Discussion:2019 Novel Corona Virus (Covid19) and It's Political Ramifications #5

Pepe

3 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

The wacko lefties can't even keep their conspiracy stories straight for two days. When the president first entered the hospital they were saying that the president was much sicker than we were being told. Two days later when Trump was released from the hospital those very same people were saying that the president was never sick. :huh::confused:

What else is new. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Alladino said:

The economy has been in the restart for some time. The people keep their distance wherever possible, wear masks, etc.

There are some industries that are currently in a really bad situation, e.g. the airlines. But here the problem will probably continue even after Covid-19, as digitization makes travel less necessary. Covid-19 has here an accelerated process that would have happened anyway.

Even after a Vaccine is released people will still be masked up for a very long time as the Vaccine will not work for everyone.  Also you'll have Anti-Vaxxers who'll refuse the Vaccine. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ridgerunner said:

Now the governor of California says when people eat at a restaurant they should wear their masks between bites of food. :tongue:

He also thinks that people who never owned slaves should be forced to pay off people who were never slaves. And nobody can work under contract as a self-employed person, pretty much. The whole state sucks, and we can't wait until after the election because until then, we'll be under house arrest.

I feel sorry for all the mom & pop businesses that died. They just could not come up with enough campaign money for our ruling class.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alladino said:

The economy has been in the restart for some time. The people keep their distance wherever possible, wear masks, etc.

There are some industries that are currently in a really bad situation, e.g. the airlines. But here the problem will probably continue even after Covid-19, as digitization makes travel less necessary. Covid-19 has here an accelerated process that would have happened anyway.

That's not really a discussion about Covid & Politics. It's a rather great observation. In our history as humans, the development of agriculture vs hunting & gathering created huge changes. The development of the printing press (not unlike HTML for the masses) changed more. The Industrial Revolution altered the face of Agriculture. Electronic capabilities and computing are replacing 19th Century technology.

Oddly, pestilence and plagues have been with us the entire time. Like war, it's rather disliked, and unavoidable. Still, we have always adapted to such change.  It's just the first time half of the world's economy was frozen and that the healthy portion of the population were quarantined.

I refuse to live in fear about Covid. It's not that I'm an underplaying its importance -- it's that becoming irrational is far more lethal.

Oh, and I have a death sentence already. Because I was born. No big deal. We'll all accept death by some means sooner or later. Let the young people work and build their lives like we co-morbidity old folks once did.

Fear and panic solve nothing. "Relying on the science" is about as dependable as it was during the Black Plague, except it can learn more about Covid more quickly and control it. Then the next disease will be developed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Alladino said:

I wish people would finally learn that there is only one human race. All people belong to it no matter what skin color they have.

Apart from that, all I can say is that you should not let the populists talk you into such irrational fears. You urgently need to overcome your xenophobia and racism. Most people have the same goals, they just want to live their lives no matter what skin color they have. People are not your enemies just because their skin color is different from yours. 

My children are well into their 30’s now but when they were growing-up there was no mention of race allowed. If you are talking about a little boy, you were talking about a little boy - not a white or black boy, a little boy. 

The problem is that over the years real life has worn down my ideology. I have represented my God, myself, and my race well throughout a productive lifetime..... but my people are dying indiscriminately. And I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. Lynching Black people is still legal if you have a badge. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AntEater said:

So in your book it is ok to be racist because other racist/racially divisive people behave this way? Two wrongs don't make a right. You're being racist and people who proclaim Black Power are also being racist. No progress can be had with that kind of attitude, the only lessons to be learnt from that have already been famously taught and illustrated by Hitler. 

Maybe include less fear and paranoia in your political decision making, then maybe you'll have a more rational way of thinking.

You have substituted your term “racism”, for my theory of pride. Okay.... we disagree. How do you know what constitutes my political decision making? It sounded good though. Nice and politically correct - just like life, cut and dried.

16 hours ago, O_U812 said:

The best thing EVER.....

Wish I could see it, but I got this error:

The site at https://twitter.com/sbstryker/status/1313350441091047425/video/1 has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

56 minutes ago, letsdothis said:

Wish I could see it, but I got this error:

The site at https://twitter.com/sbstryker/status/1313350441091047425/video/1 has experienced a network protocol violation that cannot be repaired.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because an error in the data transmission was detected.

Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

Hmm....I clicked on it right here and it worked fine.  I wish you could see KAC dropping the F-bomb on her daughter.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ridgerunner said:

And if all those people fully recover within a week or two what does that say about the disease? 

That it is still a killer.  Death rate in USA - 4.5%   Death from flu - Less than 1%    Spin it all you want, it doesn't change the numbers.

• Like 3