Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

12 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

And right previous to the quote you wrote, "An excellent description and definition of IQ45's 'base'." Which means you agree with every word that was written in the  quote you posted. 

If I hadn't agreed with it, I wouldn't have posted it. You said I spoke those words, I said they weren't my words, I just quoted someone else, just like everyone here, including yourself. I never said I didn't agree with them.

14 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Deutschland hatte gestern über 8000 positive Fälle ... ihre bisher höchste tägliche Gesamtzahl! ... Ich würde das nicht " Arbeiten" nennen ... nur sagen ... 😏

Falsch. Es sind 6.638. Das ist viel höher als etwa 2.000 in den letzten Wochen, das ist richtig. Es wird mehr getestet, und es sind zunehmend junge Menschen mit milden bis gar keine Krankheits-Symptome. Für ein großes Land mit über 82 Mio. Einwohner sind 9.710 Tote, die Corona zugeschrieben werden im internationalen Vergleich sehr gering. Im viel kleineren England sind es über 43.000 !!!

Nebenbei. In Deutschland wird viel gelacht - nicht nur über Trump-Witze. Der Karneval mit "Büttenreden" ist weltbekannt. Heinz Erhardt und andere waren und sind Meister des intelligenten Humors.  😊 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

Not correct. There are 6,638. That's a lot higher than about 2,000 in the past few weeks, that's right. More testing is being done and there are increasingly young people with mild to no symptoms of the disease. For a large country with over 82 million inhabitants, 9,710 deaths attributed to Corona are very low in an international comparison. In much smaller England there are over 43,000 !!!

By the way. There is a lot of laughter in Germany - not just about Trump jokes. The carnival with "Büttenreden" is world famous. Heinz Erhardt and others were and are masters of intelligent humor.  😊 

The point I was trying to make Star is that most of us are in deep shit, and if we think we're out of the woods, think again...

...and can we have a few more jokes from you please...😉

• Like 3

Vor 17 Minuten sagte nagachilli2:

Der Punkt, den ich versucht habe, Star zu machen, ist, dass die meisten von uns in tiefer Scheiße sind, und wenn wir denken, wir sind aus dem Wald, denken Sie noch einmal ...

... und können wir bitte noch ein paar Witze von dir haben ... 😉

Punkt 1: Das ist richtig - leider. Und keiner weiß wie lange wir alle das noch erleiden müssen. ☹️

Punkt 2: Gerne, aber nicht unter der "Rubrik Corona ...." sondern unter "Comedy & Humor" - später. Leider schreibt da kaum jemand etwas - offenbar sind viele Menschen hier OHNE Humor. Hast Du da schon etwas geschrieben ?? Ich weiß es nicht.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StarLight28 said:

Point 1: That's right - unfortunately. And nobody knows how long we will all have to suffer this. ☹️

Point 2: Gladly, but not under the "Corona ..." section but under "Comedy & Humor" - later. Unfortunately, hardly anyone writes anything there - apparently many people are WITHOUT humor here. Have you already written something? I dont know.

Good point...yes I've posted a few there, but not for a while...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, letsdothis said:

If I hadn't agreed with it, I wouldn't have posted it. You said I spoke those words, I said they weren't my words, I just quoted someone else, just like everyone here, including yourself. I never said I didn't agree with them.

If you agreed with the words, then to me it is the same as you writing them.

8 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

It is working if you ignore facts and honest statistics.:biggrin:

Ain't you heard the saying there are...............Lies, damned lies & statistics, you can make them suit any argument and ignoring local conditions.

4 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

Germany had over 8000 positive cases yesterday...their highest daily total yet!...I wouldn't call that 'Working'...just saying...😏

I still believe it will take a number of years to correctly evaluate what was the best strategy for handling the covid-19 pandemic.  However, any evaluation must not only consider the number of deaths directly resulting from covid-19, but must also consider the long term negative effects of the policies instituted to fight covd-19. Hopefully, we will learn from the successes and mistakes and be better prepared to combat the next pandemic.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2