Discussion: 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) #2

32 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

Still ask myself why the UK has such a high rate of dead people...?

In UK, at present, a lot less people are tested, generally only hospitalised patients and some front line staff..Many people in the community and care homes have it, but aren't tested, so these figures don't appear in the statistics, until they sadly die. So the ratio appears rather unbalanced...
In Germany, I believe everyone suspected of having it is tested, therefore many test positive, but survive, therefore the ratio of positive to dead is much lower

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, jabbath1987 said:

I always saw the UK as a little more "advanced" country than Italy and Spain...

Number of elderly people in the UK is basically same level as in Germany.

My question was pure interest. Nothing more. 

Saying the UK is only country recording them truthfully is a little bit biased...

On the positive side BoJo seems to be better 👍

Much like your original comment an attempt at point scoring no doubt, not a good trait.👎

It has been reported that if an infected person in Germany has a heart condition and has the virus and dies it is reported as heart failure and not the virus that's why numbers mean nothing without a breakdown and honest reporting.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Much like your original comment an attempt at point scoring no doubt, not a good trait.👎

It has been reported that if an infected person in Germany has a heart condition and has the virus and dies it is reported as heart failure and not the virus that's why numbers mean nothing without a breakdown and honest reporting.

Yes, it's as clear as mud 😵..I would say the majority of people dying still have other underlying health conditions...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nagachilli2 said:

Yes, it's as clear as mud 😵..I would say the majority of people dying still have other underlying health conditions...

There can be no clear factual data until all the exact causes of death are recorded in the same manner and not all reported as Covid19 deaths. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nagachilli2 said:

Yes, it's as clear as mud 😵..I would say the majority of people dying still have other underlining health conditions...

Very true but then the death was brought on much quicker by the virus so did the virus kill them or the underlying health condition. That's why without a definite breakdown of the figures it's impossible to make any logical and definitive statement. It's how each country wants to report them.

• Like 3

For example on that coronavirus site with the chart it shows that only 135 people in the UK have recovered. Well it's been showing that same 135 for bloody weeks so that's a load of bollocks for a start. 

Like they always say there are lies, damned lies and statistics. Much like beauty is only in the eyes of the beholder 😁👍

• Like 1

8 hours ago, letsdothis said:

Models like this are very fluid, as is the situation we're confronted with.
Dr. Fauci's previous numbers were based on the stats that were available
at that time, which made them reliable, at that point in time. As you well
know, this virus changes and continues to change very rapidly. As the
stats and numbers change, so will Fauci's, or anyone else's, prediction be
different. They will be as accurate as the stats for that period in time.

Fauci wasn't wrong, the numbers plugged into his model changed, so of
course the prediction was going to be different. Of course, any model's
prediction will only be as accurate as the numbers being used at any
given point. If the numbers being reported are inaccurate, like the number
of deaths, for example, then the prediction will also be inaccurate, but
that's not Fauci's fault.

Hey let's. Plus it's a new virus, isn't acting like typical flu or any other disease so they can't look into the past and see what happened last time.*

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robwin said:

For example on that coronavirus site with the chart it shows that only 135 people in the UK have recovered. Well it's been showing that same 135 for bloody weeks so that's a load of bollocks for a start. 

Like they always say there are lies, damned lies and statistics. Much like beauty is only in the eyes of the beholder 😁

They should add " last updated on 3-25" or whatever date it was. Wheres Dave been? Hiding g under his bed for 3 weeks? I havnt seen him.

Just now, ashleyxyz said:

They should add " last updated on 3-25" or whatever date it was. Wheres Dave been? Hiding g under his bed for 3 weeks? I havnt seen him.

I thought I read a post from him here recently. I am sure he is okay 😉

• Like 1