Mika & Layne

Well that really looks bad and fucking scary to me. As you all know I am strongly against any guns owned by normal people. I never owned and used a gun in my life. And I never ever felt I would need one. Really glad we dont have this gun problems here in Germany. And no the news that in Germany women get raped by refugees all time is completely wrong. I know this news was spread even here in Germany by some stupid news agencys. Its safe here you dont need a gun at all. And thats a good thing

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Well that really looks bad and fucking scary to me. As you all know I am strongly against any guns owned by normal people. I never owned and used a gun in my life. And I never ever felt I would need one. Really glad we dont have this gun problems here in Germany. And no the news that in Germany women get raped by refugees all time is completely wrong. I know this news was spread even here in Germany by some stupid news agencys. Its safe here you dont need a gun at all. And thats a good thing

I heard on bbc and sky about women attacked by migrants during the new year's eve, just don't remember in which city, do you want to say it was all fake news? that's sounds interested

16 minutes ago, waldi said:

I heard on bbc and sky about women attacked by migrants during the new year's eve, just don't remember in which city, do you want to say it was all fake news? that's sounds interested

That was on new years eve 2016. Yes it was bad. I agree. But imagine what would have happened when everybody would have carried a gun?

Just look how many people die in the USA every year because of guns. In Germany in 2016 it was 70 people. Take this number by 5 because USA has roughly about 5 times more people w get 350 deaths because of guns. Suicides included. Now how much do the USA have? More than 10.000 I heard... And now tell me that does not have anything to do with the insanely high number of guns in the US...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

That was on new years eve 2016. Yes it was bad. I agree. But imagine what would have happened when everybody would have carried a gun?

Just look how many people die in the USA every year because of guns. In Germany in 2016 it was 70 people. Take this number by 5 because USA has roughly about 5 times more people w get 350 deaths because of guns. Suicides included. Now how much do the USA have? More than 10.000 I heard... And now tell me that does not have anything to do with the insanely high number of guns in the US...

access for guns in US is too easy, that's for sure, at the same time strong lobby is effectively blocking any changes in legislation, so it's a bit different than in here. But certainly you're right, civilians don't need guns for every day life.

• Like 2

Look at recent history. Where have the worst K-12 school shootings occurred? It has not been in the U.S. but Europe. The very worst one occurred in a high school in Erfurt, Germany in 2002, where 18 were killed. The second worst took place in Dunblane, Scotland in 1996, where 16 kindergarteners and their teacher were shot. The third worst high school attack, with 15 murdered, happened in Winnenden, Germany. The fourth worst shooting was in the U.S. -- Columbine High School in 1999, leaving 13 killed. The fifth worst school related murder spree, with 11 murdered, occurred in Emsdetten, Germany.

With three of the worst five attacks, Germany may be a surprise to those who believe in gun control. Even by European standards, Germany has some of the strictest gun control laws. Indeed, these laws are far stricter than existing gun control in the U.S., or for that matter, the restrictions currently being discussed in the United States.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Look at recent history. Where have the worst K-12 school shootings occurred? It has not been in the U.S. but Europe. The very worst one occurred in a high school in Erfurt, Germany in 2002, where 18 were killed. The second worst took place in Dunblane, Scotland in 1996, where 16 kindergarteners and their teacher were shot. The third worst high school attack, with 15 murdered, happened in Winnenden, Germany. The fourth worst shooting was in the U.S. -- Columbine High School in 1999, leaving 13 killed. The fifth worst school related murder spree, with 11 murdered, occurred in Emsdetten, Germany.

With three of the worst five attacks, Germany may be a surprise to those who believe in gun control. Even by European standards, Germany has some of the strictest gun control laws. Indeed, these laws are far stricter than existing gun control in the U.S., or for that matter, the restrictions currently being discussed in the United States.

I think you should apply to Trumps administration as the Secretary for Misinformation!  I'm not arguing with the specific shooting events, but I counted up all the school shootings deaths across Europe since 1913; from Wikipedia, across Europe in the last 104 years the total is 117

In the US since 2000; also totalled from Wikipedia, in the last 27 years the total is 245

It is absolutely clear that your society which has easy access to guns has a massive problem with the wrong sort of people getting hold of those guns.  In Europe the wrong sort of people find it a lot harder to get hold of guns, so we have less atrocities, no matter the scale.  It's really not rocket science.

• Like 4

It still doesn't change the fact that 3 of worst five were in Germany does it. And look up the statistics on mass shootings and you will also see that US is not the worst country either.

If you can control illegal guns and the gun violence that is caused by gang violence in US it would be in line with most countries around the world Maturin.

I currently only own a shot gun to hunt with, every hunting season my sons and I go upland bird hunting. You really should look at all aspects of every issue instead like all liberal do, just pull out things that make your point.

I have to go to work but we can carry on this conversation in the political thread if you wish.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Thestarider said:

Totally right we had really bad school shootings here. After each the laws for weapons were made even stricter. But the total number of killed people by guns is far far lower than in the US.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Maturin said:

I think you should apply to Trumps administration as the Secretary for Misinformation!  I'm not arguing with the specific shooting events, but I counted up all the school shootings deaths across Europe since 1913; from Wikipedia, across Europe in the last 104 years the total is 117

In the US since 2000; also totalled from Wikipedia, in the last 27 years the total is 245

It is absolutely clear that your society which has easy access to guns has a massive problem with the wrong sort of people getting hold of those guns.  In Europe the wrong sort of people find it a lot harder to get hold of guns, so we have less atrocities, no matter the scale.  It's really not rocket science.

Yes the problem is bad or immature people get guns far too easy in the US.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Yes the problem is bad or immature people get guns far too easy in the US.

our "leaders" want to blame the gun violence on mentally ill people while at the same time allowing more mentally ill people to have easier access to gun purchases & offering no health care mental or otherwise and then saying "i don't know what could have been done to stop it". and since the existing laws didn't stop it let's not have any. i think we've forgotten about las vegas allready.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, golfer06 said:

our "leaders" want to blame the gun violence on mentally ill people while at the same time allowing more mentally ill people to have easier access to gun purchases & offering no health care mental or otherwise and then saying "i don't know what could have been done to stop it". and since the existing laws didn't stop it let's not have any. i think we've forgotten about las vegas allready.

The terrorist used airplanes on 9-11 to murder 3,000 people, terrorist are using trucks to mow down people, fertilizer was used to destroy the ATF building. Yet you only hear talk about guns.

1 minute ago, SPYING 1 said:

The terrorist used airplanes on 9-11 to murder 3,000 people, terrorist are using trucks to mow down people, fertilizer was used to destroy the ATF building. Yet you only hear talk about guns.

the subject's dead just like the 59 people.