Leora & Paul General Chat Topic July/August 2018 #2

Just now, scutus said:

Eva is without a doubt the most accurate predictor known as to when a ( bate ) is going to happen.

For what it is worth. Eva was up and about a little while ago. Leora, wisely put the cone on her. This is a good sign !

😂,indeed,she already eat and drink water,not to mention she already walks(still bad of course)but already lots of good signs very fast.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scutus said:

It is very possible. Leora was wiping that area with a gauze type material earlier today.

In retrospect, I am wondering if the foot, and the area on the abdomen , possibly a puncture, both may have been the result of an injury while she was out on a walk. Which would explain the suddenness of her condition.

Possible attack by another dog ??

3 hours ago, bean1111 said:

I thought the dog's name was scooter

Scooter, was the name assigned to her when she first arrived at the old apartment by the CC members. It was unclear as to what sex she was very early as a puppy.

Leora was heard calling her Eva.  Use either name, and we would know who you are talking about.  ☺️

At 7:50 am their time, Leora gave Eva another round of four injections. Eva, being an exceptional patient, only flinched when she was given the fourth shot.

Evidently meds, in Siberia, are in the form of injections rather than tablets, or pills.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jimbo4 said:

Ah, if that's the case it would make sense for injections. In the U.S. its required by law to have your dog vaccinated against Rabies and you have to have the Rabies tag on the collar, the only problem is that strays obviously don't get such treatments. But if your dog gets attacked by another dog and neither has been vaccinated the law says you have to treat your dog with a series of Rabies shots.

Just going by what I remember from back in the 90's it takes a series of 13 shots over the course of a couple of weeks to fully protect against getting the disease.

I'm sure they've made great strides since then to make the treatment better. But if Leora is as aware of animal health as they say then she's probably taking preventative action. I only say this because even if little Eva broke her paw and got an infection it wouldn't require a daily syringe of meds. Unless it was a really really bad infection or if she's injecting some strong pain meds.

But from what I understand Russia has a huge stray dog problem and little Eva is a definite target being bite sized and all.

*EDIT* Ok so what I said above is basically just treatment for humans if they get bitten by an animal with Rabies. I wasn't aware of this but apparently there is no known cure for Rabies in a dog or cat. You can prevent it with vaccines but you can't cure it once the animal gets infected. From the Pets.Md website.

How Is Rabies Treated?

There is no treatment or cure for rabies once symptoms appear. Since rabies presents a serious public health threat, dogs who are suspected of having the virus are most often euthanized.

8 hours ago, jimbo4 said:

Having looked at the replay for Saturday I am now convinced that it was a pre-planned procedure, Leora had packed a towel in the backpack, and to my mind they would not have taken the dog out for a brief walk with Paul " fully loaded " It was to wrap the dog up with after its procedure....possibly the dew claw, or whatever had been causing it problems for quite a while. Also its quite possible that whilst at the vet's other problems were found and medication prescribed to administer along with possible antibiotics.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

Having looked at the replay for Saturday I am now convinced that it was a pre-planned procedure, Leora had packed a towel in the backpack, and to my mind they would not have taken the dog out for a brief walk with Paul " fully loaded " It was to wrap the dog up with after its procedure....possibly the dew claw, or whatever had been causing it problems for quite a while. Also its quite possible that whilst at the vet's other problems were found and medication prescribed to administer along with possible antibiotics.

jimbo further to your comment, and just having just seen Eva's belly it looks like she's finally had the snip, it may stop the dog humping the cushions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Newark52 said:

jimbo further to your comment, and just having just seen Eva's belly it looks like she's finally had the snip, it may stop the dog humping the cushions.

👍..I am not absolutely sure, but I have a feeling both girls in the apartment could be out of pillow humping action for a while.....possibly Auntie is here or about to arrive imminently.😩

Vous allez japper en lisant mon commentaire mais en cours à 4 pages sur la santé du chien. Certains pays comme la Chine et même en Suisse on mange des millions de chiens. Je ne suis pas quand même pas le seul à la maudire avec ses voisins et couper le bruit   quand cette charmante Léora se masturbe