Naga's Kitchen Part #1

nagachilli2

On 12/8/2020 at 2:56 PM, nagachilli2 said:

I've never tried Eel...jellied of otherwise, but it's on my bucket list...I tried sweetbreads in Spain a coupla years back as part of a tapas meal...They were great!

I'm maybe slightly younger. Happy88...63.
Why did I always think you were American? 🥴

No idea Naga, I’ve been to the US a few times but definitely from this side of the pond when not living abroad; maybe it’s when I go off on one of my rants re: blokes in GOV apt’s 🤣 yes you are a bit younger; I’m ‘48 vintage 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

The first time I tried eel I seriously hurt my gums as I didn't realise there is a bone in them.It was a stall in Soho in London 1967 and I had just watched Scotland beat England at Wembley.Luckily I was pissed as an arse so it didn't hurt too much,actually if the truth be told I felt no pain all weekend😁👍🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺.

On another occasion I was in London I had a sandwich with a large slice of hot ham, simple but truly scrumptious.👍

Oh the joys of Soho in the 60’s 🤪 I remember the occasion in ‘67, that’s when the Scottish supporters dug up the pitch as I recall 🤣 Used to go to a club in soho called the Pink Pussycat off Piccadilly Circus. All blues and heavy rock; air was so thick with smoke you didn’t need a joint you just had to breath in what was round you. Ace place 👌

• Like 1

I made a recipe that I found on some site on the 'Net for Seafood Scampi. Shrimp, Scallops and Calamari. Tubes and tentacles. YUM!! The order called for 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper. I made it a compact 1/4 teaspoon.  Whew! That stuff goes in hot and comes out the same way!!

The rest was great. The house still reeks and the wife still complains. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TBG 150 said:

I made a recipe that I found on some site on the 'Net for Seafood Scampi. Shrimp, Scallops and Calamari. Tubes and tentacles. YUM!! The order called for 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper. I made it a compact 1/4 teaspoon.  Whew! That stuff goes in hot and comes out the same way!!

The rest was great. The house still reeks and the wife still complains. 

Sounds great...I love seafood. Italian night in our house is a friday. I'm gonna do seafood linguini with mussels, scallops and langoustines...using their shells for the sauce...😋

• Like 1