Opinions , ideas and speculations for out of the apartment life / activities - 1

ddhm

40 minutes ago, jimbo4 said:

I believe Russia still has a ban on Foreign nationals, airplane crews, residents or transit passengers....all apart from diplomats...

There are many exceptions now. And there are regular commercial flights from a number of countries (Turkey, the UK, etc). But regardless, isn't Malia a Russian citizen? Why would she be prevented from re-entering because of a ban on foreign nationals? Or is she from somewhere else?

3 minutes ago, timber said:

There are many exceptions now. And there are regular commercial flights from a number of countries (Turkey, the UK, etc). But regardless, isn't Malia a Russian citizen? Why would she be prevented from re-entering because of a ban on foreign nationals? Or is she from somewhere else?

Rather than take any one in the forums opinion as to when the Russian border will reopen. Plus it will end the bantering. Simply pull up Bing, and ask the question " When will the Russia borders reopen? "

It will give you an excellent answer to that question. 

• Like 5

Just now, scutus said:

Rather than take any one in the forums opinion as to when the Russian border will reopen. Plus it will end the bantering. Simply pull up Bing, and ask the question " When will the Russia borders reopen? "

It will give you an excellent answer to that question. 

My point (since you seem to have missed it) is that the Russian borders have been open this entire time for Russian citizens. I don't need to google that because I know it personally from people who have entered Russia during the past few months, but maybe you should try it. Actually, I'll save you the trouble:

From May 10:

My question was why wouldn't that apply to Malia? If she's not a Russian national or permanent resident then that answers my question, but I didn't know, so I asked.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, timber said:

My point (since you seem to have missed it) is that the Russian borders have been open this entire time for Russian citizens. I don't need to google that because I know it personally from people who have entered Russia during the past few months, but maybe you should try it. Actually, I'll save you the trouble:

From May 10:

My question was why wouldn't that apply to Malia? If she's not a Russian national or permanent resident then that answers my question, but I didn't know, so I asked.

I guess you will have to ask Mr. Putin to resolve your issue! It was absolutely no trouble. I had already checked it. Immediately before I made the post. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, scutus said:

I guess you will have to ask Mr. Putin to resolve your issue! It was absolutely no trouble. I had already checked it. Immediately before I made the post. 

I assume this made sense in your head before you typed it. That whole brain-to-fingers thing can tricky.

I'd appreciate it if someone else would actually answer the question if they're able to.

1 minute ago, timber said:

I assume this made sense in your head before you typed it. That whole brain-to-fingers thing can tricky.

I'd appreciate it if someone else would actually answer the question if they're able to.

For what it is worth. My opinion is Malia and Leora are aware of the current border interactions between Russia, and Chechia. This is speculation on my part, That you are more interested in debating. Than you are in accepting an answer from an independent source. To which I say, "good luck " and have a good day ! 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, scutus said:

For what it is worth. My opinion is Malia and Leora are aware of the current border interactions between Russia, and Chechia. This is speculation on my part, That you are more interested in debating. Than you are in accepting an answer from an independent source. To which I say, "good luck " and have a good day ! 

I actually wasn't looking for a debate at all, just an answer. It seemed to be commonly accepted here that Malia can't return to Russia because of covid, and that didn't make sense to me, so I wondered if I was missing something. But thank you for your attempts to answer! Perhaps it's just a matter of wanting to wait until there are convenient direct flights between Prague and Russia or something like that.

• Like 2

It seems that the thread became quite popular , for the good or bad reasons , I think it is nice that many people have expressed their opinions , at the end , this is what this forum is all about and I want also to say that the mods when they changed the rules on the 1st September so as to be a variety of topics and not the general chats , I think they had something like this in mind . 

Anyway , some points I want to address as a european citizen and working at the travel business . I can only say that whoever in Europe ( Schengen citizens ) want to travel in Russia , flights are restricted , but , if you are a Russian citizen , you can enter Russia with no restrictions ( you will be quarantined ) , as long as there’s a flight of course from the correspondent country . I say this because I have read that Malia has extended the stay in Prague because she can’t go back , till the end of October there are no direct flights to Russia , it will be then become available , but you can always go through UK mostly . 

With that being said , i believe that also Malia now has this permission of staying in Czech Republic , I think that is declared as working in the country , otherwise you can’t stay for more than 90 days .

And with that also being said , I believe then that RLC in Czech Republic ( Prague ) is stated as a working business in order to be able to hire employees so as not to be long staying restrictions . The same I also believe applies in Spain for RLC and this is how the COV and GOV apartments work . 

And a comment on something that I hope it won’t create again “ phrasal wars “ 😬🙄 , my opinion is that whenever I read about forum members who try to “ protect “ the participants because they don’t have the ability to do so , I can only say that no one is forcing the girls to read anything here ( if we assume that  they read the forum ) , it is their own decision to log in or just in general have a look at the comments written about them . And it is inevitable that there are haters and also worshippers , but still , everyone has the right to their opinion as long of course as is mentioned not to use any vulgar language towards the participants or be disrespectful . I think we can have a negative opinion about the girls but as long as we can develop our opinion based on arguments and not because we just woke up and we are in a bad mood and we want to say something negative ( or even positive of course ) or we had a bad day at work or bad sex with our partner , well , everyone is entitled to judge the participants I believe . And the common sense says , that if you don’t want as a participant to get affected , just stay away of reading the forum or if you do , they will be the praises and the damnations 😬

I wish everyone some great times , enjoy the project and if I have made some angry or whoever disagrees , it is just my opinion out of respect to each and everyone of you commenting on this thread and judging by what we see at the RLC project . 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, timber said:

I actually wasn't looking for a debate at all, just an answer. It seemed to be commonly accepted here that Malia can't return to Russia because of covid, and that didn't make sense to me, so I wondered if I was missing something. But thank you for your attempts to answer! Perhaps it's just a matter of wanting to wait until there's convenient direct flights between Prague and Russia or something like that.

I suspect that any decision to return to Russia, even if they were tired of the whole Prague experience, which must surely be preferred to living in Siberia, even among some family and friends, would be based on cost, as much as availability of flights.

And airline flights are costed at a premium at the present time, which could prove prohibitive to either or both of these residents right now. The tickets could wipe out any savings they might have accumulated from their stay in the Czech Republic.

It's also probably safer, covid19 wise, living in Prague, where health restrictions are very strict.

6 hours ago, timber said:

Residents also!!.....Of course the situation is fluid so could alter at any time...The problem with entering countries now as I have recently experienced is that many of them demand a negative PCR Covid 19 tests provided within seven day ( sometimes less ) and want to know what countries you have travelled to within the past 14 days...So trying to enter via another country could prove difficult...especially for someone like Malia who took months to have the confidence to venture out alone in Prague, and still needs Leora to understand the language most of the time.

Russia bans the entry of foreign nationals, except diplomats, aeroplane crew members, residents or transit passengers. 

As stated, the situation is fluid so might be different now..

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ddhm said:

It seems that the thread became quite popular , for the good or bad reasons , I think it is nice that many people have expressed their opinions , at the end , this is what this forum is all about and I want also to say that the mods when they changed the rules on the 1st September so as to be a variety of topics and not the general chats , I think they had something like this in mind . 

Anyway , some points I want to address as a european citizen and working at the travel business . I can only say that whoever in Europe ( Schengen citizens ) want to travel in Russia , flights are restricted , but , if you are a Russian citizen , you can enter Russia with no restrictions ( you will be quarantined ) , as long as there’s a flight of course from the correspondent country . I say this because I have read that Malia has extended the stay in Prague because she can’t go back , till the end of October there are no direct flights to Russia , it will be then become available , but you can always go through UK mostly . 

With that being said , i believe that also Malia now has this permission of staying in Czech Republic , I think that is declared as working in the country , otherwise you can’t stay for more than 90 days .

And with that also being said , I believe then that RLC in Czech Republic ( Prague ) is stated as a working business in order to be able to hire employees so as not to be long staying restrictions . The same I also believe applies in Spain for RLC and this is how the COV and GOV apartments work . 

And a comment on something that I hope it won’t create again “ phrasal wars “ 😬🙄 , my opinion is that whenever I read about forum members who try to “ protect “ the participants because they don’t have the ability to do so , I can only say that no one is forcing the girls to read anything here ( if we assume that  they read the forum ) , it is their own decision to log in or just in general have a look at the comments written about them . And it is inevitable that there are haters and also worshippers , but still , everyone has the right to their opinion as long of course as is mentioned not to use any vulgar language towards the participants or be disrespectful . I think we can have a negative opinion about the girls but as long as we can develop our opinion based on arguments and not because we just woke up and we are in a bad mood and we want to say something negative ( or even positive of course ) or we had a bad day at work or bad sex with our partner , well , everyone is entitled to judge the participants I believe . And the common sense says , that if you don’t want as a participant to get affected , just stay away of reading the forum or if you do , they will be the praises and the damnations 😬

I wish everyone some great times , enjoy the project and if I have made some angry or whoever disagrees , it is just my opinion out of respect to each and everyone of you commenting on this thread and judging by what we see at the RLC project . 

You've also got to take into consideration the Czech Republic and Russia are not exactly bosom buddies, and without delving in to politics as this is the wrong Forum, Putin probably has the last word to say on which county is or isn't allowed across its borders.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jimbo4 said:

Residents also!!.....Of course the situation is fluid so could alter at any time...The problem with entering countries now as I have recently experienced is that many of them demand a negative PCR Covid 19 tests provided within seven day ( sometimes less ) and want to know what countries you have travelled to within the past 14 days...So trying to enter via another country could prove difficult...especially for someone like Malia who took months to have the confidence to venture out alone in Prague, and still needs Leora to understand the language most of the time.

Russia bans the entry of foreign nationals, except diplomats, aeroplane crew members, residents or transit passengers. 

As stated, the situation is fluid so might be different now..

There's an 'except' in that sentence. So it's saying that foreign nationals who are residents can enter Russia, along with those who are diplomats, airplane crews or transit passengers.

For example, if you go to the US Embassy site for Russia it says:

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter? No 

• The Government of the Russian Federation banned the entry of foreign nationals, including American citizens, with a few exceptions.
  • The ban does not apply to: airplane crew members, permanent residents of the Russian Federation who hold a valid residence permit, or transit passengers. In addition, the Russian government allows entry of foreigners for medical treatment or in order to care for relatives in Russia.

But again, I don't know how any of that's relevant to Malia if she's not a foreign national. The ban is on foreign nationals, not on re-entering Russian nationals. They've been able to re-enter the whole time. There aren't many countries in the world that barred their own citizens from coming back home (in fact, I don't know if there are any) since that would put a large number of people into an impossible situation if they couldn't stay in whatever country they were currently in. I have Russian friends who were in Paris when the borders were closed, and they were able to re-enter Russia in early June. There were a couple of Russian girls in the Barcelona apartments who returned to Russia in July.

But yeah, if it's just a matter of it being inconvenient or stressful to connect through another country, or if she'd rather just stay in Prague while the pandemic is active, that makes total sense to me. I just thought people were saying she literally couldn't go back to Russia.

• Like 2