Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #1

itsme

27 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

A positive aspect of the crisis is that all people worldwide are staying together. For example I just read Russia is sending supplies to the USA.  

For Russian regime such a move will only have a propaganda effect and this is the main goal of it, if it really took place; they should start to worry about their own people instead of sending equipment and suspected military doctors to Italy and other countries where public health care is at incomparably higher level, and  citizens in those countries are richer; but I'm not surprised because what's important, Putin and the regime created by him will work further and that's the point; Couple of days ago, yes, in the middle of the coronavirus outbreak, nine British ships were forced to shadow seven Russian vessels in waters around the UK; that's the real face of Mr. Putin. Don't forget about it Jab,  when next time you start to praise the regime 😉

29 minutes ago, waldi said:

For Russian regime such a move will only have a propaganda effect and this is the main goal of it, if it really took place; they should start to worry about their own people instead of sending equipment and suspected military doctors to Italy and other countries where public health care is at incomparably higher level, and  citizens in those countries are richer; but I'm not surprised because what's important, Putin and the regime created by him will work further and that's the point; Couple of days ago, yes, in the middle of the coronavirus outbreak, nine British ships were forced to shadow seven Russian vessels in waters around the UK; that's the real face of Mr. Putin. Don't forget about it Jab,  when next time you start to praise the regime 😉

I did not start to praise a regime. Nobody should praise that. I just said it's nice that people help each other. I am pretty sure the people in Italy and USA getting help from Russia or even China do not ask themselves why they got the help and are just happy to survive... Or you think anybody will say "Before I survive with the help of Russia or China or maybe even Cuba I'd rather die"? 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, waldi said:

Good man👍

Of course I should mention too the USA now send some help to Italy too while Germany is helping France and Italy with taking people from there to Germany for treatment in hospital. 

49 minutes ago, firewall said:

Wimbledon is cancelled this is the first time since the second world war, i bet the next big sport event to be cancelled will be "the tour de france" , what a shit year

if we follow a real logic, I think that there will be no sporting event for the year 2020

9 minutes ago, moos54 said:

if we follow a real logic, I think that there will be no sporting event for the year 2020

it's called a white year, Rolland Garros is reported to end of september but there is the time to be cancelled too, there is alot of chance the US open will be cancelled too,

and i can't imagine to watch the tour de france without spectators on the side on the road it's just not possible for me (pour une fois qu'il passait pas très loin de chez moi )

11 minutes ago, firewall said:

it's called a white year, Rolland Garros is reported to end of september but there is the time to be cancelled too,

and i can't imagine to watch the tour de france without spectators on the side on the road it's just not possible for me

Knowing that not all countries are affected in the same way and at the same time by covid-19, it seems to me very hypothetical to be able to guarantee major world sporting events, especially if no real antidote is yet to be found.
Even if this virus is no longer present in some countries, there will always be the fear that it can return by bringing sportsmen and fans from around the world

I had to participate in a European Paintball tournament, the first round was planned in Spain near Valencia this week, the second was in the Czech Republic in Prague at the end of May, these two rounds were canceled due to the virus
We have two other rounds planned, one in England in mid July and the last in France at the end of August, for the moment they are maintained but I no longer have any illusions, I actually think that 2020 will be a blank year or rather black view context

It is better to make sure that this virus is defeated before taking risks again especially when we see the devastation it can do at this time because most countries only communicate the dead who are counted in hospitals without speaking financial problems that he is also doing

• Like 3

1 hour ago, firewall said:

Wimbledon is cancelled this is the first time since the second world war, i bet the next big sport event to be cancelled will be "the tour de france" , what a shit year

I love my sport, but there are more important things on my mind right now...

• Like 1