Opinions , ideas and speculations for out of the apartment life / activities - 1

ddhm

9 minutes ago, Pepe said:

You need to change the rules to state speculation is OK then. Shall not discuss is pretty straightforward.

So if I say Leora is doing something outside the apartment and it just happens to be the truth as long as I say it's speculation although it's true it's OK?

Why have any rules at all?

I just have a question, why are you permissive with some people on this forum and not with others?
I think I already have the answer though :biggrin:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I just have a question, why are you permissive with some people on this forum and not with others?
I think I already have the answer though :biggrin:

If you have the answer then why ask?

What am I thinking right now?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, HarleyFatboy said:

Now that we've got all that mushy stuff out of the way, how's the golf game?  Made many birdies or an eagle or hell...a possible albatross?  What's your handicap looking like these days?  How are the grandkids treating old grandpa?  How are you liking retirement?  Did you get to watch any of the U.S. Open?  How many questions was that?

I carry a solid twelve handicap, and Sunday played in two man scramble with my middle son, it is called an over (50) and under(50) two man event, we shot 2 over on a tough course, then shot 2 under on the second day to finish tied for 5th. I have shot 78 at Buffalo Dunes, it is in golf digest's top 100 public courses. Just one eagle this year, don't have the length to get home in two anymore, lots of birdies and double bogeys HAHA. The grandkids are loving seeing more of grandpa. Yes of course I watched the US Open, they had that course playing tough on those guys.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Foamy T. Squirrel said:

NOTICE OF OFFICIAL ACTION IN ACCORD WITH THE ALMIGHTY CAMCAPS MODERATION TEAM:

The intent of THIS FUCKING RULE (I hate Rules) was to keep people from 1) Explaining that HoneyPie will be landing at Kiev on flight 666 at 1300 Moscow time, 2) Publicly posting their addresses or place of employment --hence aiding stalkers-- or publicly posting outside pictures that could seriously endanger or embarrass the tenants. 

The Original Poster's comments are suppositions and speculations that the poster made from INFORMATION available INSIDE the apartment and are no way in violation of that rule. And I wrote that Rule.

If anyone wants to push to alter or eliminate that rule, or feels that it should be re-written to allow more clarification, please PM me.

This topic is now unlocked and open for discussion.

As a matter of interest Foamy, I also dislike rules and in a civilised society we shouldn't need them, but this forum in the past has shown that we certainly do..

When does " supposition and speculation " become infringement? 

Are you advocating that it's OK to " speculate " that one of the tenants is earning money on the outside by prostituting herself, or it's OK to state that one of the tenants has COVID 19 and is therefore self isolating...When does " speculation and supposition " become libelous in the liberal moderators eyes?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

I carry a solid twelve handicap, and Sunday played in two man scramble with my middle son, it is called an over (50) and under(50) two man event, we shot 2 over on a tough course, then shot 2 under on the second day to finish tied for 5th. I have shot 78 at Buffalo Dunes, it is in golf digest's top 100 public courses. Just one eagle this year, don't have the length to get home in two anymore, lots of birdies and double bogeys HAHA. The grandkids are loving seeing more of grandpa. Yes of course I watched the US Open, they had that course playing tough on those guys.

I used to love to play scrambles...2 man and 4 man, they were my favorite of all tournaments followed by match play.  How many teams were in the tournament?  A solid 12 huh, that's a good handicap to be at if you play a lot of tournaments.  It means you are really strong in one area and an asset to any team.  Buffalo Dunes...i'll have to look that one up.  Maybe you just need a new driver to get some of that distance back...would be a good retirement gift for yourself lol.  Yeah, the birdies almost always are followed by the bogey's and double bogey's, funny how that works lol.

Dude, the U.S. Open was off the chain as far as toughness was concerned!  Bryson DeChambeau only shooting 6 under had his game face on and made some unbelievable golf shots.  I was actually pulling for Patrick Reed but his wheels just fell flat off.  It was a good tournament and interesting to see how the pros tried to handle it!

It will be interesting to see the speculation commence tomorrow.  I just think people need to be careful and not get carried away like I used to do all the time lol.  Sorry, had to throw this in the conversation to remain on topic lol.

6 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

As a matter of interest Foamy, I also dislike rules and in a civilised society we shouldn't need them, but this forum in the past has shown that we certainly do..

When does " supposition and speculation " become infringement? 

Are you advocating that it's OK to " speculate " that one of the tenants is earning money on the outside by prostituting herself, or it's OK to state that one of the tenants has COVID 19 and is therefore self isolating...When does " speculation and supposition " become libelous in the liberal moderators eyes?

Good questions Jimbo!!

59 minutes ago, Pepe said:

If you have the answer then why ask?

What am I thinking right now?

I just wanted to demonstrate the inconsistency of your approach as you allow yourself to interpret the rules of the forum according to the people who post here

So if a person who speculates on Leora and Malia, but you like, there is no "report" on your part and you do not say anything on the forum, but if it comes from a person whom you do not like his speculation, it is immediately outside the rules

we may be playing with the meaning of words but there is still a difference between making a statement or making a speculation

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Now when your talking golf is that Mini Golf.   laugh laughing GIF

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I just wanted to demonstrate the inconsistency of your approach as you allow yourself to interpret the rules of the forum according to the people who post here

So if a person who speculates on Leora and Malia, but you like, there is no "report" on your part and you do not say anything on the forum, but if it comes from a person whom you do not like his speculation, it is immediately outside the rules

we may be playing with the meaning of words but there is still a difference between making a statement or making a speculation

And I can say mods pick and choose what rules they wish to enforce or just bend to there will.

I am not but I could speculate that.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, moos54 said:

And naturally the difference between your interpretation and Pepe's or anyone elses come to that matter.

You are as guilty as any of us...You put your twopence worth in when it suits, so don't be too judgemental and morally superior. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, moos54 said:

I don't have any idea who the op is so your assumption that if I don't like someone it gets reported. I have ignored far more than you know and again thanks for assuming you know me and my thoughts. Hell I don't even even need to comment any more you can do it for me 😊

• Like 3
  • Haha 1