Martina and Alberto - home activities #36

10 hours ago, Noldus said:

We only hear it from the conversation between Martina and Alberto
Unfortunately, the Spanish speakers have chosen not to share this in this thread, as they received far too much negative feedback.

Similarities as that's what happened with the Russian Translators 3 or 4 years ago.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

Similarities as that's what happened with the Russian Translators 3 or 4 years ago.

I have learned through other translators, there are many ways that a translation can be correct. If you take the same conversation with Alberto and Martina and provide it to ten different translators, they will probably all translate it in a slightly different way. And all ten of these translations might be perfectly correct, and accurate.

Have you ever seen a movie being re-translated from a book by different directors or producers? They may re-translate the movie because they feel that they can translate it slightly differently, putting their own take on the book through the movie, and perhaps modernizing it for today’s audience.  Like the CC audience. 

Perhaps we shouldn’t be thinking of translation as something that is ‘correct’ or ‘incorrect’, but whether it is ‘effective’ or ‘ineffective’.
In the case of Alberto and Martina, perhaps the translation was ineffective?? The CC audience provided negative feedback when they should just listen to what is being offered by the translator, be grateful and move on. 

Most likely translation is not a case of substituting one word for another which happens. Many times the translators are translating Spanish or Catalan and may often have to make fairly big changes to explain a version of the conversation, sometimes even cutting out some or half a sentence at a time.

Thats my take but I believe anyone translating on CC understands the forum and shouldn't take it personally or too challenging; perhaps they should just move on? Continue to contribute translation? 

Any thoughts

11 minutes ago, yelt said:

I have learned through other translators, there are many ways that a translation can be correct. If you take the same conversation with Alberto and Martina and provide it to ten different translators, they will probably all translate it in a slightly different way. And all ten of these translations might be perfectly correct, and accurate.

Have you ever seen a movie being re-translated from a book by different directors or producers? They may re-translate the movie because they feel that they can translate it slightly differently, putting their own take on the book through the movie, and perhaps modernizing it for today’s audience.  Like the CC audience. 

Perhaps we shouldn’t be thinking of translation as something that is ‘correct’ or ‘incorrect’, but whether it is ‘effective’ or ‘ineffective’.
In the case of Alberto and Martina, perhaps the translation was ineffective?? The CC audience provided negative feedback when they should just listen to what is being offered by the translator, be grateful and move on. 

Most likely translation is not a case of substituting one word for another which happens. Many times the translators are translating Spanish or Catalan and may often have to make fairly big changes to explain a version of the conversation, sometimes even cutting out some or half a sentence at a time.

Thats my take but I believe anyone translating on CC understands the forum and shouldn't take it personally or too challenging; perhaps they should just move on? Continue to contribute translation? 

Any thoughts

your right,translation is indeed one of the variables of everything that helps us to understand, it is a variable which has a certain degree of probability which depends on the quality of the translation. In short, it's neither white nor black. 

23 minutes ago, yelt said:

Any thoughts

The 2 Spanish translators I know have pretty much matched each others translations right across the board...That's enough for me 

A different word here, a different word there...the end translation was the same...

45 minutes ago, girlsfun said:

There's something bothering Martina, she has her 'stone face' tonight.

Any guest ? school ? Nelly, Michael (well...everything is possible and i like to write 'Nelly' or 'Michael' for fun once from time to time, you know me ) ? 

School is stressful.  One thing even more stressful..Texting!  Did Martina and Alberto have sex, make love or have benefits, this morning? If not, (just a guess) she will have that sexual need, late night tomorrow with someone else? There are signs Martina may be maturing? If she really wants to get Alberto involved, she would bring her friends to Alberto. Thoughts!

47 minutes ago, girlsfun said:

There's something bothering Martina, she has her 'stone face' tonight.

Any guest ? school ? Nelly, Michael (well...everything is possible and i like to write 'Nelly' or 'Michael' for fun once from time to time, you know me ) ? 

She has exams next week and as Martina has a perfectionist personality, she is worried about them.. 

She will worry.  She will work hard.  And she will do well on the exams. Everyone should wish her well on these exams.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, yelt said:

School is stressful.  One thing even more stressful..Texting!  Did Martina and Alberto have sex, make love or have benefits, this morning? If not, (just a guess) she will have that sexual need, late night tomorrow with someone else? There are signs Martina may be maturing? If she really wants to get Alberto involved, she would bring her friends to Alberto. Thoughts!

Thoughts..... trying to follow your post, but your all over the place.  "stress - texting"  I don't get the connection. ?? Martina maturing.....what signs? Martina's friends at Martina's apartment for a gathering, spending time with Alberto. Something to think about. Hosting a get together can be a sizeable expense, food, drinks. Would have to be a bring your own. I don't have a clue what young people do when hanging out. In my day, you played music way too loud, tried to score with girls, and drank till you passed out.  

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Deepdave said:

She has exams next week and as Martina has a perfectionist personality, she is worried about them.. 

She will worry.  She will work hard.  And she will do well on the exams. Everyone should wish her well on these exams.

Thank. Good, she take it very seriously, no doubt and like I wrote in the past, she know what she want and she has her mind into it 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, chuck206 said:

Thoughts..... trying to follow your post, but your all over the place.  "stress - texting"  I don't get the connection. ?? Martina maturing.....what signs? Martina's friends at Martina's apartment for a gathering, spending time with Alberto. Something to think about. Hosting a get together can be a sizeable expense, food, drinks. Would have to be a bring your own. I don't have a clue what young people do when hanging out. In my day, you played music way too loud, tried to score with girls, and drank till you passed out.  

well we are on the same generation..on the girls side for me....

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Deepdave said:

Agree totally. She is a focused person and  knows that good exams will help her more than excessive parties all night long. For sue tis time will also come again once the exams are done. That's the difference to GOV, she is working on her future GOVs are here for party. Sure wish her all the best for her exams. Also important to learn to handle highs and lows as well since life will be full of them.  Exams are a good practice for that...😉

• Like 1