Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

37 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

I think there is a silent revolution going on.  In my state the governor has mandated the wearing of masks. But when my girlfriend and I ate lunch at a restaurant today I was the only person in the restaurant wearing a mask. 

You didn't eat much then...😏

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Of course, more people will be infected when there is no lock down. Becoming infected is how a population builds immunity. Infection numbers mean nothing. Important figures are how many people are hospitalized and how many people are dying.  It appears the best way to fight the disease is to provide protection for people who are most in danger of severe illness and death from the virus while allowing the rest of the population to live normal lives.

There have been many less vulnerable people severely infected...Carry on with their normal lives and this number will rise dramatically...there'll be more Covid spreading than in the White House!

Also where do you draw the line as to who is labelled 'more vulnerable'...apart from the obvious? If it's age related you'd have to shield, wouldn't you?...😏

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

You didn't eat much then...😏

Actually, I took it off when I ate and didn't do what the idiot governor of California has instructed people in his state to do. He has said that people should wear the mask between bites of food. I'm not kidding, he really said that. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Actually, I took it off when I ate and didn't do what the idiot governor of California has instructed people in his state to do. He has said that people should wear the mask between bites of food. I'm not kidding, he really said that. 

You mean you haven't got 1 of these...😁

image.jpeg.b68664fe2acdfe589d5ff9a26c441726.jpeg

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Vielleicht Schweden? 

NEIN !!! Ein kleines Land, wenig Einwohner, kleine Bevölkerungsdichte aber viel Wald - und viel mehr Tote als in Deutschland - 10 mal mehr Einwohner, dicht besiedelt .....  aber nur 10% Tote als in Schweden.  "Herdenimmunität" ist Unsinn. Der blonde Boris hat das inzwischen auch gemerkt

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StarLight28 said:

Dumm, dümmer am dümmsten.  Englische Witze - über die kein intelligenter Mensch lachen kann. ☹️

Actually quite the opposite--intelligent people get the jokes and therefore laugh.  Stupid people do not--as you often say--Fuck you!! 😏

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

Ich denke, es findet eine stille Revolution statt. In meinem Bundesstaat hat der Gouverneur das Tragen von Masken vorgeschrieben. Aber als meine Freundin und ich heute in einem Restaurant zu Mittag aßen, war ich die einzige Person im Restaurant, die eine Maske trug. 

Das hast DU gut gemacht. Das ist aber auch ein Zeichen das US-Bürger keine Disziplin kennen. Recht auf Selbstverteidigung mit Waffen - Cowboy-Mentalität, null Interesse was "der Staat sagt" und somit 220.000 Tote in einem Flächenland wie die usa. Schade - Dummheit stirbt nicht aus. 

• Like 2