Who won the first U.S. presidential debate?

itsme

Who won the first presidential debate?   

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who won the first U.S. presidential debate?

• Donald Trump (R)
    • Joe Biden (D)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2020 at 04:00 AM

35 minutes ago, Ridgerunner said:

Biden didn't look too comfortable himself when Trump asked Joe about the money his son had received from the wife of the mayor Moscow or about the money his son received from a Ukrainian business and Chinese businesses.

Without the actual proof it's just another spouting off from the mouth Trump Conspiracy Theory.  

What is the point of these ridiculous charades(Presidential Debates?).If two old guys slagging each other off,petty point scoring and generally behaving like a couple of pre teen kids is how you decide who is going to run your country then God help you.In any country's government you will have politicians heatedly discussing and disagreeing with each other but to showcase what we saw yesterday is nothing short of embarrassing.Whichever party you support are you really proud of that performance.?IMO politics should be discussed and debated in appropriate government establishments Congress,Senate etc.Nothing wrong with either party having their own conventions to attempt to win votes but a televised "debate"not so much.I know this is how you always do it in the run up to an election in America but come on.jmho.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dave 27 said:

What is the point of these ridiculous charades(Presidential Debates?).If two old guys slagging each other off,petty point scoring and generally behaving like a couple of pre teen kids is how you decide who is going to run your country then God help you.In any country's government you will have politicians heatedly discussing and disagreeing with each other but to showcase what we saw yesterday is nothing short of embarrassing.Whichever party you support are you really proud of that performance.?IMO politics should be discussed and debated in appropriate government establishments Congress,Senate etc.Nothing wrong with either party having their own conventions to attempt to win votes but a televised "debate"not so much.I know this is how you always do it in the run up to an election in America but come on.jmho.

The new Spitting Image team will have a field day...:biggrin:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dave 27 said:

It's quite striking how much the democratic culture of the USA has suffered under Trump. Such a kindergarten in an presidential debate was unimaginable before Trump, at least for me.

I think it was important for Biden to hold his ground against this bully and after a difficult start he succeeded surprisingly well. Anyway, At least from the outside view (as an european), I don't think that either of them has gained points today. Considering that Biden leads in the polls and is currently even ahead in the Ohio poll (Fox News), this can be seen as a win for him.

I am curious to see what effect the direct approach of Biden has had on the average American. I think it was an very intelligent idea to ignore Trump from time to time and addressing the voters directly. Nobody can win a discussion with a clown, but Biden can win the trust of the voters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alladino said:

It's quite striking how much the democratic culture of the USA has suffered under Trump. Such a kindergarten in an presidential debate was unimaginable before Trump, at least for me.

I think it was important for Biden to hold his ground against this bully and after a difficult start he succeeded surprisingly well. Anyway, At least from the outside view (as an european), I don't think that either of them has gained points today. Considering that Biden leads in the polls and is currently even ahead in the Ohio poll (Fox News), this can be seen as a win for him.

I am curious to see what effect the direct approach of Biden has had on the average American. I think it was an very intelligent idea to ignore Trump from time to time and addressing the voters directly. Nobody can win a discussion with a clown, but Biden can win the trust of the voters.

Biden can win the trust of voters by flip-flopping on the issues of healthcare, the Green New Deal, fracking, and law enforcement, and the progressive manifesto? In the debate Biden said he is not in favor of  government run healthcare for everyone, he said he does not support the Green New Deal, he said he does not want to ban fracking, he said he supports law enforcement by police, and Biden said he did not sign a progressive manifesto with Bernie Sanders and AOC.  That may win him points with moderate voters who are dumb enough to trust him, but how is that going to play with the Bernie Bros whose votes Biden has to have in order to win the election?:confused: