Forum Support - Bugs, errors, troubleshooting, etc.

Admin

• 2 years later...

Can you advise what is the preferred way to post a video clip in a forum post?

I have tried .mpg and .wmv so far.  The .wmv file appeared as a downloadable link.  The .mpg file showed as a blank white box with audio.

I can produce just about any format, but am looking for advice on the best way to match this excellent board.

Thanks!!

1 hour ago, hs6127 said:

Can you advise what is the preferred way to post a video clip in a forum post?

I have tried .mpg and .wmv so far.  The .wmv file appeared as a downloadable link.  The .mpg file showed as a blank white box with audio.

I can produce just about any format, but am looking for advice on the best way to match this excellent board.

Thanks!!

The best format to use is either   ,avi  or mp4.  Those are popular formats and work with any software.  The olden day formats of mpg or wmv have pretty well been ousted as technology has advanced.

2 hours ago, StnCld316 said:

The best format to use is either   ,avi  or mp4.  Those are popular formats and work with any software.  The olden day formats of mpg or wmv have pretty well been ousted as technology has advanced.

VLC will play any media format anyway.

But do agree .Avi or .mp4 are mostly used now.

So here are a couple of short test files.  The first one on the left is an mp4 file.  It plays only sound on this board.  The second one is an avi file.  It shows as a link in the post.  Both of these files play on my video player.

Maybe I am looking for something on this board that isn't supported.  I was assuming that a video file would display within a message.

8 minutes ago, hs6127 said:

So here are a couple of short test files.  The first one on the left is an mp4 file.  It plays only sound on this board.  The second one is an avi file.  It shows as a link in the post.  Both of these files play on my video player.

Maybe I am looking for something on this board that isn't supported.  I was assuming that a video file would display within a message.

Voyeur House TV - #1 Source for hidden real life cams - 21.09.2019, 22_07_2.avi

I got a Picture and sound on the MP4 File. It's embedded so it shows as a Video Screen.  The avi file will only show as a link since it can't be embedded the same as MP4.  Short MP4 Files will embed and play fine but if the file is too large it has to buffer the whole video before it will play. Most of the time MP4 embedded files will time out before the buffering finishes making the file incomplete to play.  I myself always use the avi format.

@StnCld316  -- Thanks for your help.

It appears that not being able to see that embedded mp4 file is a browser issue.  I encoded the mp4 file in my original sample using and older mp4 codec.  The video did not appear with Chrome or Firefox, but did show using MS Edge.

I re encoded it using a newer codec and all seems well.

I am curious as to what browser you were using when you were able to view the original mp4 file in my earlier post.

Here is the re encoded mp4:

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
On 1/12/2014 at 8:48 PM, Admin said:

This is the official forum support thread. If you encounter any errors, bugs, or something that isn't working please post here.

- Admin

I still can't access premium content nearly 24 hours after paying for it. How long does this take?

• 3 weeks later...

oh!is there anyone can help me why the icon of cover photo it non function with me?! it takes so long! and doesn't go to upload of any picture file! oh i would to make sure if no there any something wrong from by my side...😟

10 minutes ago, ooopel said:

oh!is there anyone can help me why the icon of cover photo it non function with me?! it takes so long! and doesn't go to upload of any picture file! oh i would to make sure if no there any something wrong from by my side...😟

I just checked it and it seemed to work fine for me using Microsoft Edge Browser.   Try a different Browser and see if will work.  You should be able to remove the picture I have inserted and replace it with one of your own.

• Like 1