B4 Girls On Vacation - General Topic 2021 #95(August)

13 minutes ago, chuck206 said:

Question: about the plastic wrapping around the travel bags / suitcases.   Why ?

In my travels, it is a rare site. Protection ? The case covering should be protection from the elements. The parts that normally break, the handle and wheels, are still at risk. Security? you will still have to open the bag if inspected.  Curious.

This is usually to avoid any exposure at loading stations either being airports / ports / bus stations from weather conditions , in preference raining . I  am working in the airport here and this is the answer I have got  many times from travellers , this is a habit that occurs mostly to people coming from east Europe and  ex USSR nations , Poland and Czech Republic also have this habit .

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, chuck206 said:

Question: about the plastic wrapping around the travel bags / suitcases.   Why ?

In my travels, it is a rare site. Protection ? The case covering should be protection from the elements. The parts that normally break, the handle and wheels, are still at risk. Security? you will still have to open the bag if inspected.  Curious.

It is a form of extra security protection for theft of contents in the suitcases. As well as protection from damage. We know that at some airports, unfaithful employees open their luggage to look for valuables.

16 minutes ago, chuck206 said:

Is to avoid damaging the bag. The airport workers throw the bags like potato sacks. What is very common in airports here is wrap the bags with a more strong plastic. 

8 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

Is to avoid damaging the bag. The airport workers throw the bags like potato sacks. What is very common in airports here is wrap the bags with a more strong plastic. 

yep, I traveled a lot by plane before Covid-19 and have seen this service offered at several airports

9 minutes ago, thinga69 said:

yeah not wrong, I saw it with my own eyes when I went to do a sports competition in Barcelona, it was not pretty to see

On the other hand, I am not sure that a piece of plastic can really protect against shocks

19 minutes ago, moos54 said:

yeah not wrong, I saw it with my own eyes when I went to do a sports competition in Barcelona, it was not pretty to see

On the other hand, I am not sure that a piece of plastic can really protect against shocks

Not shocks, but it prevents damage to the surface of the bag. Scratches, small tears etc. Those who travel by plane already know not to put fragile objects in their luggage. These are carried in hand luggage.

3 hours ago, Mark Thompson said:

so much for stalking protection   town location, area house is in ...fucking RLC idiot.... but hey bring on the US college girls 

That was a spoof that began on Craigslist a few years back.  RLC does not advertise when looking for tenants for apartments.

If anyone applied or fell for it then they win the Tin Foil Hat Award.

youtube fashion GIF

• Haha 4

36 minutes ago, StnCld316 said:

That was a spoof that began on Craigslist a few years back.  RLC does not advertise when looking for tenants for apartments.

If anyone applied or fell for it then they win the Tin Foil Hat Award.

youtube fashion GIF

i remember when RLC said they bought a house in the USA named the city and in like less than a hour someone was posting the address and a picture of the house on here 

3 minutes ago, EMMETT111 said:

i remember when RLC said they bought a house in the USA named the city and in like less than a hour someone was posting the address and a picture of the house on here 

The only one I could ever remember was the Craigslist one.  If there was another then I missed it or just can't remember.