and it's reply number, and we'll be happy to remove it. We're here to help. It's not like we spend all of our time slaughtering trolls, although that's great fun, too.

If you've said something that is possibly embarrassing to you, just go ahead, click the modify prompt, and delete the text.

It is no user error, because I have them in the list (before sending I am clicking "save a copy..)

thanks for checking

I've had that problem in the past myself, but it was always with a specific computer (which has since died.) I suspect it was a bad connection/software browser/software support problem on my side. I have since cleaned up my router and wi-fi connections, changed browser blocking add-ons, etc., and have not experienced the problem since. Oddly, at the time this was happening on my Win7 machine, it never happened on my Linux computer.

Whatever it is, it is a complex and elusive problem. Keep us informed of it. Whether it's a hardware malfunction, software conflict, or user error, it would be nice to be able to define it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...