Forum Support - Bugs, errors, troubleshooting, etc.

Admin

6 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Your reply was over a week go and still CC is running as though it is running out of steam with it hanging when you post or upload stuff. Even when you click on the notification bell if often takes ages to bloody show up, really pisses me off.

If it isn't sorted out soon you are gonna lose a lot of members so someone wants to get their finger out pretty dam quick.

What kind of a device are you using.  I am getting no hesitation at all now and the notifications show up almost instantly. 

1 minute ago, StnCld316 said:

What kind of a device are you using.  I am getting no hesitation at all now and the notifications show up almost instantly. 

Desktop,laptop,tablet and phone, is that enough for you? :biggrin:

Right now it ain't too bad at all but it won't last,later on last night it was bloody awful. It just seems to vary so much.

11 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Right now it ain't too bad at all but it won't last,later on last night it was bloody awful. It just seems to vary so much.

I have been having the same issues, especially with images and the notification tab. I'm on a laptop, I7, 64gb ram, Nvida card and decent internet speed.

image.png.a77b9cc2bfce8c7e6125442b4b09aa78.png

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Robwin said:

That was likely caused by me deleting a lot of old redundant attachments over the last couple of days. When there are 100,000 or more attachments deleting 500 at a time takes a long while to get through them all.  I still have more when I get back on after I get some sleep but I should have it all finished sometime today.  All the attachments from the time Cam Caps began right through to the end of 2018 are being purged.  They're old and no one seems to be viewing them any further so why keep them.  A massive amount of disk space has been reclaimed for newer attachments going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, albundy1089 said:

I have been having the same issues, especially with images and the notification tab. I'm on a laptop, I7, 64gb ram, Nvida card and decent internet speed.

image.png.a77b9cc2bfce8c7e6125442b4b09aa78.png

Even on a normal page some piccys take ages to show up.

I note your download speed lol, mine is nothing like that. Mines around 35 which just goes to show really that high download speeds mean nothing really as normally on mine most things load up instantly. Much the same as ram, once you get above 16GB or even 8GB any more ram hardly makes any differnce to a normal user unless i suppose you are doing very intensive video editing or similar. I can stream films and broadcasts without any problem at all. 

5 minutes ago, x192023 said:

10 photos was uploading approx 60 seconds on camcaps 

the new forum taking 20 seconds 

this is using my 11 pro iPad 

Well come on be realistic there's hardly anything stored on the VH forum yet so no wonder it's faster.

When the VH forum has been going for 6yrs as CC have maybe it will be a ittle different eh. They ain't been going 6 weeks yet let alone 6yrs. :biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Well come on be realistic there's hardly anything stored on the VH forum yet so no wonder it's faster.

When the VH forum has been going for 6yrs as CC have maybe it will be a ittle different eh. They ain't been going 6 weeks yet let alone 6yrs. :biggrin:

That’s true.  428 dl upload 22.0 that’s pretty good speed!

30 minutes ago, Robwin said:

Even on a normal page some piccys take ages to show up.

I note your download speed lol, mine is nothing like that. Mines around 35 which just goes to show really that high download speeds mean nothing really as normally on mine most things load up instantly. Much the same as ram, once you get above 16GB or even 8GB any more ram hardly makes any differnce to a normal user unless i suppose you are doing very intensive video editing or similar. I can stream films and broadcasts without any problem at all. 

I bought this one for Photoshop/Lightroom. I sometimes have to do Gigapixel images that can reach over 500 megabytes. I am considering increasing it to 128GB since I still bog down sometimes. My hot button is upload speed, since I'm sending files to FTP sites a lot.

• Like 1