Nina & Kira (2020) Part #9

6 minutes ago, roger0987 said:

Bloody Americans "That's not a Cockroach, THIS is a cockroach!"  Australia mate.

cockroach.jpg

Maybe we should go to South America for some hunting.  This is allegedly the largest species of cockroach.  PLUS it has a cool name:  Megabaloblatta longipennis.  I don't know if it can be used as a sex toy.  Maybe only in a horror film.

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, roger0987 said:

Bloody Americans "That's not a Cockroach, THIS is a cockroach!"  Australia mate.

cockroach.jpg

And here's where that photo came from...

WWW.ABC.NET.AU

Chances are you have hosted a critter or two at your house, but have you ever willingly invited a giant cockroach to stay?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 8:52 AM, hs6127 said:

Kira would really freak out at these cockroaches that are commonly found in Florida:

spacer.png

These two 👆🏻👇🏻 are not the same species. Notice how all the cockroachers have one solid body mass, while this one 👆🏻 is clearly devided into 3 segments, kind of like an ant, or a beatle.

On 10/15/2020 at 9:27 AM, hs6127 said:

Since the term Palmetto Bug is not a scientific name, folks throw the term around at any large roach or roach-like insect.  If you look at the life cycle of cockroaches (as shown below), they look very different before the adult stage because their wings are not fully formed.  @letsdothis -maybe this will satisfy your curiosity.,

Let me stress that I am not an entomologist, not even an amateur one.

My main memory of these is stepping on them and being totally amazed at the creme filling.

spacer.png