Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

2 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

it never ceases to amaze me that so many people listen to a person that has lied to the world so many times (at least 21,000 since taking office & all recorded) yet refuse to accept reality & science. the kool aid must be delicious!

I've really no idea why either. I'm not into the politics of the US, tbh, until Covid, that is. So maybe I'm missing some fantastic attributes and qualities of his 😏 . I've never liked him as a person, and always thought of him as an idiot before, and he hasn't disappointed here. I think the difference is that I've been watching him much more now, where I used to switch him off before. My judgement is purely based on his character and the way he's conducted himself during this pandemic...Seriously, if it wasn't dangerous, it would be the best spoof ever...apart from Airplane, obviously...😏

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nagachilli2 said:

I've really no idea why either. I'm not into the politics of the US, tbh, until Covid, that is. So maybe I'm missing some fantastic attributes and qualities of his 😏 . I've never liked him as a person, and always thought of him as an idiot before, and he hasn't disappointed here. I think the difference is that I've been watching him much more now, where I used to switch him off before. My judgement is purely based on his character and the way he's conducted himself during this pandemic...Seriously, if it wasn't dangerous, it would be the best spoof ever...apart from Airplane, obviously...😏

It's beginning to look like European leaders weren't all that brilliant in handling the pandemic. And now even the W.H.O. is saying lockdowns are and were a big mistake in fighting the pandemic.

3 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

It's beginning to look like European leaders weren't all that brilliant in handling the pandemic. And now even the W.H.O. is saying lockdowns are and were a big mistake in fighting the pandemic.

They change their minds depending on which way the wind is blowing or who ever is giving them a bung. Like everybody else they are experts in finding fault but never any solutions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, golfer06 said:
WWW.DAILYKOS.COM

One has to remember that an Amendment to the Constitution is  PART of the Constitution, and since it is LATER than the original text of the Constitution actually becomes more relevant. And so I remind you that...

That is such a stupid argument. Being an originalist means that a justice makes decisions based upon the original intent of the written text of the Constitution and laws. An originalist accepts amendments to the constitution because they are also part of the written text of the constitution. 

3 hours ago, golfer06 said:
WWW.RAWSTORY.COM

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump’s personal attorney, on Monday while campaigning for his boss falsely and dangerously told Philadelphia voters that coronavirus doesn’t kill anyone anymore. “People don’t die...

Rudy Giuliani is very misinformed.  He lies just like his Boss President Bone Spurs.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

That is such a stupid argument. Being an originalist means that a justice makes decisions based upon the original intent of the written text of the Constitution and laws. An originalist accepts amendments to the constitution because they are also part of the written text of the constitution. 

Would have thought an amendment to a constitution only becomes reality when it has been accepted and passed into law. Therefore your statement is flawed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, letsdothis said:

If you notice the quotes and italics, you'd have known I didn't say it. I merely quoted someone else's words.

And right previous to the quote you wrote, "An excellent description and definition of IQ45's 'base'." Which means you agree with every word that was written in the  quote you posted. 

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Would have thought an amendment to a constitution only becomes reality when it has been accepted and passed into law. Therefore your statement is flawed.

7 minutes ago, Robwin said:

My statement is not flawed. An amendment once it is ratified becomes part of the Constitution. At that point an originalist will consider the amendment to be just as legitimate as the rest of the Constitution. Being an originalist means interpreting the constitution and law as they are written and not seeing things that are not there in order to fit a justice's personal ideological agenda. That includes new laws and Constitutional amendments.